Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feeding and Humanity

Go down 
+3
8people
Sio
Zer0Morph
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Feeding and Humanity Empty
PostSubject: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:37 pm

I had a question that I wanted to run by you guys to see if you liked the idea first off, and if you did, should this be implemented for version 1.0 or wait until 1.1?

After reading some of the core rulebook I was looking at the different states of mind a vampire has according to their current Humanity rating. To make a long story short, a vampire with a Humanity of 10 is basically a saint. In fact they are so saintly that they have trouble even feeding on human beings, let alone killing one. Right now there are major frenzy penalties for vampires who slip into darkness, but there really aren’t any penalties for having a high Humanity.

So, I was thinking how cool would it be if the game checked every time the player feeds on a human, and if the player’s Humanity rating is 9 or 10, it would drop by 1. This would make having a Humanity of 9 or 10 very tough, in fact the player would need to start drinking from blood bags most of the time. Now remember, Humanity only costs 2 XP in TFN so raising it back up wouldn’t break the XP bank but it would entice players who want to play a “Saintly” style vamp, especially a Salubri player, to drink from bags instead of Kine.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 pm

I vaguely remember reading that the Salubri in this game couldn't feed on humans, even if they had been seduced;
would this carry over to all other vampires if their humanities were at a saintly level, or would gaining blood through seduction (being a nonviolent mean of feeding) count differently for the non-Salubri?
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Humanity ten means they find it unbearable causing harm for their own sustenance - could you make it so they can only drain a proportion of the bar at a time? Say, take two points then they automatically stop (without killing the victim obviously) if they feed off the same person repeatedly until they do die make the humanity drop to a fixed number (6? It shouldn't be easy to maintain a high humanity if nothing else.)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:39 pm

Sio wrote:
I vaguely remember reading that the Salubri in this game couldn't feed on humans, even if they had been seduced;
would this carry over to all other vampires if their humanities were at a saintly level, or would gaining blood through seduction (being a nonviolent mean of feeding) count differently for the non-Salubri?

As it stands now, Salubri in TFN CAN feed on humans just like normal Kindred, they just lose the 1st point of any blood taken whether seduced, mezzed, or otherwise.

8people wrote:
Humanity ten means they find it unbearable causing harm for their own sustenance - could you make it so they can only drain a proportion of the bar at a time? Say, take two points then they automatically stop (without killing the victim obviously) if they feed off the same person repeatedly until they do die make the humanity drop to a fixed number (6? It shouldn't be easy to maintain a high humanity if nothing else.)

Sorry no I wouldn't know how to program so that they stop after 2 points drained. I didn't want to complicate or over think this process, I just wanted it to be harder to maintain a 9 and 10 humanity rating and I figured this is the most practical (from a coding standpoint) way to go about it.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:12 pm

I do like your idea of maintaining a relation between a high humanity and an inhibition of taking blood from the precious living.

The incentive to not drink live blood to maintain perfect or nigh perfect humanity... I like the challenge it may present in-game, and how that may force you to think ethically, and unlike a typical vampire while playing, instead of attaining and getting to keep a perfectly high humanity and only having to select the obvious 'goody-two-shoes' interactions to continue to maintain that goodness. geek

I say you should implement it. Make it a fight to be good against a predatory nature.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:21 pm

I don't really see any use to it, and i think anything that make the release date further away should not be considered only if mega important. I have no problem with adding it up later, but right now, let's leave it as it is.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:27 pm

I really like the idea and I think you should implement it if it is not a big trouble Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 5:09 am

Why not, except when seducing the blooddolls maybe..

I've a problem with blood bags, because of our pal the ghoul of the blood bank. A high humanity character should become sick to his mind when he learns about that...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 9:27 am

YamiRaziel wrote:
I really like the idea and I think you should implement it if it is not a big trouble Smile

The time it would take to implement would be close to an entire weekend. So basically, it would delay TFN by 1 week. Do you guys think that is still worth it, or save it for 1.1 and stay on task with reskinning/modeling the Baali models?
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:37 pm

I vote for leaving it to 1.1
There's no reason to keep the people waiting for something so minor.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:53 pm

This post here kind've goes into this post over here. I changed the permissions so people can respond.

https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t659-countdown-to-public-release
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 6:22 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I vote for leaving it to 1.1
There's no reason to keep the people waiting for something so minor.

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeding and Humanity   Feeding and Humanity Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeding and Humanity
Page 1 of 1