Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TFN's Club Music Contest

Go down 
+11
Feral
Celsius
Claudia
Maxus Corvin
PGM1961
FallenRaven
Childe of Malkav
Eliza
Jad.3
ThePhilosopher
Zer0Morph
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

TFN's Club Music Contest Empty
PostSubject: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:14 pm

TCI Members,

As The Final Nights prepares for the final beta and it's public debut, I wanted to reach out once again for community assistance. Childe of Malkav and myself have written a script that allows for 3 different songs to be chosen for each club, spun on rotation. The first song that plays upon entering any club will be setup on a round robin system so that you never hear the same song upon entering, twice in a row. If you stick around in the club long enough, all 3 songs will play in rotation as well and will be a constant loop.

This opens up the opportunity for ALOT more music selection for TFN, and this is where we need your help. I have a few songs of my own that I would like to consider putting in TFN but I am no "Expert" on what would be considered good taste in the World of Darkness. So, we would like your help in bringing in new music that you feel would enhance the atmosphere for each of these clubs, within the WoD setting.

Here's the Rules for submitting your requests...

1) The following are the clubs you can select your songs for.
Santa Monica - The Asylum
Downtown - Confession
Downtown - The Last Round
Hollywood - Asp Hole
Hollywood - Vesuvius
Chinatown - Glaze

2) You may enter up to 2 songs per club.
3) The songs you submit must be no shorter than 2 1/2 minutes and no longer than 6 1/2 minutes.
4) You must include the Name of the Song, the Artist it's by, and the Album it comes from.
5) Each song submitted must be of a professional quality, no local or homegrown studio stuff.
6) All submissions must be posted in this thread or they will not be listened too.

Note: If any of your songs are chosen then they will be featured in the end credits of the game.

We will be allowing submissions up until the time of TFN's public release, though we will be choosing songs as they come in so I wouldn't wait too long if you want your selections considered.

Goodluck!

Last edited by Zer0Morph on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:58 pm

I'll be submitting my delicious ideas.
And yeah, i selected the songs that both meet the atmosphere of the place and of the game.
And just so you don't get confused, I organized like this:

Band - Song (Album) link

Front Line Assembly - Predator (The Covenant Soundtrack) link
Shaman Harvest - Broken Dreams (no album) link

Downtown - Confession
Rammstein - Reise Reise (Reise, Reise) link
Lacuna Coil - Heaven's a Lie (Comalies) link

Lacuna Coil - I like it (Shallow Life) link
Epica - Last Crusade (Consign to Oblivion) link

Hollywood - Asp Hole
Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt (Mutter) link
Chester Bennington - System (Queen of the Damned Soundtrack) link <- quite frankly this music is uberly awesome so if there's one spot open, you could put it as the ending credits song instead

Hollywood - Vesuvius
Evanescence - Going Under (Fallen) link
Linkin Park - What I've Done (Minutes to Midnight) link

Chinatown - Glaze
Jay Gordon - Slept so long (Queen of the damned soundtrack) link
Finger Eleven - Slow Chemical (no album) link

Cound someone tell me the software required to download audio from youtube videos?

Last edited by ThePhilosopher on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:14 pm

I REALLY liked how you organized those, I hope everyone does it this way!

Thanks for submitting some good songs, I'll begin listening soon!
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:24 am

I've completed the Vesuvius and Glaze with a new song for each.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Cool, thanks.

I'm really digging that Front Line Assembly song you posted for Asylum. Let's get some more entries in here!
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:47 am

The Asylum
Tool - The Grudge (Lateralus)

Confesion
Emily Autumn - Dead is the New Alive Remix (Saw IV OST)
- Suits me better for Venus than Jeanette, despite Autumns outlook.

Last Round
Sepultura - Refuse/Resist (Refuse/Resist / Chaos A.D.)
- Really, is there a better song for the Last Round? Smile
Korn - Y'All Wanna Single (Take a Look in the Mirror)

Asp Hole
Queens of the Stone Age - A Song for the Dead (Songs for the Deaf)
- Dunno.

Glaze
The Gazette - Hyena (Stacked Rubish)
- Although they're Japanese...

Last edited by Jad.3 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 am

Now, would it be hard to make the dancers dance slower? To better suit Philosophers choices Razz

Now lets take that elder down!

You see, your choices seem generally very slow to me.
The Asylum - won't comment.
Confesion - I totally disagree. Don't suit Venus. More of a fighting woman.
Last Round - LC seems a good choice. Epica sucketh. The idea of Damsel mimicking gothic, dark ages is quite funny Smile
Asp Hole - Dunno 'bout Rammstein. Chester seems fine... and I don't want to miss Swamped, so lets keep it there Wink
Vesuvius - Good choice of bands, though I may choose different songs.
Glaze - Are these the songs you'd like to pump your blood during a gunfight? Not bad songs, not appropriate either. Which reminds me...
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:46 am

Same principle as ThePhilosopher: Band - Song (Album) [Comments]
Just without links, or do I have to include them?

The Birthday Massacre - Blue (Violet)
[Just for the creepiness of it.]
Blind Guardian - Another Stranger Me (A Twist In The Myth)
[Might be a bit too obvious, though?]
Seeed - Ding (Next!)
[Okay, this is more of a joke. But watch this video with a translation of the lyrics and you'll know what I mean. xD]
E Nomine - Angst (Finsternis)
[I guess this song kind of loses his point if you don't understand the lyrics, but what the hell, I post it anyway.]
Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party (Dead Man's Party)
[Just for the hell of it, again. And for the lulz. xD]

Downtown - Confession
Within Temptation - Aquarius (The Silent Force)
Acid Bath - Paegan Love Song (Paegan Terrorism Tactics)
Kidneythieves - Before I'm Dead (Zerospace)

Metallica - King Nothing (Load)
[Seriously. Doesn't this fit LaCroix like a fist fits the eye, as we say in Germany? What better to make fun of him - and to foreshadow his end - than this?]
Metallica - Holier Than Thou (/)
[The album doesn't really have a name - it's called 'Metallica' or the 'Black Album'. Again, I just love how it fits.]
Papa Roach - Dead Cell (Infest)
Metallica - Don't Tread On Me (/)
[Again, the 'Black Album', or whatever it's called. Again, because the lyrics just fit. In my opinion.]

Hollywood - Asp Hole
Saliva - After Me (Every Six Seconds)
[Yeeees, they are after Ash! Hehe.]
E Nomine - Schwarze Sonne (Die Prophezeihung (Spezial Edition))
Apocalyptica - I Don't Care (I Don't Care - Single)
Placebo - The Bitter End (Once More With Feeling)

Chinatown - Glaze
Agent Provocateur - Red Tape (Underworld Soundtrack)

Last edited by Eliza on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added some more songs)
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Now, would it be hard to make the dancers dance slower? To better suit Philosophers choices Razz

Now lets take that elder down!

You see, your choices seem generally very slow to me.
The Asylum - won't comment.
Confesion - I totally disagree. Don't suit Venus. More of a fighting woman.
Last Round - LC seems a good choice. Epica sucketh. The idea of Damsel mimicking gothic, dark ages is quite funny Smile
Asp Hole - Dunno 'bout Rammstein. Chester seems fine... and I don't want to miss Swamped, so lets keep it there Wink
Vesuvius - Good choice of bands, though I may choose different songs.
Glaze - Are these the songs you'd like to pump your blood during a gunfight? Not bad songs, not appropriate either. Which reminds me...

Now my answer to you!
First, if you haven't noticed, the vanilla music in clubs are pretty much slow. The game is pretty much melancolic, at times.

Now to each club
Confession -
The chicks in cages and overall gothic atmosphere fits Rammstein pretty well. Also, doesn't Heaven is a Lie fits the "fighting woman" plus all the "you got to confess" stuff?

Last Round -
Ya, i thought epica was, of all the music that i chose, the less fitting one. But since Zero is going to chose each song individually, not the "whole package", i just left it there.

Asp Hole -
I personally think Mein Herz Brennt fits with the dillema Ash is facing. And Chester fits any vampire work Razz

Vesuvius -
Thanks

Glaze -
Well, to be honest, i couldn't find a music that fitted "Vampire goth punk game and chinese club" at the same time, so i just went "Well, since i'mma gonna kill half of the world population in that club, i want a fighting music"
And i didn't wanna go with any japanese/ korean songs, cuz it's Chinatown, or worse, go with an anime music.

Also, when i put slow music, you complain, but when i put hard fighting music, you complain too? Razz
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:27 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:

Confession -
The chicks in cages and overall gothic atmosphere fits Rammstein pretty well. Also, doesn't Heaven is a Lie fits the "fighting woman" plus all the "you got to confess" stuff.
Quote:
"the song is about a priest who fell in love with a witch...
they had made a pact...when the witch broke the pact it left the priest under a terrible damning oath...
if you actually listen he is begging her to keep her side of the pact thereby releasing him from his oath..."
I rest my confession.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Also, when i put slow music, you complain, but when i put hard fighting music, you complain too? Razz
You mean Jay Gordon and Finger Eleven (correct me)? Hard, yes. Fighting, nope. It must boil your blood, like Pretender...

Anyway, I don't mean to flame or whatever (mostly... Smile ). Now, what did Elize wrote there..?
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:40 am

Jad.3 wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:

Confession -
The chicks in cages and overall gothic atmosphere fits Rammstein pretty well. Also, doesn't Heaven is a Lie fits the "fighting woman" plus all the "you got to confess" stuff.
Quote:
"the song is about a priest who fell in love with a witch...
they had made a pact...when the witch broke the pact it left the priest under a terrible damning oath...
if you actually listen he is begging her to keep her side of the pact thereby releasing him from his oath..."
I rest my confession.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
You mean Jay Gordon and Finger Eleven (correct me)? Hard, yes. Fighting, nope. It must boil your blood, like Pretender...

Anyway, I don't mean to flame or whatever (mostly... Smile ). Now, what did Elize wrote there..?

Yeh, i know the background of the music. It doesn't mean a music must have a background of a fighting woman trying to keep her club to be one that fits Confession, right?

Well, apparently we have different opinions on what a fightinig music is. Since we're not all equals, i'm okay with that. Let zero chose the one he finds most interesting :]
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:24 pm

I appreciate the new selections of music from Eliza and Jad, I was getting worried there that I wasn't going to have enough good music to put into TFN. Trust me, you don't want me choosing all the music, LOL.

So far I've listened to every song that Philosopher has posted, and out of all of them I found 2 that I'm 100% sure need to be in TFN, they fit SOOOO well. With the exception of a few songs that I chose about 9 months ago to be in TFN, the rest I'm strictly picking from what you guys give me, so the more music I have to chose from, the better. Since Eliza and Jad posted more I'm excited to listen to those later today.

Honestly I thought there would've been more feedback being that I figured EVERYONE would have an opinion for the music. Because I'm not getting the bombardment of songs I figured I would, feel free to add a few more if you feel those also could be a nice addition to TFN. I only limited it to 2 songs per club per member because I figured I would get an influx of entries... I'm sad we haven't.

Oh well, thanks to you 3 I still have some good material to work with. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:34 pm

WOW Guys! A few of the songs you two (Jad and Eliza) posted were perfect for TFN!!! OMG!!

That Birthday Massacre song is just sick, it MUST be used in the Asylum. PEEEEERRRRRFECT!!!
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Okay.... I've stocked up on the songs list, I just couldn't resist putting in some titles merely for fun. Don't be mad at me, okay? I really couldn't resist the temptation. And, man, my list is long now... good thing not every song will end up in the game.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Edited. I tried not to post all my favourite songs... so I just posted my choice for the Asylum.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Loved the updates guys, more good material to work with! How do I not know these amazing gothic/metal/synthrock bands? This is why I needed help from you Europeans, you guys have all the weird awesome shit on your side of the pond.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

What's weird?
TFN's Club Music Contest Fuckin10
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 2:13 pm

Weird? LMAO

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 4:55 pm

You forgot your capslock on... it was very weird...
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:46 pm

The Asylum
Theory of a dead man-Bad girlfriend(scars & souverniers)
The 69 eyes-Dead girls are easy(Back in blood)

Confession
My chemical romance-SING(Danger days:the true lives of the incredible killjoys)
Renegade five-Darkest age(Undergrounded universe)

The last round
Rise against-Worth dying for(The sufferer & the Witness)
Blowsight-Over the surface(Destinatio terrorville)

Asp hole
Stone Sour-ZZYXZ Rd.(Come what [ever] may)
10 Years-Wasteland(The autumn effect)

Glaze
Burn halo-Anejo(Burn halo)
Megadeth-A tout le monde(Youthanasia)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Thanks Fallen Raven, I'll listen later tonight! Smile
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Ain't My Chemical Romance an emo band? lol
also, stelios, what the fuck are you hallucinating about.
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:28 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Ain't My Chemical Romance an emo band? lol
also, stelios, what the fuck are you hallucinating about.
lol i read like 25 comments on youtube about that
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 am

So... I guess no Justin Bieber in Confession then? lol I can see Venus' face now.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:17 am

No Justin or Emo? That's it, I'm not playing!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TFN's Club Music Contest   TFN's Club Music Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

TFN's Club Music Contest
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next