Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blast_beat
Neonate
Neonate

Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] Empty
PostSubject: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Hey, I'm new here, so let me introduce myself, I'm Daniel! Good work on the mod and everything. I hope you take the game even further in the future. Here are some bugs I've stumbled across while playing with female Gangrel.

First bug was after slashing the paintings in the gallery and using Fortitude, it looks like the Fortitude applies to the Blood Guardian dude as well, so it took me few minutes to figure out why we can't kill each other. haha

Second bug was actually a graphic flaw around (not sure) the Elizabeth quest, after it, it fixed itself. lol Around the old position of Fat Larry, kinda of if you go out of the Camarilla tower and look to the left you will see it.

Third one makes the game unplayable for me now. Let me try explain. First time happened was after the Elizabeth quest, reported to the prince and when I tried to exit the building, the game crushed... sorta freezed on the loading screen. Restarting my PC didn't help. How did I "fix" it, well, loaded the game from previous state and I did few other quests before reporting to the prince, that seemed to work out for some reason. The same thing happened after the same quest trying to get out of the Last Round. Used the same lame "technique" to over come it... 'till now I'm stuck. I can't get out of Grout's mansion, every time I try to get back to Downtown hub it crashes on the loading screen, similar to the other crashes and I really didn't left any other quests. Would be really frustrating this time if I have to back few major quests in hope of it to fix.

Hope you can help me... I dunno if it's form my PC, but I've played the whole game few times on the same PC with the same OS, so I assume it's a bug or something. Thanks in advance!

Forgot to mention that I've installed a clean copy of the game and the CE 1.1 over it, as instructed. But however I've turned off the blood timer by typing 0.

Last edited by blast_beat on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:48 pm

1. We are looking into fixing the Blood Guardian Bug even though it's technically not a bug. What happens was the Bloodform Discipline was increased for Tremere, which in turn increased the amount the Blood Guardian could withstand. So it seems at first that your trying to hit the Blood Guardian and you can't damage him, when in reality you are damaging his Bloodform power, until it eventually shuts off. Problem is when it shuts off he uses the same skins (Bloodform FX) so the player can't tell the difference, you only know all the sudden you're able to damage him.

It's confusing for some so I'm going to fix it so you can damage him the same throughout the whole fight.

2. I've never seen this graphic bug, can you take a snapshot of it and post it?

3. Someone else had this exact same problem when using CE 1.0. From what I understand he uninstalled everything then reinstalled it and it fixed the issue. It had to do with the Node Graph being out of date, a problem that existed in CE 1.0. CE 1.1 should've fixed that and I haven't heard the complaint about it until now from you.

What you could try doing is deleting all the graph files in \Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\Maps\Graph and see if rebuilding the node graph fixes it. I would save the original graph files elsewhere just in case it makes the problem worse, then again you can't play it now as is so it may not matter.

Report back and let me know if that helps...
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
blast_beat
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:31 am

Deleting the files from the \Maps\Graph fixed the problem! cheers Thank you! I'll let you know if the game behaves differently when playing it for more continued time. What were those files for anyway?

About the graphic flaw... after progressing in the game quests it disappears. First time you progress from Santa Monica to Downtown is the perfect timing to see it. Sorry but I don't have save game files from there... should have acted on time. Crying or Very sad Maybe it was random glitch or something?! scratch
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 2:10 am

blast_beat wrote:
Deleting the files from the \Maps\Graph fixed the problem! cheers Thank you! I'll let you know if the game behaves differently when playing it for more continued time. What were those files for anyway?

About the graphic flaw... after progressing in the game quests it disappears. First time you progress from Santa Monica to Downtown is the perfect timing to see it. Sorry but I don't have save game files from there... should have acted on time. Crying or Very sad Maybe it was random glitch or something?! scratch

Awesome glad to hear that helped!

The node graph files are built when you first enter a map. They remember what the settings of the map are so the next time you return you're not waiting forever for them to load. What happened was somehow you had some old graph nodes still in your \Map\Graph folder which can absolutely wreeck havoc on your game mismatching graph nodes with different .bsp maps.

Probably 99-100% of your problems were from this including the graphical glitch. I put my 5 bucks on you starting a new game, get to LA for the first time and the graphical glitch isn't there this time around. santa

Either way this should solve ALL of your problems and it should be smooth sailing with CE 1.1 here on out.
Back to top Go down
blast_beat
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:13 am

Yeah, I'll start a new game with the CE 1.2, can't wait. Since I've opened up a thread already I might as well ask here... the game seems to crashes from time to time... it always did, no matter if I'm using a mod or an unofficial or official patch. I guess it's kinda of "healthy" thing for Bloodlines to do that, but I wonder is that only with me? Or to ask it this way, is it possible to beat the game without any crashes no matter what mod or patch we are using? rabbit

Oh and thank you for this mod! If Bloodlines hooks you up, it lives there for a long time and it's cool that people like you bring some new experiences to it. cheers
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:09 am

blast_beat wrote:
Yeah, I'll start a new game with the CE 1.2, can't wait. Since I've opened up a thread already I might as well ask here... the game seems to crashes from time to time... it always did, no matter if I'm using a mod or an unofficial or official patch. I guess it's kinda of "healthy" thing for Bloodlines to do that, but I wonder is that only with me? Or to ask it this way, is it possible to beat the game without any crashes no matter what mod or patch we are using? rabbit

Oh and thank you for this mod! If Bloodlines hooks you up, it lives there for a long time and it's cool that people like you bring some new experiences to it. cheers

Thanks for the kind words again...

It's funny but ya my game crashes from time to time. I noticed the crashing more when I got a multiple core CPU so what I started doing is starting up the game, but before I load a saved game or start a new character I would TAB out of the game, go into my task manager and rightclick "Vampire.exe" and turn off every core except 1, usually I leave Core 0 check marked.

What this does is turn off every processor but one so the game thinks you are using only 1 CPU, which really you are. I don't know if Troika had multiple CPU support in mind when the created the game, but it seemed to help my game experience alot since I started doing that.

Actually I do that with ALOT of old games now and it helps. I can go 6+ hours without a crash now.

Try it out and let me know if it helped. jocolor
Back to top Go down
blast_beat
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:28 am

Hey, I would, but my desktop PC is only with one core! Very Happy I have to experiment with it on my laptop, since it's with two cores, but the OS is messed up and it needs to be reinstalled first... but it wouldn't matter anyway, cause I'm running it on one core right now and it still crashes one time at an hour. That's why I'm writing right now, cause the game crashed and wanted to do some stuff on the internet before running it again! lol!
Back to top Go down
blast_beat
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 7:08 am

Dude, the graphic bugs are back for some reason. Just after talking to Gary I did few minor quests in Hollywood and when I got back to Downtown they were there so here are the screen shots. Note that some of them disappear when looked at certain angle.

Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] 1-3

Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] 4-1

Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] 2-2

- This one disappears.

Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] 3-1

[EDIT] More of them appeared...

Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] Untitled

Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] Untitled1
Back to top Go down
PhilK1988
Neonate
Neonate
PhilK1988

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:24 am

1. Zer0, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the Tremere bloodform power. I had the same problem how you maybe still remember: using Fortitude made the Blood Guardian invulnerable. As soon as you deactivate Fortitude he's vulnerable again. Playing as a Toreador/without Fortitude active, the Blood Guardian is vulnerable from the beginning on. So if it is really an active bloodform it should be activated independently from Fortitude, shouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:27 pm

PhilK1988 wrote:
1. Zer0, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the Tremere bloodform power. I had the same problem how you maybe still remember: using Fortitude made the Blood Guardian invulnerable. As soon as you deactivate Fortitude he's vulnerable again. Playing as a Toreador/without Fortitude active, the Blood Guardian is vulnerable from the beginning on. So if it is really an active bloodform it should be activated independently from Fortitude, shouldn't it?

Ya, I just fought the Bloodguardian as a Gangrel with and without Fortitude and everything ran perfect. I can't seem to replicate this error.

Those are similiar crazy pictures you took man, I've never seen anything close to that before. You mentioned your OS is messed up? Maybe you could try format/reinstall, I'm not sure what to tell you about that graphical glitch other than nobody else has reported this issue.

I'm at a loss for words on that one, but I will keep my eyes open to see if I can replicate it.
Back to top Go down
blast_beat
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 pm

Hey man, after continuing the game today from the same save point (the graphic bugs), they seem to be gone now, so I can't seem to notice any pattern here and it's maybe from my computer I dunno. The OS on my laptop is messed up, this one is fine. Anyway, I think I figured out why my game crashes and I think it's cause I've overclocked my CPU and maybe it gets unstable from this, just got it back to normal and I'm ready to play it tonight and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 2:30 am

blast_beat wrote:
Hey man, after continuing the game today from the same save point (the graphic bugs), they seem to be gone now, so I can't seem to notice any pattern here and it's maybe from my computer I dunno. The OS on my laptop is messed up, this one is fine. Anyway, I think I figured out why my game crashes and I think it's cause I've overclocked my CPU and maybe it gets unstable from this, just got it back to normal and I'm ready to play it tonight and see what happens.

Awesome! If you find anything out let me know so I can tell others of how you fixed your issue.
Back to top Go down
blast_beat
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:12 am

Ok.

Turns out that all the random crushing was from my CPU being overclocked. Now everything is fine!

Just to note that this IS NOT related to the "Graph" thing we talked about above! I'd still be stuck even if my CPU wasn't overclocked if I didn't remove the Graph files.

Other thing I saw is that, when I defeat the Gargoyle and report to Issac, I still got the "Report to Issac" in the quest log instead of it being marked as finished quest. Since I don't check my Quest Log, I found out that latter in the game!
Back to top Go down
blast_beat
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Guess what, the quest "bug" is gone today! scratch geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Man o Man you got some silliness going on bro.

Glad you reported back about the graphical error, so it was an overclocked CPU, go figure right? LOL

Ya I knew as soon as you said something it was the graph thing, that had to do with outdated graph files.

The quest thing... lol weird... your PC is possessed lol.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:19 pm

Those are some very STRANGE graphical shots above...never seen anything like that in my game / games, with or without 1.1. I know it's simplistic and all of that, but are you using MOBO graphics, or a dedicated vid card? Also...how long since you've done a driver update? Probably not your issue, just throwing that out for thought.

EDIT: Just saw about your OC CPU Very Happy Nevermind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]   Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Few minor and a major (possibly) bugs. [UPDATED]
Page 1 of 1