Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suggestions for club music

Go down 
+13
srle
ThePhilosopher
z.o.o.
Maximus1
Mr_Flax
Childe of Munster
Celsius
YamiRaziel
Zer0Morph
Claudia
ArchonJonus
8people
Childe of Malkav
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Suggestions for club music Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:01 pm

CE1.4 will give you the opportunity to select one of four different songs in each of the clubs (not Glaze of course, as the only important instrument that gets played there is the Ingram).
So I need suggestions, and if at all possible mp3 files, to fill the empty slots. Feel free to post any suggestions here, as long as there are no copyright troubles.

- geek

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:57 pm

The only non-copyriight issues will be default or free music :p

Will we be able to choose the default music for the clubs?
Back to top Go down
ArchonJonus
Neonate
Neonate
ArchonJonus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 8:19 pm

I would hope that you would have the music that was supplied from the original game of VTM, and the ones included in the releases of CE 1.2, 1.3, etc.

My suggestion for new stuff would be some of the music (or maybe all of it, scattered throughout) from the Music from the Succubus Club soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
http://archonjonus.net
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:57 am

I was about to suggest the exact same thing that Archon did. I have the CD "Music from the Succubus Club" somewhere, but... it's a late 90's techno CD. A couple of songs are particulary good ; I'm thinking the Tremere, the Malkavian and the Ventrue song, however, most of the songs are just... bad. The Assamite and Brujah are just wrong, the Toreador one was picked at random, and because a video is worth a thousand images, and an image a thousand words, This is the Ravnos song
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:07 am

I can't wait to see this implemented, what a fun idea!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:46 am

I was planning on having the vanilla music as the first choice, and the CE music as second. And it is set up in a way that everybody who knows what a texteditor and an mp3 file is, can put in their choice music.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ArchonJonus
Neonate
Neonate
ArchonJonus

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:59 am

The Ravnos song, from The Crüxshadows, is probably my favorite. That group puts out some very nice, theme-based, music that might fit well in this VTM environment.

Also: if needed, I have all the songs from Music From the Succubus Club in .mp3 format.
Back to top Go down
http://archonjonus.net
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Default music should definitely! Even though I like the CE songs, my most favourite moment of the game is when I meet Jeanette for the first time in the Asulym club while listening to Isolated by Chiasm Suggestions for club music Drool
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey folks, been some time since I posted anything here. Perhaps because I already played the hell out of Bloodlines and lost interest in playing it, even with all the work the modding team is putting into it. I dropped because I found a band that has a pretty fitting style for Bloodlines, it's called Velvet Acid Christ. Check out their songs:

Lust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLC8e-lO7AI

or

Blood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAmkH2YwCWo&feature=related

Cheers
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:05 am

As long as nothing like that is set as a default anywhere...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:53 pm

No specific suggestions, just how about something other than (pseudo)punk/heavy metal/techno? Not everyone is a goth (wannabe or otherwise), you know.
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
No specific suggestions, just how about something other than (pseudo)punk/heavy metal/techno? Not everyone is a goth (wannabe or otherwise), you know.

Do I demand these to be put in? I simply dug out something that IMO fits to the game. I don't get the hostility.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Celsius wrote:
Childe of Munster wrote:

Do I demand these to be put in? I simply dug out something that IMO fits to the game. I don't get the hostility.
I wasn't replying to you specifically, so I'm not sure where you got any hostility. Heck, I didn't even go to your links, so I have no idea what they link to.

If you like metal/punk/techno, OK. I don't (very much). It's a statement regarding personal aesthetics, not a moral judgment. Same for the statement about goths. Goths, as a group, are fine with me.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:54 pm

And if it was aimed at me your links triggered my epilepsy tongue
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:47 pm

So we should be able to tie our own mp3s into the game? That's awesome. Is there any chance some learned computer-type person could put up a little "how-to" guide when they get a spare moment? I've a hankering to go to Asylum and dance to the Sesame Street theme tune...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Certainly there will be a howto for music changes in the manual. I won't leave your frickin' cheese hanging in the wind. Cool

- geek
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I won't leave your frickin' cheese hanging in the wind

I have no idea what you just said
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:54 pm

That's what happened to Mitnick. On one hand, he has to build the new network. On the other hand, he can't leave the warrens right now.

But I don't intend to implement a feature to change the music yourself, without telling you how to do it. No

- geek
Back to top Go down
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:23 am

Oh, yes! I just reached the Nos warrens with my current playthrough. D'oh.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:50 pm

I really like the Asylum music, but starting at 3:10 (after the "I'm gonna take you on a roller coaster" part). I'd like the chance to select that for Asylum music without having to listen to the first 3:09 first.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:25 pm

The 2nd song is God Module, thats the band, the first song was done by Lunatic Calm.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 pm

With 1.4, you will have them separate and can ask the DJ to play either of them (If Zer0 remembers to send me the files Cool )

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
With 1.4, you will have them separate and can ask the DJ to play either of them (If Zer0 remembers to send me the files Cool )

- geek

I just sent you God Module's song and the Arthur animations Mr. Patience... santa
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:20 am

The only thing that has bothered me for a LONG time concerning the club music ( and I know real clubs are like this ), is that the music is too loud. It's so loud, that, for instance, in the Asp Hole while trying to listen to Ash, you can't really make out what he is saying. Troika didn't make it so you could independently adjust certain sounds ( music, dialog, etc ) for better hearing. Is there anyway this can be adjusted by you Malkav, so that the music doesn't override the dialog quite so heavily, like maybe a 10% drop in the music volume or some such thing?

I'm not talking about an "elevator music" type experience, as music in clubs is supposed to be LOUD, but it sure makes it difficult to discern everything certain NPC's are saying at times. If this is something hard coded, or something that is not easily manipulated then just forget the whole idea.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:40 am

Hmm, I think the music has a 'range' on it, so perhaps in certain clubs see if that range can just be narrowed down so it doesn't affect talkies in the other areas of the club.

Again, might be a universal global or hardcoded so...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions for club music   Suggestions for club music Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions for club music
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next