Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New animations & new features

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

New animations & new features Empty
PostSubject: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Somewhere on the forum I saw a post from Childe of Malkav that states that blooddolls won't stand in one place anymore and will move around as normal customers.
Also I know that Zeromorph has some new animations like Arthur moving around and drinking beer and probably some I haven't heard about.
So my question is: Are you going to use those new animations for both TFN and CE or some will be exclusive only for TFN and the others only for CE?

In the message boards thread Zero said that Childe of Malkav created some sort of Inspection System for TFN. My question here is the same. Are those new features gonna be applied to CE as well?

Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:52 pm

Raziel,

Those are all good questions so let me be the first to answer. The ultimate decision on all things CE are Malkavs' and the ultimate decision on all things TFN are mine, however Malkav and I are working very closely helping each other out with our weaknesses so we can both have the best expansion possible.

With that said, there are obviously some big differences between CE and TFN (and many likenesses too). One of the big differences is that Malkav has the email college, and though his idea was brilliant it wasn't what I had in mind for TFN so we are handling "money for XP" differently.

Now for answers to your specific questions. Any animations used for TFN will be offered up for CE if Malkav wants them, and vice versa I assume. Now that we both know how to create animations I'm sure we will eventually collaborate our efforts to have similiar effects in both mods. Any animations not appropriate for a mod will obviously not be used, but for the most part I could see both CE and TFN expanding on NPC animations in general.

The TFN Inspection System is something I asked Malkav to python script for me, and he did an amazing job. He scripted it exactly how I wanted it and now I am implementing it in TFN. He on the other hand has a unique solution to Inspection by randomizing items in both type and location around the hubs, which will be a little different from what I'm doing with TFN. Both are great systems and I think will fit nicely into their given mods, though they are a little different in structure.

It's differences like these that will make the 2 mods feel a little differently, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on personal preference. But I think the overall experience will be the same, both CE and TFN will change the face of Bloodlines in a good direction.

Sorry for the long winded answer and I'm curious to how Malkav responds, and I hope I was able to shed a little light on the subject. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:22 am

Hi,

I agree to the things Zer0 said.
And I'm interested in getting the animations for NPCs that behave more lifelike in TFN.

(Zer0, for the blooddolls, I just activated intersting places, and gave them the same groups as the usual customers. For Asylum, that's already set, only deactivated.)

On the hidden items: Both mods have items hidden on the hubs, and possibly on other maps as well.For every item you will need a specific level of inspection to find it at all, and in many cases a bit more for the sparklies to fire up. The main difference is, in TFN you will find the items always in the same place. In CE, every item will turn up at a randomized spot. As an example: If you have 5 inspection, you can find a glock in Santa Monica. But in one game it may turn up somewhere in the parking garage, and in the next game you play, it could be in a dark spot on main street. And of course the items and the spots will be different in both mods, because Zer0 and I set up the lists individually. But both have in common, that there are some easy to find cheap items, and some hard to find good ones like better armor or weapons.

I think that'all that has to be said on this topic right now scratch

- geek
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 am

YamiRaziel wrote:
Somewhere on the forum I saw a post from Childe of Malkav that states that blooddolls won't stand in one place anymore and will move around as normal customers.

I think the idea of blooddolls moving about the clubs is a "brilliant" idea! It would add a good taste of immersion. I have been aggravated since day one, that they just stand in one place like some living statue waiting for you to come back and replenish yourself once again. Two huge thumbs up on this getting implemented sometime Childe of Malkav cheers

Last edited by Maximus1 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 am

Yes, I hope the only reason Troika left it out was fear that people won't find them, if they moved along with the usual customers, and not for some other reason I might find in the beta testing.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:08 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Yes, I hope the only reason Troika left it out was fear that people won't find them, if they moved along with the usual customers, and not for some other reason I might find in the beta testing.

- geek

Well in CE 1.2 and 1.3. we have blooddolls walking about, so why should there be any issues with the stock NPC blooddolls moving around?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 pm

I also can't imagine a reason, but with this game, you never know until you have tested it... bounce

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 2:05 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I also can't imagine a reason, but with this game, you never know until you have tested it... bounce

- geek
I like the way you and/or Zer0Morph did the dialogue with the CE Blooddolls. But I suppose you can't do that to Troika's Blooddolls because you'd need new dialogue for them.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:16 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek
I like the way you and/or Zer0Morph did the dialogue with the CE Blooddolls. But I suppose you can't do that to Troika's Blooddolls because you'd need new dialogue for them.

I'm actually proud to say that I was the one who created those new blood dolls and I did it without any help, YAY!!! I usually need help doing stuff so this is an achievement for me, believe me.

Actually with a voice actor you could completely revamp everything Troika's Blooddolls say, just need someone to speak it and record it.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Actually with a voice actor you could completely revamp everything Troika's Blooddolls say, just need someone to speak it and record it.
I'm going to brag and reveal to everyone that I am more than capable of doing all manner of voice tricks, but that talent does not extend to sounding like a woman. albino
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:26 pm

We need a male orgasm, can you do that one?

LOL JK albino
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
I'm going to brag and reveal to everyone that I am more than capable of doing all manner of voice tricks, but that talent does not extend to sounding like a woman. albino
No problem there. I can change the models on the map file, so you have male blood dolls queen --> king

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
We need a male orgasm, can you do that one?

LOL JK albino
Damn, now I'm disappointed. clown

Childe of Malkav wrote:
No problem there. I can change the models on the map file, so you have male blood dolls queen --> king

- geek
Childe of Munster, for all your Male Blooddoll needs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New animations & new features   New animations & new features Empty

Back to top Go down

New animations & new features
Page 1 of 1