Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disciplines Do not activate!

Go down 
+6
jrc_burgess
TheInvoker
Claudia
Aluka
Childe of Malkav
Bloodhound
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodhound
Fledgling
Fledgling

Disciplines Do not activate! Empty
PostSubject: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi I'm new around this forum and after searching tirelessly around the interwebz for no solutions I've decided to come here and see if anyone can help me.

My problem is that everytime I play VTMB with the camarilla edition I cannot activate any disciplines whatsoever. I checked hotkeys and know about the "K" setup key but that only changes to the discipline, not activating it. I am 100% positive I installed correctly. I followed the instructions to the letter: 1. Uninstall VTMB, delete all files associated that is left behind just incase. 2. Reinstall [I have it on steam so after deleting local files AND deleting the folder and everything in it, reinstalld] 3. Run the game once. 4. Uncheck auto update and steam ingame 5. Use the CE final exe to install into my location which is under steamapps\common\vampire-the masq. bloodlines.

I open my game and everything else is perfectly functional. Character creation is fine, all models fine, used respatch to make it fit monitor successfully, go through the tutorial and each and everytime [Done this three times now on fresh installs] I get to the part where I have to auspex or use thamatergy[Tremere] to subdue my enemies and I cannot activate it. I've tried changing the hotkey in options to Mouse2 and several different others to no avail. It seems no matter what I do I cannot activate my abilities. The only success I've had was using the select discipline key to bring up a menu and scroll through and activate it but this is EXTREMELY clunky and almost unplayable imo. Any help that could be given would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Edit: Found a thread here that is similar. Have to reinstall VTMB again due to problems and will try that solution. If it works I'll delete thread.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:26 pm

The hotkeys are used for selecting only, not for activating. Same as the mousewheel. So you assign a hotkey to your important weapons and discipline levels, use the hotkey to select, and activate in the usual way with the mousebuttons. If youi haven't changed your keysttings in the options menue, or directly in config.cfg, mouse left should be used for attack with the active weapon and mouse right for activating the selected discipline.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Bloodhound
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Got it working, thanks
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:12 am

Hello
I seem to have the same problem. As far as I can tell I installed both the game and the mod correctly, character creation works just fine, but then in the tutorial the only way to activate a discipline is via the Select Discipline menu. I tried assigning several different keys to Use Discipline - nothing happens at all. The problem is _not selecting a discipline via hotkeys or mouse wheel, I just cannot _activate the chosen discipline.
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:24 am

Feeling kind of stupid now - I tried the entire morning and just after posting this I found a solution. The problem simply seemed to be that I even tried to assign keys -.- By default disciplines are activated using the right mouse button. This works just fine IF you don't try to set keys (even if it's the right mouse button...) in the Options menu yourself.
So the keyboard assignment for Use Discipline in the Options menu is blank by default but the right mouse button works. Using other keys doesn't. Is it supposed to be this way?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:33 am

I don't think you can assign "right click" to another key to activate disciplines. Hotkeys only allow you to "select" the disciplines like the mousewheel, but then you still need to trigger the discipline Smile

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Seems you're right. Setting use discipline in the options menue doesn't work. If you want to bind the activating to another key, you can do it manually in -bloodlines\vampire\cfg\config.cfg. It's a simple text file, editable with notepad. The following example binds discipline use to the middle mouse button, because I use mouse right for feeding.
Code:
bind "MOUSE3" "vdiscipline_last"

- geek
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Thank you very much, Childe of Malkav, that's exactly what I've been looking for Smile
I suppose I just remove the original line?
Code:
bind "MOUSE2" "vdiscipline_last"
Or, well, replace MOUSE2 with MOUSE3 (or whatever key I want to use). I prefer my disciplines on the middle mouse button, too, and right click to Use / interact with objects. Thanks again.

EDIT:
I'm afraid I have to keep bugging you. Unfortunately, even though I changed the config.cfg (which now says "MOUSE3"), disciplines still only activate if I use the right mouse button.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:45 am

Hm, funny. Has always worked for me. First recheck the syntax if you accidentally have slipped a blank or quote mark.
If that's not the problem, try binding something else to mouse3, so you can see if it might be a problem with your mousedriver. And make sure nothing is bound to mouse3 in autoexec.cfg.

- geek
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:10 pm

i notice this think right now too.....i started a new game with Final edition (i was using 1.5 without problems) and i have this issue....

i think i'll uninstall and install TFN then,but this bug should be corrected
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 3:00 pm

The autoexec.cfg only binds the Shift and Alt keys as far as I can see.

Syntax check: since I just replaced the numbers 2 and 3 I don't think any big mistakes are likely ;P I checked nonetheless, looks good to me.
So I tried a couple more things:
Set Jump to MOUSE3 ingame - works.
Set Crouch to MOUSE3 in the config.cfg ("+duck") - doesn't work.
Set CTRL to Use Discipline in the config.cfg ("vdiscipline_last") - doesn't work.

To summarise: I can change the config.cfg all I want, the game doesn't give a damn Question Sounds unlikely? Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

EDIT: BTW, I got used to it pretty fast and have already finished the game by now ^^ I'd still like a solution for this problem to be found, though.
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 3:55 pm

i went back to 1.6 and all is OK now.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:01 am

I can only think of one reason for the game not accepting changes in config.cfg: Your windows creates the comfig and save files somewhere in your user account, and does not use the ones in the game directory.

If this is the case, there is a simple workaround. Install the vanilla game, make a copy of everything in some other directory, and install your mod there.

Hope this helps
- geek
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:43 am

You're right, that was just it. I found the directory and changed the config.cfg there, now it works exactly the way I want it to. Thanks a lot.
(And now that you told me... and after thinking about it very hard... I even remember cleaning out this very directory manually after previous installations of the game... Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
jrc_burgess
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:35 am

I still can't fix this. I change the config and then start the game and have the same problem. I close it and look at the config file and it's changed back to the messed up version. It's really annoying as I was SO looking forward to playing the Final edition Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 2:58 pm

jrc_burgess wrote:
I still can't fix this. I change the config and then start the game and have the same problem. I close it and look at the config file and it's changed back to the messed up version. It's really annoying as I was SO looking forward to playing the Final edition Crying or Very sad

FE is not so much different from 1.6
http://forum.dlh.net/thread.php?threadid=37816

i'm curious about the last point "chances to learn a new discpline"
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:54 am

@Aluka, good to see I could help you.

@jrc_burgess, do you use the Steam version? Then you have to turn off Steam Community and Auto Update for bloodlines.
Look for details in Wesps readme (vtmb-up-readme) in the bloodlines base directory for the patch and CE.

- geek
Back to top Go down
jrc_burgess
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:44 am

@Childe
No I don't use the steam version. I have the basic CDs which I install, copy a few times then install the mods I want into different copies. I've always done this and had no problems up until now.
I have 4 versions at the moment Camarilla, Final Nights, Clan quest and basic (with the 1.2 patch) and I'm only having trouble with the one.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Weird, I found nothing in autoexec.cfg that might reset config.cfg to default. Have you checked the properties for config.cfg? Maybe for some reason the readonly flag is set.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Cocyte
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Same problem here. Fresh Install (retail version) + Camarilla final edition. I have begun a new game and I can't activate any discipline.

I can change any key binding (ingame or via config.csg), everything work but the discipline activation. Tried to manualy bind keys to "vdiscipline_last", same problem. I noticed that the default config.csg didnt had a binding to any "discipline activation", so i made one ingame. The game added this line to config.csg : bind "MOUSE4" "UP_Discipline", but i still cant activate any disciplines.

I noticed this alias in autoexec.cfg : alias UP_Discipline "DisciplineCheck()", tried comment it out, no improvment.

Being out of ideas, i try my luck here.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

EDIT : after more tests I can say that :
- everything works properly with version 1.6.
- The discipline activation works with final edition just after installation but are broken by the first change of key binging related to the use of disciplines. In the game options, no key binding is shown for "use discipline" (but the disciplines works with the right mouse button). Any change in the key binding of "use discipline" create a link to "UP_Discipline" in config.csg instead of "vdiscipline_last" and the disciplines are broken, even if a return to default values is applied. It seems that binding manually a key to "vdiscipline_last" put the disciplines back in order (but still no key binding in the game option in front of "use discipline" in this case), but it's too late here to test this properly.
Back to top Go down
Apotheosis.Denied
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:45 am

My apologies for resurrecting the thread, this happened to me when I installed The Final Nights and drove me mad lol. I finally found this and will be able to continue my little adventure. Twisted Evil

I'm not surprised if some newcomers to The Final Nights + Camarilla Edition are also experiencing this problem, especially with the new updates as of late.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 6:44 am

Not if they'd read the readmes or the loading tips ingame.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Apotheosis.Denied wrote:
My apologies for resurrecting the thread, this happened to me when I installed The Final Nights and drove me mad lol. I finally found this and will be able to continue my little adventure.  Twisted Evil

Nobody has ever reported not being able to activate disciplines in TFN before, that I know of. I guess I'm confused what the issue is, even after reading this entire thread.

So you guys select the discipline and it shows up at the bottom right hud, then you press activate and nothing happens? I'm confused as this has never happened to me or anyone else that I know of. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Apotheosis.Denied wrote:
My apologies for resurrecting the thread, this happened to me when I installed The Final Nights and drove me mad lol. I finally found this and will be able to continue my little adventure.  Twisted Evil

Nobody has ever reported not being able to activate disciplines in TFN before, that I know of. I guess I'm confused what the issue is, even after reading this entire thread.

So you guys select the discipline and it shows up at the bottom right hud, then you press activate and nothing happens? I'm confused as this has never happened to me or anyone else that I know of. scratch

I have a vague memory of that happening in the original game before 1.2 I don't even remember if it happened to me or I heard of it... So many years...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines Do not activate!   Disciplines Do not activate! Empty

Back to top Go down

Disciplines Do not activate!
Page 1 of 1