Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Obeah

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Obeah   Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:49 pm

How much can it be used in dialogues?? only to heal people?

and please explain me the first 2 levels because they don't seem to be useful at all. Frenzy check?? i just need to keep humanity high and it's very easy
Aura? Salubri already has Auspex
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Obeah can be used to heal people for extra XP and the ability to quickly solve quests. I believe there are 5 instances in the game where you can do this.

The first 2 levels of Obeah come with descriptions with what they do, read those to get a better idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Obeah can be used to heal people for extra XP and the ability to quickly solve quests. I believe there are 5 instances in the game where you can do this.

The first 2 levels of Obeah come with descriptions with what they do, read those to get a better idea.

Aura of living...is better the one that Auspex gives. you can see through walls
I don't like the last level (+3 melee and unarmed) because i prefer Auspex and ranged combat but i understand that this can creat a different way to play with Salubri. Like Auspex gives attack and defense (a bit less of both but adds regeneration).
The aura thing is different,i just do don't know when i can and should use it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:16 pm

To be honest with you, level 1 and 2 of Obeah and underpowered compared to the rest of the discipline set. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do much with Obeah because it's a reworked version of Protean which has that crazy screen filter effect that is hardcoded into the game. My hands were tied on what I could and couldn't do with Obeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:07 am

mmm ok maybe you could buff something else...like xp reward healing people (it gives just 1 XP extra) but it's not a great problem

Frenzy Check is not that bad because it happens that you are low on blood and it's useful,but
1-it should be available even when having 0 blood (no cost...i don't remember if it has already no cost)
2-Obeah shouldn't break the masquerade in safe areas so i can resist to frenzy while searching someone to drink and retore my blood. But i can't do it if pedestrians run away an hunters appear

Just a suggestion. Not a big issue however and since i know you are not going to make changes anymore..i'll take it how it is now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Level 1 Obeah is mostly useful in combat situations where you're low on health, it will prevent you from frenzying. I didn't design it to be useful in the streets near pedestrians.

As far as the experience goes, you get 1 extra XP per healing during dialogue which totals to 5 extra XP that no other clan can get. I could've made it 2 but I thought that would be OP and unfair to the other clans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Level 1 Obeah is mostly useful in combat situations where you're low on health, it will prevent you from frenzying. I didn't design it to be useful in the streets near pedestrians.

As far as the experience goes, you get 1 extra XP per healing during dialogue which totals to 5 extra XP that no other clan can get. I could've made it 2 but I thought that would be OP and unfair to the other clans.

5?
mmmm

Mercurio
Tin Bill
Heather

who else?maybe i did but i don't remember.

i couldn't heal hanna at akyline apartments
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 26
Location : Ancona, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:19 pm

TheInvoker wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Level 1 Obeah is mostly useful in combat situations where you're low on health, it will prevent you from frenzying. I didn't design it to be useful in the streets near pedestrians.

As far as the experience goes, you get 1 extra XP per healing during dialogue which totals to 5 extra XP that no other clan can get. I could've made it 2 but I thought that would be OP and unfair to the other clans.

5?
mmmm

Mercurio
Tin Bill
Heather

who else?maybe i did but i don't remember.

i couldn't heal hanna at akyline apartments
Hannah if you choose the right dialogue and Heather instead of ghouling her
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:29 pm

heather i said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 309
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 26
Location : Ancona, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:21 am

TheInvoker wrote:
heather i said
Yes, sorry. So who's the 5th? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder


Posts : 121
Join date : 2012-01-02
Age : 38
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Mon May 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Ash can be healed but if i'm not wrong you can heal him with blood packs too,so i don't know if it's him...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Mon May 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Ash is one of them, yes.

Heather, Tin Can Bill, Mercurio, Hannah, and Ash... are the 5 you can heal and get XP for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Obeah   Today at 6:13 am

Back to top Go down
 
Obeah
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Obeah
» Discipline: Obeah
» Healing Mercurio
» This is bullshit
» Creative uses for Disciplines?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: