Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to change main menu music?

Go down 
+3
aqui
Maxus Corvin
srle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
srle
Ancillae
Ancillae
srle

How to change main menu music? Empty
PostSubject: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:22 pm

I found a song that i would like to listen in menu/character screen instead of the one used in CE 1.4.Any ideas how to make a change in files?

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Just find the "vampire_theme" file within vampire/sound/music/, and rename your chosen music file to match. Backup the original(just add a 1 or something, i.e vampire_theme1), and then drop the mp3 you want into the music folder.
Back to top Go down
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae
aqui

PostSubject: Re: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:57 am

Keep in mind that the mp3 should be no more than 256 kbps. You might also want to remove any non-sound data the file has for it can cause unstable behaviour/crashes.
Back to top Go down
srle
Ancillae
Ancillae
srle

PostSubject: Re: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks Maxus, I did all as you suggested and it worked. Very Happy

@aqui:I used mp3 that has 450 kbps and I didn't notice anything strange.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 3:33 pm

srle wrote:
@aqui:I used mp3 that has 450 kbps and I didn't notice anything strange.

That's probably because the menue and the character screen don't use a lot of engine resources. For ingame music I had some reports of game crashes with mp3s >256 kbps.

- geek
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:
Just find the "vampire_theme" file within vampire/sound/music/, and rename your chosen music file to match. Backup the original(just add a 1 or something, i.e vampire_theme1), and then drop the mp3 you want into the music folder.
You can use this technique to change any of the music in the game.

Personally, I love "When the Levee Breaks" for the Ocean House, "A Whiter Shade of Pale" for the main screen, "Zombie Jamboree (Rockapella version) for the Romero quest, "After Midnight" (pick your version) for Santa Monica, "She Caught the Katy" for Downtown.  I think I use a Ramones song for the battle track sometimes.

Other than that I pretty much leave the game music along. I've thought of doing "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" for the Giovanni Mansion, not sure if that really fit or not.

Pro tip: Don't play, record, or otherwise let Windows Media Player anywhere near the sound files you are going to use. For some reason that program loves to add crap to the files which screws things up in the game.

Speaking of music, Malkav - is there any way you can make the game store the time position of the 'Deb' chats? The files are actually pretty long, but I get so sick of Vigo and his damn yachts every time I open a door. Anyway I don't think I've ever listened to them all the way through. Maybe something for your new mod?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:04 pm

mouser9169 wrote:

Speaking of music, Malkav - is there any way you can make the game store the time position of the 'Deb' chats? The files are actually pretty long, but I get so sick of Vigo and his damn yachts every time I open a door. Anyway I don't think I've ever listened to them all the way through. Maybe something for your new mod?
And that is a wonderful idea!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Feral wrote:
mouser9169 wrote:

And that is a wonderful idea!
I don't think I can store the time, but I can probably cut them up and change more frequently.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 8:44 pm

is there any information on how the game handles loops? as I would love to get some buffy songs to replace the OST, including the Score tracks for battle tracks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to change main menu music?   How to change main menu music? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to change main menu music?
Page 1 of 1