Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Philadeos
Ancillae
Ancillae

Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed Empty
PostSubject: Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed   Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:10 pm

If you are under the effects of Obfuscate when you begin the animated sequence, Andrei will not be able to initiate dialogue as he can not see you. To make matters worse, you are immobilized during this and can't escape. Even F8 does not work as a work-around once the sequence is broken.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed   Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 am

Philadeos wrote:
If you are under the effects of Obfuscate when you begin the animated sequence, Andrei will not be able to initiate dialogue as he can not see you. To make matters worse, you are immobilized during this and can't escape. Even F8 does not work as a work-around once the sequence is broken.
I've just copied the whole library level from the patch, with only very minor changes. Seems none of Wesps beta testers has tried to enter obfuscated. I think the only way of dealing with it is to auto-shutoff off all disciplines when the cutscene starts.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Philadeos
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed   Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:22 am

Yes, the only work-around is turning off disciplines. I am surprised that no-one used obfuscate in that area during Wesp's tests, but it's a brand-new area, so it's still pretty untested I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed   Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:50 pm

It seems something else has caused your problem, though I don't know what. I have tried with obfuscate 3 and 5. No problem for me.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Philadeos
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed   Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:53 pm

So weird, I redid that sequence at least 5 times and it worked every time I cancelled Obfuscate and did not work every time I was using Obfuscate. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I am playing a Ventrue and would not normally have access to Obfuscate? (doesn't auto-cancel it?)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed   Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 pm

That might be the case. I have tested with a malk. Which level did you have?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Philadeos
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed   Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:33 pm

Level 5 (VERY spendy, but worth it!)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed   Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:39 am

Sorry, no idea what happened to you. I have tested with a Ventrue with added obfuscate 5, and no problems. I think I'll put the end disciplines into the script as a failsafe and consider it fixed.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed   Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed Empty

Back to top Go down

Downtown - Library - Final Showdown and Obfuscate --fixed
Page 1 of 1