Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IS there a way to swap player models?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
apylam
Fledgling
Fledgling

IS there a way to swap player models? Empty
PostSubject: IS there a way to swap player models?   IS there a way to swap player models? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:25 pm

Hello everyone.

I have been fidgeting with the game and I was curious about some things : can you help me with these?

I was curious about something : is there a console command in the game that allows you to change the model used by your player? For example, to use the tremere female model while you play a ventrue?

If there isn't, is it possible to swap models in another way, for example by toying with the models directory?

And two unrelated questions :

is there a way to have a list of every argument available with the vstats get command?

If you play with a widescreen and used the resolution patcher, is there a way to play with a resolution lesser than the base 1200X700 that the resolution patcher defaults with? I tried to input a lesser resolution (1024X640) but the game reverts to the basic 640X480 resolution if I do that.

Thank you for your help.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: IS there a way to swap player models?   IS there a way to swap player models? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi,

About your question concerning model swapping. I'm not aware of any console command for that. But for a new game it's easy.
Let's take your example of a Ventrue in Tremere clothes. Open \vampire\vdata\system\clandoc000.txt with notebook. Find Player_Tremere and copy out the model paths. Then find Player_Ventrue and paste the tremere paths in. Don't delete the original Ventrue paths, just comment them out, using // at the beginning of the line. You must be careful about the syntax in this file, especially concerning " "
This will work with a newly started game, but it doesn't affect your saved game files.

vstats get should show the start of a list as soon as you also have typed in a SPACE then start typing the name of the attribute, ability you want to rise.

I don't think, res patch lets you go to a lesser resolution. But I have never tried it.

- geek
Back to top Go down
apylam
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: IS there a way to swap player models?   IS there a way to swap player models? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Many thanks for the answers.

However, I can see the list proposed when I input vstats get in the console, but it only gives the few first choices, and I can't scroll to the rest of the list. Is there a way to scroll this list (Pushing down doesn't seem to work...)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: IS there a way to swap player models?   IS there a way to swap player models? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 pm

CMDLIST will list all available commands, type that in the console.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: IS there a way to swap player models?   IS there a way to swap player models? EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:37 am

apylam wrote:
Many thanks for the answers.

However, I can see the list proposed when I input vstats get in the console, but it only gives the few first choices, and I can't scroll to the rest of the list. Is there a way to scroll this list (Pushing down doesn't seem to work...)

What I always do is going through the alphabet. Means you start with 'a', look at the possible choices (if there are any) and if there are more than the console can hold at once, I continue with 'ab', 'ac' and so on and so on and so on. Of course that'll take a while, but once you're through you should know what's available and what's not. That works with all other commands too, so if you're in doubt or know what you want, like bloodpacks or stuff, it's not that bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS there a way to swap player models?   IS there a way to swap player models? Empty

Back to top Go down

IS there a way to swap player models?
Page 1 of 1