Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Final Nights Download Center

Go down 
+37
Bloodstone
DAFFYDAFFY
joemarra052075
wallabert
Karavolos
blast_beat
Dragatus
aneumann01
Pietroschek
Nachtrae
ThePhilosopher
The_Killer
YamiRaziel
UncleCruncle
dioxanne
faerirose
iamnuff
AmunTakaRe
MoreGun89
Eliza
Deukalion
Malikai
Incarnatos
Maxus Corvin
z.o.o.
Feral
safo
Tuishimi
Childe of Malkav
Velvet
Nosferatu's Childe
PhilK1988
Claudia
vampiregamefan
jimbobion
Divine Shadow
Zer0Morph
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I'm glad you guys are liking the new histories. I restricted it to stat shufflers for now because the ones that alter stats really change the strategy for the character on a bigger scale. I wanted to spend more time carefully planning those out because they can easily make a character overpowered.

I have a long weekend planned w/ TFN 1.1 as well, I can't wait to play it! I created a Baali a few nights ago w/ the "Abused Alter Boy" history and so far he totally rocks! Can't wait to infilitrate Strauss's chantry while i'm at it!

I changed over too Baali too for the extra quest but his history was clean so I had a default start. The histories really make a difference huh?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:52 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
I changed over too Baali too for the extra quest but his history was clean so I had a default start. The histories really make a difference huh?

Kind've, at least at the beginning of the game. Ultimately they won't make or break your character, but will serve to help your character follow a more particular path, let's say. I like the histories because I don't like making up my own past, it's more fun to have the game help me decide who I am and where I come from.

What I ususally do when I make a new character is this. I decide what type of character I want to play, let's take a saavy businessman with a knack for being persuasive. So I decide a Setite is the best clan for that, and I decide I want to specialize in Presence as my main discipline. So naturally I want a high Haggle and Persuasion so I want a 2 starting in Social and 3 starting in Knowledges. If the default Setite is equipped w/ that then I won't choose a history, but if he's not then I'll choose the best history that allows me to start out with that character. And now my past is already kind've made up for me, so it's up to me to fill in the missing pieces.

So for me, the histories are important.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:

Kind've, at least at the beginning of the game. Ultimately they won't make or break your character, but will serve to help your character follow a more particular path, let's say. I like the histories because I don't like making up my own past, it's more fun to have the game help me decide who I am and where I come from.

What I ususally do when I make a new character is this. I decide what type of character I want to play, let's take a saavy businessman with a knack for being persuasive. So I decide a Setite is the best clan for that, and I decide I want to specialize in Presence as my main discipline. So naturally I want a high Haggle and Persuasion so I want a 2 starting in Social and 3 starting in Knowledges. If the default Setite is equipped w/ that then I won't choose a history, but if he's not then I'll choose the best history that allows me to start out with that character. And now my past is already kind've made up for me, so it's up to me to fill in the missing pieces.

So for me, the histories are important.

Well let me know if you run into the same trouble with Hannah's Apartment as I am. No matter how I play my steps to discover Paul's body on the floor, playing her message doesn't get me to the sixth floor to investigate her relationship to Paul. Every button in the elevator will work except 6
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:59 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
Well let me know if you run into the same trouble with Hannah's Apartment as I am. No matter how I play my steps to discover Paul's body on the floor, playing her message doesn't get me to the sixth floor to investigate her relationship to Paul. Every button in the elevator will work except 6

I would move this to the Bugs section so everyone can see. Maybe someone else has had this issue too, but I'll be sure to check it out if I make it to her apt tonight.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:

I would move this to the Bugs section so everyone can see. Maybe someone else has had this issue too, but I'll be sure to check it out if I make it to her apt tonight.

will do right now. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:50 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I'm glad you guys are liking the new histories. I restricted it to stat shufflers for now because the ones that alter stats really change the strategy for the character on a bigger scale. I wanted to spend more time carefully planning those out because they can easily make a character overpowered.

Histories other than stat shufflers are very hard to balance simply because players can pick one that gives a bonus to a feat or discipline that they'll be using and a penalty to a feat or discipline that they won't be using much. And then even if the penalty is technically bigger than the bonus it becomes effectively insignificant.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Little to do with it unless we have Merits and Flaws system in place. Which is not terribly likey to happen. *sighs*
Back to top Go down
blast_beat
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Started playing TFN few days ago and got trough half the game with clan Set... I wanna ask if I will miss some of the new features in 1.1 if I continue the story, or do I have to reset it to see everything? Smile Great mod by the way!!!
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:46 pm

You will miss a few things like the Jimmy Reed quests and the likes, but nothing overly important.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Actually you can always go back and do the Jimmy Quest any time. Just go talk to trip about finding informational materials. You can also do Silvia's if you have a Masquerade Violation of 1 and complete the Gimble Quest.
Back to top Go down
wallabert
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: TFN 1.1   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Thank you again for another chance to enjoy my favorite game, and truly thank you for everything Team Camarilla has done.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:43 am

Welcome on the forum, youngblood! We hope you do stick around and enjoy our company.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Actually you can always go back and do the Jimmy Quest any time. Just go talk to trip about finding informational materials. You can also do Silvia's if you have a Masquerade Violation of 1 and complete the Gimble Quest.

IF you have 1.1, otherwise not so much.
Back to top Go down
faerirose
Fledgling
Fledgling
faerirose

PostSubject: Say what!   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:00 pm

I really need to visit here more often. I didn't even know there was a 1.1 in the works until, on a whim, I decided to see if there was anything new. Jackpot!
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 4:41 pm

Downloading now...btw the Patches Scrolls link in the opening is broken...it says the file no longer exists.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:33 am

You're right. Thanks for the info. I just changed the links to the new patches srolls site. So it should run properly now.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
joemarra052075
Methuselah
Methuselah
joemarra052075

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:11 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
You're right. Thanks for the info. I just changed the links to the new patches srolls site. So it should run properly now.

-geek 
No problem...glad I could help
Back to top Go down
DAFFYDAFFY
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Similar gameplay?   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm downloading final nights atmo.
Is the gameplay in Final nights the same as the original game?
I have seen some mods that change gameplay in some games to make it much faster like counterstrike or something.
They are usually made by young people ,who have fast reflexes and itchy trigger fingers:)

Can i use wesps or true gold update patches?
I have wesps and true gold patches stored on dvd from a long tome ago.
Is it compatible with other mods?

P.S...I haven't played VTMB for long time,so i hope u don't mind the questions.
The Final nights mod looks very interesting and I'm looking forward to checking it out.thanks.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 3:14 pm

DAFFYDAFFY wrote:

I have wesps and true gold patches stored on dvd from a long tome ago.
Is it compatible with other mods?

For the UP and the Gold Patches, Do not install those before or after TFN. TFN already includes a version of the UP(although not the most recent).

For other mods, it depends on what you mean. Most of the other mods(like CQM, CE, etc) are just like TFN, you only want to install ONE on a single installation. If the mod just edits the textures for areas, characters, then most likely there won't be any problems(save for if TFN includes a skin texture for a character already).
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Back to top Go down
DAFFYDAFFY
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:33 pm

[quote="Maxus Corvin"][quote="DAFFYDAFFY"]

Thanks marcus, your answer has been really helpful.
I used to mod VTMB alot ,a couple of years back,but it's been a while,so thanks again for info.
Back to top Go down
DAFFYDAFFY
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:52 pm

I see you've mentioned wesp's patch.
I remember there was a true gold patch (i think that was the name).
I think it was supposed to stay true to the original game,as opposed to the wesp patch ,which some people said made too many changes that strayed a bit from the original.

I hope i've explained what i mean clearly,as it was quite a while ago since i was using/playing VTMB,or
looked in on vtmb forums.

Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Perhaps the UP does go a bit further than just bug fixing, but most of what it adds is content that Trokia never were able to implement in the game(found in the game's files, i.e some of the clans having specific hand textures in first person). Some of the more recent changes might not exactly be that, but I haven't really seen those changes in game, so I couldn't say.

However, to use either of the patches(or one of the mods), one would need to do so a fresh install of the game. If you want to use TFN, CE, or CQM, then the neither of the patches are needed(as all of them include a version of the Unofficial patch). So once you install the vanilla game, all that is required is to install TFN.
Back to top Go down
DAFFYDAFFY
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: The Final Nights Download Center    The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm installing VTMB and Final Nights atmo,so thanks for very useful info.
Actually i think I'll play the vanilla game first ,to remind me how great it is,then
install The Final Nights.

P.S..What do u think about a mod called BloodlinesResurgence.?
I've never tried it ,but was curious as to what u think about it.
Is it a quality mod or not?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Final Nights Download Center   The Final Nights Download Center - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Resurgence is just for multiplayer, and it's still in alpha test only. Read about it on Planet-vampire.
Back to top Go down

The Final Nights Download Center
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next