Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 1:30 pm

I expect it'll most likely be fine.

https://hangouts.google.com/hangouts/_/7l6hs7y2kjhzpaochkv5rp5qr4y?authuser=0&hl=en

Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 2:02 pm

The video call ended because of an error.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Stop using Firefox.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
The video call ended because of an error.

Go to Chrome, Mozilla doesn't cut it.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Or if you're feeling masochistic you can try Internet Explorer.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Are you there, Jad?
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 pm

My connection failed. Will try to get in, but am not optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 7:17 am

So I actually found out more about the game from the survey than from the actual game. I didn't finish reading the rules after all Rolling Eyes
I found out I can spend composure to cancel out 1s on hunger dice Laughing Is there a way to regain composure? Having to play out two 1s on hunger roll feels very shabby. Losing a turn in combat is fatal (I recall some 6 aggro dmg being dealt), we were plain lucky not to roll it while fighting. With the number of turns we lost, our composure pool would drain very quickly.
That I realised after the survey, I only told them what we already spoke about (touchstones, Potence). I managed to be civil this time Very Happy Thanks for the game lads, it was fun.

You have a dirty mind, Feral.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 7:59 am

Thank you as well, it was fun! Draggy is a good ST, despite shitty connection. I hope his car survived the hail.

Yeah, I basically wrote about the same. I left hydrant hurling and emo stake carving, only to call all the police, firefighters and ambulances to the scene out. As well as threesomes, sis. lol!

Was it any shock for you, really...? I was recently advised to machine wash my mind by one of my labmates. Cool
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 pm

The highlight of the evening was the fight Jad started in which he went from a healthy 1 superficial to 1 superifical + 6 aggravated damage in one go. Meanwhile Feral wanted to be helpful so he looked for a stake. 4 successes required to find a stake, 3 successes to find something that can be turned into a stake. He got 2 so he succeeded at the cost of taking superficial damage. On the next turn he tried to turn the wood into a stake using Craft, but rolled one success to less so he again succeeded at the cost of taking superficial damage. Then when his stake was ready he ran out ... and decided to use his gun and call 911. The stake never saw any use. Very Happy

Speaking of the 911 call, that was fun too.

Zion: *calls 911*
Operator: "This is 911 emergency center. What is your emergency?"
Zion: *shoots a ghoul, gunshot clearly audible over the phone* "There is a gunfight going on!"
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Well, after Sydney's exploits it was clear that going into melee was to be accompanied by loud "Allahu akbar!". And suicidal... As a distraction was needed, shooting the ghoul made sense.

Hey, on the flipside, we didn't eat Kenny!
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 5:56 pm

And you still have a stake in your back pocket. Might come in handy if the prince ever finds out where you are. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Indeed, brother... But I would prefer greeting him from afar. But to see his eyes. Large caliber sniper rifle sounds like a compromise.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 3:06 am

About Kenny, the survey asked if we gave him to Modius, Juggler, killed him or ran to Chicago. We did good!
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 3:12 am

Yes, you did good. It's just a pity we didn't have a third player using Padre. That would've opened the option to interact with the True Faith 5 vampire hunter who wants to switch places with Kenny to get to Modius.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 3:22 am

AHA! I meant to ask about his holiness.
Then Modius would definitely bite the dust.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 3:26 am

You actually saw him. That was the singing man with the bell and an illegible sign that you saw after leaving the scene of the drug deal. It's a good thing you did not try to at him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 4:22 am

Dragatus wrote:
You actually saw him. That was the singing man with the bell and an illegible sign that you saw after leaving the scene of the drug deal. It's a good thing you did not try to at him. Very Happy

I have a feeling our adventure would have gotten cut short in that case...

Yeah, it would have been really interesting to arrange his meeting with Modius. One Cammie less...

EDIT: We need to encourage Kara to play another one...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Could have been so simple...

Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 Sparkly_vampires
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 6:15 pm

The thing that gets me is that two have been broken off already.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 6:37 pm

Oh no! Edward!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 6:42 am

I have a problem that can be only resolved by trial by combat.
I propose we (I) make two characters similar in every way, Brujah and Gangrel, and pit them against each other. I want to see their chances, Celerity and Potence against Fortitude and Protean, point by point.

Yes, those six aggravated damage still haunt my nightmares...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 7:35 am

I am up for it. Now we only need an ST...

I think that Celerity and Potence wins 10/10 though. I am all for experimenting, of course.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 9:42 am

It definitely doesn't.

The problem with the test is, it would have to be repeated many times to rule out chance.
The problem with the Brujah is they can't dodge and strike. Damage mitigation and damage inflicting, at the same turn. Celerity gives you an advantage when dealing with multiple equal opponents, but mano-a-mano Gangrel would cut him in half. He would halve the damage, soak it, and deal aggro. In two or three turns it's done.
Celerity becomes a non-combat discipline, Potence plainly sucks and the Brujah have become toothless sjw's. E3 ftw.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 5:07 pm

You gave me food for thought...

I would have to reread the Disciplines to avoid mixing with previous versions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha   Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha
Page 8 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next