Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Table top game using Bloodlines for setting

Go down 
+12
PGM1961
Karavolos
Duncan.Oliver
Feral
Meowolf
Dragatus
atronac
eye of the divine
Childe of Malkav
ThePhilosopher
Claudia
Voraxith
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Philosopher: Sorry if I came across wrong, it was just weird is all.

Claudia: I checked DriveThruRPG, it's available as a softcover for $12.99 -- it's just not distributed to retailers. Neither is V20. Damn, I hate ordering crap online.

About my game, which began tonight -- went okay. Basically just character creation. Picked up a fourth player, so this should be fun. Every Wednesday night around 4pm-ish my time (Mountain Time).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:53 am

Mountain time? So in the valley, they live in a different time zone?
You Americans really are weird. Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Keep us posted, I'm curious how it will go.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Mountain time? So in the valley, they live in a different time zone?
You Americans really are weird. Laughing

- geek

lol! lol! lol!

Stop making me laugh so hard in the library, dammit! People look at me weird enough as is.

As for the game, the players have mostly finished their characters. Here's what they chose: Toreador (Presence focused), Toreador (Celerity focused), Gangrel (Protean focused), and Caitiff (Potence focused). Kind of an odd mix: two pretty boys (actually, one's a girl, but she's playing a male character -- she even asked if she could have a 10 foot pole; that's 3.0481 meters for you Euro types out there), an Outlander (yay!), and a clanless waste of vitae- er, I mean, uh, a poor soul who shall be haunted by the lack of knowledge of from whence they came. I actually find it kind of interesting that Toreador was so popular: in a lot of my other games, NO ONE ever chose Torrie; in fact, most everyone usually picked Brujah or Gangrel. I guess gaming in prison and gaming in the real world is a whole 'nother animal. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't want to fall victim to stereotypes, but "prison" and "Brujah" seem to fit fairly well together.

If the girl asked for a 10 foot pole she must be a D&D veteran.
Back to top Go down
Meowolf
Elder
Elder
Meowolf

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Why > 10 foot < pole?
Back to top Go down
http://vk.com/id140084046
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Dragatus wrote:
I don't want to fall victim to stereotypes, but "prison" and "Brujah" seem to fit fairly well together.

But not prison and Gangrel... Laughing

EDIT: I meant the general Clan's stereotype, of course. Sorry, Voraxith. It took me a day and a half to get my own double meaning. Sometimes I'm just plain brain dead.

Last edited by Feral on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Meowolf wrote:
Why > 10 foot < pole?

Quote :
Dungeons & Dragons veterans will often remember taking ten-foot-long poles with them, just in case they ran into a trap where the switch is ten feet away. Mean-spirited DMs would, of course, make the switch eleven feet away, which would lead to players pointing out that their arm added an extra foot. So the next switch would be twelve feet away, naturally.

It's the first example of the tabletop games category.
Back to top Go down
atronac
Neonate
Neonate
atronac

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:15 pm

I wanna play a table top wod game!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:26 pm

@Dragatus,
Nope, if the game master is really mean spirited, the next switch will still be reachable by the pole. But of course it won't disarm the trap in front of the characters... *BIG EVIL DUNGEON MASTER GRIN*

But why would a D&D veteran want to play a Torrie? If we talk stereotypes, I'd say Brujah or tremere, depending on the vavorite D&D character type, warrior or mage...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Dragatus wrote:
You have no fucking clue, man...

Dragatus wrote:
lol! That's what they were playing when I met them, 4th ed. They said they were kinda getting tired of good ole sword-and-sorcery games and wanted a change, so I introduce them to the World of Darkness. She had a 10' pole in her character's inventory, with a parenthetical "wink wink" right next to it.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Much easier to find two 8-foot Austrians than 10-foot Pole. Wink

atronac wrote:

You and me both bud.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Claudia wrote:
Make them play pre-bloodlines, with Grout being all .. malkie about stuff.

Make them know the primogen Wink

Quote :
It's been speculated by most game boards that the mysterious e-mails from "A friend" are actually sent by Alistair Grout, the supposedly dead Malkavian Primogen. While the player finds a staked skeleton in his mansion, It's shown in game that vampires just turn to dust when they die. It also explains why Ming Xiao/Nines is so distraught when she leaves. The E-mails are also sent by somebody who has to have some form of precognition, something that connecting to the Malkavian Madness Network grants you. Not to mention that the audio logs he leaves are placed convienently where the player may find them, and since they have such damning evidence, he must've known they'd have been destroyed in the fire. Finally, the wording in the E-mails are mostly chess references, which rule out Jack, while his mansion has a checkerboard tiling. And think of it, how difficult would it be to just string up a skeleton, sprinkle some dust over it, and hide out with some other Malkavian that owes him?

So that adds a new and interesting twist to the whole "who sent the emails?" arguement. And here I always just thought it was the cabbie/Caine.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Duncan.Oliver wrote:

atronac wrote:

You and me both bud.

You and me three buds
Back to top Go down
atronac
Neonate
Neonate
atronac

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:04 pm

Duncan.Oliver you devil you, I knew that was David Boreanaz Razz , and now with the new profile pic its undoubtedly clear. Bravo dear friend bravo.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:59 am

atronac wrote:
Duncan.Oliver you devil you, I knew that was David Boreanaz Razz , and now with the new profile pic its undoubtedly clear. Bravo dear friend bravo.. cheers

Actually that was my idea. And I was like "your character makes me think of the agent in bones !" and then "isn't that the same actor as angel ?"
Fuck that.

It's true that the emails being from grout is plausible. But he wouldn't have left his wife...
I still think its the cabbie manipulating everything.

And soon I'm playing Requiem soon !
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:37 am

Hm, I always had doubts about the skeleton actually being Grout. But you're right about him not leaving his wife. At least not if he had foreseen the fire. But even if he hadn't, he'd probably expect a fullscale assault organized by LaCroix.
If that really is his wife, and not some ruse to make any attacker or assassin believe he must still be here, because he'd never leave his wife behind.

As another idea about the email-sending friend. May be one of the Nossies. They should know exactly what is going on, and a decent hacker or programmer probably knows enough about chess to use those references, rather than computer related ones.

And I still don't see a reason, why the "friend" can't be Jack. That scheming, plotting Bastard is obviously intelligent enough to use chess references and computers. And if it doesn't fit the facade of a trouble-making Brujah rabble rouser he likes to show, that is even better...

As for the cabby. That's one of the few people I never thought about as the email sender.

I believe, this has been discussed somewhere else already. But it could even be Rosa, the tin blood from the beach. She talks about the player as the pawn, and the winner keeping his hand on the pawn. No matter of the outcome, the winner is Jack: LaCroix ends up dead, and LA in chaos...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Meowolf
Elder
Elder
Meowolf

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:47 am

Hmm... Nossies are good with computers, and they do love searching for information about what's happening. They are kinda bored with their existence anyway. But the big bad Nossie prefers to play big shows, not every fledgling out there, boss? Cool
Cabbie doesn't seem to leave his cab. And they don't have mobile phones capable of using Internet and hacking, so...
Well, the thing is - only Jack and Cabbie knew about all the fuss going on, on the one side, and only Malkavians could foresee what's coming - on the other side.
As we can see from story, nobody else knows the full story, and the most powerful Malkavian is killed in the process, so he can't send other emails.
Judging from these things, I suspect Jack, cuz he loves to make a plan, and then sit back with a cigar and watch its moving. Cabbie isn't so interested in simple things, imho.
Back to top Go down
http://vk.com/id140084046
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Claudia wrote:
atronac wrote:

Actually that was my idea. And I was like "your character makes me think of the agent in bones !" and then "isn't that the same actor as angel ?"
Fuck that.

The biggest reason I chose Boreanaz as my avatar (for Claudia's game) is that it's easy to find pics of DB, and then fuzz them up so they're not as recognizable. Hard to find pics of random dudes in both suit and casual gear. I didn't want some pretty boy, because Duncan isn't that good looking. More rugged, less pretty.

(Hardest part is finding pics that aren't in sunlight, LOL)
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:15 pm

At first I thought Duncan's old pic was of Jason Morgan from General Hospital. Then I took a closer look at it and saw Angel; you know, the guy that should have been diablerized by Spike aeons ago -- sorry, don't watch Bones.

Anywho, I thought that bit about Grout was interesting. I read it on the unofficial White Wolf Wiki while I was looking up some background for my table top game. Yes, that's right kids; I was researching Grout for my game. MWAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:17 pm

STFU and connect to msn, dude !!
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Sorry, I'm Gangrel Gargoyle and thus am denied access to the Malkavian Madness Network.

Last edited by Voraxith on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clan fixed. :P)
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:30 pm

*throws a cookie to the Ravnos*

Too bad for you !
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:16 pm

*catches the cookie in midair and happily runs away*
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:28 pm

Silly dog, gonna get fat from so many cookies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Table top game using Bloodlines for setting
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next