Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

(Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control Empty
PostSubject: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:13 pm

(Repost)
Feral wrote:
My share of Santa Monica bugs.

Balli character has been playied, male, no histories.

Bugs so far encountered include:

1. During the intro, noticable delay of animation to speech was observed, especially regarding LaCroix lips animations and movement. This effect wes not constant throughout the whole intro.
2. Font used for Intimidation in conversation with the male citizen waiting for towtruck outside of Mercurio's apartment was obserwed. Font was red, but regular, instead of red capitals. Use and actions of the forementioned conversation were nonetheless correct and effective, apompting aquisition of money, fancy watch and dissatisfied citizen.
3. After reaching Humanity of 8 a spiral of Humanity losses has ocurred, leading to Humanity 0, nonetheless further play was possible in spite of the character falling to the Beast. Aquisiton of Humanity 8 has happend after providing Mercurio with morphine. It was also observed that entering the building cuts the spiral of Humanity losses during following test plays. Nonetheless situation has happened again after further Humanity gain in conversation with certain Thinn-Blood named Copper, who was explained that vampirism is in fact incurable and inreversible. Occurance of Humaniti falling to 0 with no apparent reason hinders the game considerably, although further play is possible.

Last edited by Zer0Morph on Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 pm

1. I never noticed the lip animations off for LaCroix in the intro, but I have definately noticed the lip animations being off for Romero in the graveyard... big time. This IS a fixable issue but will take alot of time to re-synch all of these lines... something that would be on the back burner considering it's a very minor bug.

2. Some of the special dialogue texts were changed to accomodate Serpentis in dialogue. Intimidation was one of those and still uses the same font as vanilla, but was changed to Red instead of Green.

3. This is the post that I'm most concerned about. I've never had issues with Humanity spiraling out of control. The only issues I've had was getting my Humanity down to 0 and not seeing the "Death" cutscene right away. It did eventually kill once I frenzied and drained them though.

I need you to explain in much detail as to what exactly happened because I'm confused by this post.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 am

I was really nice to a lot of people, practically everyone my Balli met. The moment I met Copper my Humanity went above Balli max. So it dropped. Ok. But after like 30 seconds it dropped again. And again, and again, in regular intervals. And it ended at 0, not triggering Sheriff's beheading scene. Zoning out of a map seemed to breake this death spiral script, but when you are in a dialouge and, God forbid, gain humanity, it's impossible to zone out and avoid Humanity losses. I described it in Santa Monica thread. Wassail is fun Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:49 pm

Ahhh Ok, I totally understand what you're saying now, thanks for clearing that up. I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:24 pm

If I would've known how much time I was going to have to spend fixing this issue I would've told you not to report it, LOL just kidding.

Ok here's what happened, when I put the cap on the Baali's Humanity to 7, that basically told the engine not to surpass that limit even though technically the game allows up to 10. Well in dialogue when you would gain an extra Humanity point, it would effectively bump your Baali up to 8. Well the game says 7 is the max and it didn't know what to do so it would take you up to 10, which is the normal maximum. Well the script says anything more than 7 needs to come down, and 10 is more than 7, so it would continue taking you down every 15 seconds until you lost the game, unless you zoned which would recalculate the script. During the recalculation is when the game would realize you are under 8, so it wouldn't take anymore Humanity until you surpassed 7 again.

What does this all mean? Well, in short the script was horribly broken so I trashed it. To make this feature 100% stable, I had to create it the HARD WAY. I went through every tiny piece of dialogue and every python file, making an exception to Baali only that if doing something would increase your Humanity above 7, to not apply the bonus to Baali only. It was a complete pain in the ass to do and I wouldn't want to do it again, but now that it's done and working at 100% every time, I'm real happy with it.

So yes, this issue is fixed, and now it's impossible for your Baali to ever go above 7 Humanity, whether through dialogue, manually purchasing it with EXP, or through a python function. Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:27 am

If I knew it would be digging in dlg files I wouldn't have reported it! Sorry! Laughing Oh well, hope it wasn't that bad...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 pm

No, No, I'm REALLY glad you did report it, it was a huge issue, game breaking for Baali, and now that it's fixed I'm REALLY liking how it all works, it's perfect now, thanks to your report!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:14 am

Thanks for fixing it. BTW, you got me, apologising tongue in cheek in my previous post, right? But seriously, your dedication is really admireble. To dig through every bit of dialouge... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 am

HAHA, I'm an idiot... I'll admit it, I didn't get it until you said something, lol. Thanks for the compliment on the dedication. I think the time spent fixing it will well be worth it. The Baali are just too cool (and sinister) for a bug like that. cherry
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:48 pm

is it possible to make the script you used first to refresh it self after it removed a humanity point(like: check if humanity=>7 remove one point, go back to the start) like a loop that ends when you have 7 humanity points? or will a script like that make the game slower?
just wondering, only know a little .bat file "programing"
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Well the script itself doesn't loop, a 15 second timer built into every map does. The timer we wrote into all of the maps fires off the script every 15 seconds and for some reason (I'm still not sure why), the game wasn't recognizing that the player only had 7 Humanity, it still thought the player had 8+ until you zoned into a different map.

Either way, this time consuming fix is already created and implemented into every dialogue file that gives the opportunity to gain Humanity. It's stable, doesn't rely on a script, and takes 0 effort on the part of your computer to run. This is the way I wanted to implement it in the first place, but didn't want to take the time necessary to do it, and well, the game forced me too, lol. But as far as I'm concerned, it's done right now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control   (Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control Empty

Back to top Go down

(Fixed) Humanity spiraling out of control
Page 1 of 1