Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you guys professionals? You should be.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Are you guys professionals?  You should be. Empty
PostSubject: Are you guys professionals? You should be.   Are you guys professionals?  You should be. EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:51 pm

This question is for Childe of Malkav, and Zer0Morph, and really for everyone else who works on these mods:

Are you guys in the gaming business? After all of the work you put in on this game, and the creativity of making these changes, you should be.

All of the work you've done on this mod would look great on a resume, I'm sure. Just a suggestion.

Thanks again for all the hard work. It's appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Are you guys professionals? You should be.   Are you guys professionals?  You should be. EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:00 am

Very kind words from an equally kind guy! I'm flattered that you'd think Malk and I are professionals, that's quite a compliment. All I can say is, I wish I was getting paid for this, or I could do this as a full time job. I am in the IT industry, it's how I make my living but unfortunately it's in the troubleshooting business, not the gaming one.

I guess it makes sense that I'd be doing this being that since I was a little kid I've been making games, but usually on cardboard cut outs and paper. I'd often spend hours in my room alone coming up with new rules for my GI Joes, which eventually graduated to Advanced Dungeons and Dragons in high school with some other equally geek minded friends.

When I learned you could merge RPG style gaming into video games I became hooked. I began using my IT skills to continue my pursuit of game creation and since I don't work for a gaming company, modding other people's games seemed the logical choice... and so here we are... TCI is born.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Are you guys professionals? You should be.   Are you guys professionals?  You should be. EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Eh, no. I'm 16 and will be making my career on Economics, prolly.

Although i'm simply doing grunt work in TFN cyclops
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Are you guys professionals? You should be.   Are you guys professionals?  You should be. EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 5:50 am

Well I'm certainly not good enough to do programming on a professional basis. And I wouldn't like doing it. Playin along with it for my personal fun is o.k. But doing it all day long would very fast take all the fun out of it for me.

I do have a basic education in setting up algorithms for a given problem, and thinking of all the possible choices for the program to make.
But I'm better at reading source code than writing it myself.
And these computers really are stupid. They always do what you tell them to do, not what you want them to do No

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Are you guys professionals? You should be.   Are you guys professionals?  You should be. EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I do have a basic education in setting up algorithms for a given problem, and thinking of all the possible choices for the program to make.

Now that you mention it Malkav, you really do think of every angle before giving me the files, stuff I would've overlooked as a potential outcome to a quest... you're very good at that.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
tarsos11
Fledgling
Fledgling
tarsos11

PostSubject: Re: Are you guys professionals? You should be.   Are you guys professionals?  You should be. EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Zer0Morph have you ever seen the T.V show "the I.T. club"?
i think you'll find it funny.
tell me if it's the same in your company....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you guys professionals? You should be.   Are you guys professionals?  You should be. Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you guys professionals? You should be.
Page 1 of 1