Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Le Grand Théâtre

Go down 
+13
Bloodywolf
Karavolos
ThePhilosopher
Kogamitsu
Nachtrae
Nicholas Masterson
Raekel
Sio
8people
Duncan.Oliver
z.o.o.
Eliza
simison
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Kogamitsu
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kogamitsu

Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:58 am

Now, with the record amount of agitation on her face (which, to be fair, still isn't that much), corner of Elisabeth's left eye twitches. Her motorcycle boot throws a minor arc in the air, connecting sharply to Andrew's shin. The kick is deliberately held back, but powerful enough to leave a grande bruise, should they still occur on Kindred skin. Liz screams like a banshee ;
Linguistics - English:
She continues to cuss under her breath, but provided anyone within the minute hearing range has not expertise in Scottish Gaelic, her colourful opinion on her peer and his choice of hair colour, nationality, sex and appearance stays to herself.

Having undoubtedly drawn attention to herself with her tantrum, Elisabeth shivers, almost sweats, looking about.
Oh, mama, what are you all looking at...?

She draws back, only a few steps, before dropping her last f-bomb and shutting her mouth again.

Auspex 2:
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:10 am

As Elisabeth loses her temper at Andrew, and curses at him in Gaelic, Duncan raises an eyebrow and smiles. He is obviously entertained... especially when she comes to her senses, and becomes extremely self-conscious. Duncan grins as Andrew nurses his hurt shin, and the Brujah doesn't hesitate to make a comment.

And people say Brujah are the ones with the temper! Duncan chuckles, and lowers his voice.

Andrew, Elisabeth, Auspex 1:
Duncan chuckles again, but his smile is a friendly one, and it would be hard to take offense at his words.

When the door to the Prince's chamber opens once more, Duncan throws a surprised glance in that direction, and then turns back to Andrew and Elisabeth.

Well. I thought they'd be in there longer. I suppose your Regent will come to collect you soon. Before that happens, let me give you this.
He takes a couple of cards from his jacket pocket, and hands them to the two Tremere. They are blank business cards, with only a name and number written on them.
There. Feel free to call, if you want to talk in a more informal setting than this. I'll understand if you don't call, though -- I'll assume you're too busy cataloging eye of newt, or whatever it is you guys do in the chantry. Duncan winks.

You may have to leave a message; I have the silly thing turned off a lot, like right now. It's hard to lurk in the shadows like a good little vampire when your cellphone starts blaring out some pop music ringtone. Try not to text, either... I hate returning texts on that stupid keypad. Besides, my cheap plan charges too much for texting.

When Duncan finishes speaking, his body language seems a bit awkward, as if he's unsure whether to stay or move on.
Empathy 2, or Perception 4:
Auspex 2:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Laure stays attentive to what Estela says, but she doesn't speak. Claudia nods with a friendly smile when her ex-human friend as she accepts her help.
(Claudia) Tonight I won't be able to help you, actually I came in for other reasons and I saw you.. But my phone number has not changed. Give me a call tomorrow, I'll try to make some time, lots of things happening... The Tremere sighs slightly, giving a quick look around her. She sounds a bit cynic about it. You're the last drop, I just might take this all personally...
(Laure) I don't promise having much time, after all, you just lack vocabulary.. Monkey see, monkey do. She winks at Estela, after all, mimic the words the new Toreador might hear is the best way to learn.
When both notice Gregory was truly walking towards them, Claudia and Laure stand up in respect. Claudia quickly takes Estela's arm to make her stand as well, just in case. With a nod, Gregory takes a seat, Claudia sits down again, but Laure doesn't. He speaks with a certain joy and shallowness, using what he just heard as a starting conversation point.
(Gregory) Actually, the Primogen were not talking about Miss Vonigner's case, that was discussed some time ago, and it was decided that her Embrace was legal. Sneaky and rude, but legal. Yes, a lot of old bored vampires reminiscing old events...He addresses Claudia as he continues, still shallow, speaking mundane, and certainly fishing openly for information/confirmation. Your Sire certainly likes playing with our nerves. I might have thought it was a prank, but not even Primogen Kersten jokes around when talking about his own Sire. I see it's not a lie..
Claudia nods, with a certain shyness. Laure spots quick enough Elisabeth's kick on Andrew, and arrives hastily to them. Claudia and Gregory follow the Elyseum Keeper with their eyes. The Toreador Primogen shows a certain disappointment, but doesn't care much and turns back to offer a charming smile towards Estela. Claudia still watches for awhile.
(Claudia) It's true my Grand-Sire might come to visit.. She turns slightly and gets her eyes off her clanmates, to speak to Gregory. Her voice shows a certain fear, as if she wants to avoid any doubts before even the questions are asked. Primogen Darvault, this is not an excuse for him to try another political move.
(Gregory) Kersten said that too. The Toreador doesn't know for sure yet if he believes the story but he lets it slides for now. But that's not why I came to talk to you both, to begin with. Is everything alright ? He sounds a bit more serious and caring while he asks. Because he is observing Estela, Claudia does not respond yet.

Andrew had it coming, and he was expecting it. Suzanne can't help a laugh as she witnesses the scene. The Tremere soaks the kick, steps away and grimacing a little, looking as if it did hurt. He raises slightly both hands opened as a peace sign, and smiles, chuckling, and takes Duncan's card with a slight nod. Laure approaching, he speaks first in general, to odd looks given to the action, then to the Elyseum Keeper.
(Andrew) My own fault ! Please, don't scold her, it was my fault. All you worried about my health then giving me a kick like that..
(Laure) Pax Vampirica.. The Elyseum Keeper addresses Liz with a certain disapproval. Her aggressiveness is quite passive, probably because she took note of Andrew taking responsability. She barely frowned, it's a clear, but quiet warning. Violence is forbidden in Elyseum, Miss Walker, please behave.
Andrew exhales, regaining his composure, and taking on the conversation again, with a thankful smile to Laure.
(Andrew) I apologize, must be hard knowing the TV and Internet culture around... He doesn't speak Chuck Norris' name out of safety, and Laure gives him a glance, after all, to her eyes, it seems he did deserved it. He keeps his tone banal and simple. Mr. Oliver, I truly don't know about what's planned for both of us in the Chantry, Regent Kersten told us we could watch cartoons (between us, I think he was mocking us, though that seems to be normal Tremere behavior here), but I won't hesitate to give you a call... And what brought you to Bordeaux ? You told us you were living in Paris before, am I right ?

Gosuin bothers himself with a look behind the Sheriff, but Laure moved fast, so he entrusts the Toreador with the role himself had given her a few decades earlier. Lyle finally leaves his eyes from the computer, as if his attention was drawn away by something, but the incident with his apprentices isn't it. The Sheriff took the USB key out of his pocket, and put his hand opened before him. The gesture itself, and the fact that it contained an object that interests him is what picked Lyle's attention. He takes the key with no other formality, observes it a few seconds, then opens it and puts it on one of the USB ports in his computer.
(Sheriff) This is the information gathered by the agent I sent to Spain, to know about their next movements. Estela Aguilar is the messenger he sent before getting killed.
Gosuin observes Lyle move his fingers on the laptop, as if opening folders, files or else. Because he's forced to wait, Gosuin asks more details to the Sheriff, who answers with short, clear sentences, showing he already went through everything before making a short version to the Prince.
(Gosuin) What's the current situation, then ?
(Sheriff) These reports confirm my own investigations concerning possible Sabbat ties with Bordeaux' Kindred, and two, maybe three actives cells still present in the city. Xavier, Griffin, Nolveaux and myself have already tracked and destroyed two nests, with the Regent's surveillance and Doctor's information. Their information were precise enough to ask oneself about treachery or some other source of information.
The Prince nods in approval, while Lyle steps back once the computer is "Prince-ready", and Gosuin moves the laptop and its screen so he can see. His eyes moving show he is reading. Lyle finally gives the Sheriff a look, and their mute exchange probably means a lot. The Tremere steps out of Gosuin's room, letting the Prince take knowledge of the files in the USB key. The Sheriff stays in front of the desk for now, expecting probably something from the Prince, but he gives an odd look to the Regent's hairpin.
Once out, Kersten approaches Estela, Claudia and Gregory.

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:34 am

When Andrew reveals that Regent Kersten told his apprentices they could watch cartoons, Duncan raises an eyebrow and gives a look of disbelief. But as Andrew changes the subject, Duncan nods and becomes more serious.

Yes, Paris is where I lived before my Embrace, and until recently. I don't really like the politics there. Most of the Brujah are anarchs, who enjoy making things difficult for Prince Villon. Even my sire, who is to all outward appearances Camarilla, has a bit of a rebellious streak. I sometimes think he is the only Brujah in Paris who has an idea about what would happen if Villon is ever replaced. The rest just want to tear things down, without worrying about what comes after. At least, that is my impression from the ones I've met.

Speaking for myself, I'd rather fight for something, instead of merely against something, or someone. Bordeaux is in a struggle against not only the Sabbat, but against Villon's plots to end Gosuin's rule. So this city seemed to offer a chance to do something constructive with my skills, rather than merely destructive. Plus, my sire knows Theodore, so I had an introduction.
Empathy 2, Perception 4, Alertness 3:
Duncan pauses a moment and glances at the Prince's chamber, then he turns back to Andrew and Elisabeth.
If you're going to watch cartoons, I'd avoid most of the ones they're putting out now; most seem like nothing more than half-hour toy commercials. I have fond memories of some of the classics, like the old Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons, or the Pink Panther before he started talking. I liked Ulysse 31 too... my mother introduced me to that one, perhaps because it's based on Greek mythology, which she found interesting. You probably don't know that last one though... it's French, and about thirty years old.

When Lyle exit's the Prince's chamber, Duncan stops talking; but as the Regent passes his two apprentices and heads for Gregory and Claudia, Duncan seems surprised.
Hm. I thought he was about to take you two away. Well, you probably want to meet a few more people before that happens; so I'll take my leave. It was my pleasure meeting you both, and I'm sure we'll talk soon. Duncan gives a brief bow to Andrew and Elisabeth, not much more than a nod of the head but still polite.

Academics 1, streetwise 1, anyone with a history of watching TV:

Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:33 am

Miri nods, impressed with Adriano's answer, Yes, that makes sense. I can see how stopping each time you visit the area could get redundant, especially since you've been Accepted before. She speaks as if her curiosity was finally quenched, but her eyes still show wonderment in trying to comprehend the years that must have passed since the Marquis before Gosuin. She smiles to him, It is good, though, that you stopped by. She is a shameless flirt.

Her train of thought is broken with a shriek coming from somewhere in the Deambulatoire, and she turns to witness a swift kick at a young Kindred from Elisabeth. She cannot help but smirk as Laure paces quickly across the room to police the situation. As she watches, she is reminded of something and returns her attention to Adriano,
It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance this evening, M. Guicciardini. Thank you again for your kind invite and for your graciousness in answering my questions. It means much to me. She smiles pleasantly, bowing her head to him. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the next time you're in town. Maybe we can chat some more, if you aren't busy.

Miri steps away after goodbyes are exchanged. As Lyle Kersten hasn't yet approached his apprentices, she supposes her best chance to meet them would be then. It would also be a good time to check up on Duncan, who looks to be in a better mood than before. She makes her way toward them at a casual stroll, letting Raekel make up her own mind whether or not to follow and try to make introductions a second time.

She arrives just in time to hear Duncan make mention of cartoons before beginning to excuse himself from the company of the young Tremere,
...Cartoons, M. Oliver?

For a moment, she winces and acts seriously perplexed by his mode of topic, as if this is a subject well below any Kindred's station. Her incredulous expression fades with a shrug of nonchalance, I love cartoons. She smiles to Duncan, to Laure and then to each of the apprentices, Hello, I'm Miriel. She offers a small wave, figuring the Tremere are young like she is, and not the handshake type. She offers a small bow to Laure. She glances back to each present before her eyes cross the card in Andrew's hand.

She immediately looks back to Duncan in confrontation, speaking softly in betrayed shock,
I... don't get your number? She looks hurt, jilted, pretending to blink away tears. Her lip even quivers a little as she pouts at him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Duncan looks up from his abbreviated bow of farewell as Miri approaches. He smiles at the playful mockery in her voice as she says, "Cartoons, M. Oliver?" He also seems unsurprised by the admission that she loves cartoons.

The Brujah will watch without interrupting as Miri introduces herself to the two Tremere. However, as Miri turns back to Duncan with the oh-so-hurt expression and choked voice, he will roll his eyes.

Oh, please. I was about to head your direction. You've got the lip quiver down pretty well, although even I can do that. Still, I will admit it does look a little better on you. As he speaks, Duncan will draw out another card and hand it to Miri.
I was even going to give my number to Raekel. She seems... distracted, though. If not tonight, I can give her my number some other night.
Duncan will glance over to where Raekel is standing. He seems unsure as to whether she intends to join them or not.

Turning back to Miri, Duncan will ask:
So what kind of cartoons did you like? My Little Pony? The Smurfs?

After that comment, Duncan will turn to the apprentices and give a little wink, to let them know he is teasing Miri. Perhaps it's to include them in the conversation as well, in case they are feeling the urge to escape.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:21 am

Miri's tongue flicks the corner of her lips as she takes on a wry smirk when Duncan critiques her histrionic performance. She crosses her arms, grinning when he flatters her, Yes, well you've certainly done well to maintain your boyish charm. She eyes Duncan for a moment, pleased to see him in good spirits and playing along. She grasps the card he offers, lifts a corner of her shirt collar, and tucks the card away close to her heart with a wink.

Once the silliness passes, Miri glances long in Rae's direction, speaking to Duncan and no one and particular,
Hm. We were really hoping to get to speak to Suzanne, but she cleared away just as soon as we arrived. She looks back to the group, adding in a dry sort of humor, We've been having that effect all evening... She crinkles her nose slightly, permitting herself to chuckle about it.

As Duncan returns to the subject of cartoons, Miri's face immediately blanks into a humorless but attentive expression. Her eyes narrow slightly as he makes his guesses,
Ugh, fuck the Smurfs. Her grumbled response, rife with loathing, speaks volumes of some incomprehensible distaste for little blue men. She makes up for her terseness in short time with an actual answer, Thundercats, she nods, smiling again, I was too young to pay attention to the actual plot, but damn it if they weren't too awesome for me to care about what was going on. She looks to the group again, reasoning, It's the theme song, I think. Totally badass.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:47 am

Miri's comment about his boyish charm causes Duncan to grin. This fades to a wry smile as Miri talks about Suzanne walking off, and how this has happened to her and Duncan a few times this evening.

I've heard both Toreador and Brujah exchange a few jokes at each other's expense this evening, so maybe Suzanne had no reason to expect a warm greeting when two more Toreador walked up to her and Signor Guicciardini. Perhaps next time she'll be in a better mood, and give you a chance to show that you're different.

Thundercats, hm? I never watched that. Maybe I just wasn't a cat person.

Duncan turns to Laure, who is still standing nearby; possibly so she can keep an eye on Elisabeth.

Mlle. Nolveaux, do you know whether you will be turning us out soon, to fend for ourselves? Or do we need to stay until some general farewell? I confess, I'm a bit unfamiliar with this, since I wasn't exactly welcome at many of the Elysiums in Paris.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Estela is a little disappointed when both Laure and Claudia say that they are likely going to be too busy, at least tonight, to really help her out. It cleared however when her friend mentioned that her number had not changed. “Alright, I will. The moment I get to charge my cell-phone.” She grins a little as she continues, her voice light and friendly. “And I hope you’ll be ready for a lot of questions. Because I have a lot of ‘em just waiting for the right moment to be asked.” She then smiles warmly to the Elyseum Keeper to wordlessly thank her for her reassurance just when Claudia reaches over and pulls her up from her seat. Estela is visibly surprised by this and follows their gazes to the man who’d been with the Prince when she had asked for acceptance in the city and was currently moving towards them. The young vampire waits until Claudia sits down before following her example.

As Claudia speaks with the man, who she seems to respect quite a bit, Estela lets her gaze go through the room again. Just like when she had only just entered, her eyes linger on the paintings and adornments that decorate the room. However, one of the other vampire’s rather impressive tirade distracts her, and Estela turns her attention to the lady in question. She almost thought it a shame that she couldn’t understand a thing of what the woman yelled. She watches for a little longer as Laure approaches the small group and talks with them, and then turns her attention back to Claudia and the glasses wearing man just when he asks his question.
“Ah…well. Yea, I guess. Just a little overwhelmed and confused about a lot of things. I suppose it will simply take a while for everything to set in. But,” she looks at Claudia for a moment as she continues, “I have a good friend who will no doubt help pull me through.” From the corner of her eye, she noticed the long haired guy with the kitty hair pin walking towards them. Unsure of what to do, she looked at Claudia.
auspex 2:
auspex 4:
Back to top Go down
Kogamitsu
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kogamitsu

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:13 am

Elisabeth remains straight-faced, almost apathetic, as she receives her scolding from the Elysium keeper. She neither nods nor says a word to confirm she understands, and refrains from flipping the V's at the keeper as she turns her back to leave. She does, however, mutter under her breath,

Auspex 1, Linguistics - English:

She remains silent, until the conversation reaches the topic of drawn animations, ie. cartoons. A genuine, longing smile appears on her lips, she rocks back and forth off her heels and on the balls of her feet, eyes set somewhere in the infinity as she speaks. I remember when the Steamboat Willie came on... It was wild, something I could have never imagined. I remembered the song, "Turkey in the Straw", I had danced to it before in a few parties - oh, you must know the folk dance, Virginia Reel? - howbeit, to see it appear in a cartoon, it was... nostalgic.

She shakes her head to recompose herself. I'm terribly sorry, I seem to be rambling, she quickly apologizes.

Alertness 2, Empathy 2:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Adriano nods his goodbyes towards Miriel with a pleased smile, the farewells are polite and likable, at least he seemed friendly enough. He then gives a quick look and a smile towards Raekel. They go on the discussion about Toulouse, places to see and places to avoid. He doesn't name any kindred and gives only superficial "touristic" information, but he does make understand that Toulouse, unlike Bordeaux, is under Villon's cup. Himself doesn't let know if he is for Villon's authority in the city or not, but an educated guess would be that as long as he can have his hands free concerning the financial businesses he was discussing before, he doesn't seem to meddle too much in political affairs... Or even to be interested in understanding them.

Suzanne, after the chuckle and laugh to the Tremere having kicked her clanmate, goes to sit with Theodore at Scoop's table. The Brujah Primogen is discussing information exchange with the Nosferatu, who opened back his netbook (given back by the Sheriff). It seems Theodore's goal is to make sure the Nosferatu know what happened, even though he said that Doctor "didn't give a fuck". Theodore certainly feels that they should know, and he takes on to himself to give the information. As Gregory mentioned, Theodore mentions it with a very different level of language than the Toreador novelist (something about that "old naphthalene perv" who "might come in for a so-called family visit, and I'm the British King"). Theodore's attention is drawn away by the Sheriff's explanation concerning "Sabbat nests", but he doesn't seem surprised, unlike Suzanne (who looks a bit on edge) or Scoop, who took specific notes on the subject apart.

Andrew seems particularly attentive when Duncan speaks about his Sire, the Brujah and Paris, but he keeps from himself any comment or question. He does smile politely to Miri as she introduces herself, waving back.
"Andrew, and that's Elisabteh." He responds back and points to Liz. He mimics Miri's level of formality and tone of voice to be on the same field as she is, adapting so she would not feel awkward if he had responded with more formality. The Cartoon discussion does seem to interest him, but he refuses to intervene and speak his own tastes. He does seem to know what they are talking about, but a few specific shows (Thundercats, the Smurfs, the Pink Panther) have him react in a more knowledgeable way (a nod, a smile). He does give almost a spooked out look to Liz as she speaks about Steamboat, but then he just smiles as he remembers something else. He still seems a little off, but not enough to refuse a drink proposed by Celine as she passes by with her tray.

Empathy 2, Perception 3, Alertness 3:

Laure observes with a certain apprehension Miri as she approaches, keeping an eye on the Tremere she just gave a warning to. She gives a polite nod to her clan sister when she gives her a smile, but doesn't seem to care much for the idle discussion they are having on tv-series. She does offer an amused smile to Duncan when he addresses her concerning protocol.
(Laure) Not welcome in Paris' Elysiums, Monsieur Oliver ? I can't see why... A shame, really. Madame, please. She doesn't seem surprised nor shocked to Duncan's statement, but she acknowledges and respects his behavior during the night. She doesn't seem anyway bitter concerning Paris' Elysiums and it is probable, with how she looks and behaves, that she did spend some time in Paris' Elysiums herself. She adds a slight movement to her words to correct her title, to draw the Brujah's attention on the very beautiful but sober wedding ring she has on its proper finger. Kindred come and leave as they please in Elysium, however, here in the Theatre the customs are that no Kindred should stay when the Prince and the Senechal both have left. Usually, Prince Gosuin leaves about three hours before sunrise.. He should leave shortly. There are no general farewells, as most of us contact each other easily enough, either by going to their domains, using the telephone or contacting common acquaintances.

Gregory offers a slight smile when he hears Estela is fine and he gives a look to Claudia when she says they are friends. Claudia nods to confirm, although she is more discrete about it. She does seem ready to the bunch of questions Estela will ask her.
(Gregory) It does take a while to adjust, eventually it will settle down and everything will be fine. Even if Claudia has never Embraced, she has some useful experience and is smart enough. I am sure she will.
The end of the phrase, "help pull through", is implied. With a nod, he comforts himself in his judgement. Claudia smiles to the Toreador Elder, appreciating the compliment to the full extend of its value. When herself notices Lyle, she takes a movement to stand up, but Lyle places hastily a hand on one of her shoulders to keep her from standing up. Himself takes a seat, giving a long look to the three Kindred at the table. Gregory gives him a hint of a smile, as to pass some hidden message. Lyle doesn't seem to care much about Gregory's non verbal language, nor about Claudia's calm but visible fear about the presence of her Sire. She looks away, her fingers tangle on her dress, she's obviously stressed. Lyle offers a smirk towards Estela, before addressing the Toreador Primogen.
(Lyle) Asking confirmation from my clueless Childe behind my back..
(Gregory) Well, even though she is a descendant of that.. Tremere that serves as your Sire, she is one honest woman.
(Lyle) Her looks deceive you, Primogen Darvault.. She's just that good.
(Gregory) Certainly.
While Gregory doesn't seem to buy the Tremere's arguments, Lyle shrugs nonchalantly to his statement and Claudia frowns a little when her Sire questions her honesty. She looks away, embarrassed. Lyle changes the subject, setting his eyes over Estela a few more seconds before giving a look to his Childe. Claudia moves slightly her lips, then speaks, calmed down, a bit distant in her usage of protocole.
(Claudia) Regent Kersten, this is Estela Aguilar. She is a friend from my works in the University.. She pauses a few seconds, to notice her Sire's nod, and she continues with a warmer, friendlier voice to her friend. Estela, this is Lyle Kersten, he is the Tremere Primogen, the Regent of our Chantry... She speaks a little lower the last bit. And my Sire.
(Lyle) Most people call me "bloody wizard", "Kersten liar", "manipulative kook" and else... You can call me Lyle.
Lighthearted and with a smirk, Claudia looks slightly shocked, and so does Gregory about Lyle willingly and publicly allowing such informality. She leans closer to Estela and adds as a strong recommendation.
(Claudia) Address him as "Primogen Kersten", it's better..

Lyle smiles widely, he did heard Claudia's advice to her friend, but he doesn't seem to care. Claudia shows a certain reluctance concerning the fact that, eventually, her friend will talk to her Sire. It's easy to guess that if she could, she would avoid it.

The Prince lets his eyes off the screen a few seconds, to give a meaningful look to the Sheriff. He signs for him to close the door, and the Malkavian Prevost does so, leaving the two of them available to discuss probably battle strategies and orders. After all, if the Sabbat did have insight for the last attack, it's credible that said insight could come from someone in the room.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Estela almost stood up when Claudia began to, but when she was pushed back down by the kitty hairpin wearing guy, she too sits back down. As the person seems to observe the three of them, Estela looks at her friend, taking note of how….nervous she suddenly seemed. Her eyebrows raise in surprise, showing that she’d never really seen the female Tremere in that particular mental state. The young vampire turns to the one who seems to be responsible for her friend’s unease, catching his smirk just before he begins talking to the one with glasses.
Claudia:
empathy 2, awareness 3:
The short conversation between the two men draw a look of surprise and mild disbelief from the girl and she looks at Claudia to gauge her reaction. Her visible embarrassment makes Estela chuckle, and she gives the other a friendly nudge in the ribs with her elbow, before looking back to the one with the hairpin as he’s introduced as Lyle. Surprise is clearly visible on her face when Claudia reveals that Lyle is her Sire, though this surprise quickly disappears as Lyle continuous on his introduction. Though she tries to stifle it behind a hand, laughter still escapes her, completely missing the shocked looks from the other two at the table. At Claudia’s suggestion that she should call him ‘Primogen Kersten’, the young vampire blinks and looks at her friend, not understanding why she’d have to be formal, when he’d just told her she could call him Lyle. Estela shrugs with a smile, turning back to Lyle. “It’s nice meeting you, Primogen Lyle,” she says, her smile turning to a light, mischievous grin. After a short pause, she continuous, her grin growing. “How’s the quitting going for you?”

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:33 am

When Laure responds to his question, Duncan nods in acknowledgment, and gives a slight smile.
Excuse me; Madame Nolveaux it is then. Thank you for your answer. To respond to your question: No, I wasn't a regular in Elysium. My social circle was... rather limited, let's say. That's one reason I was ready to move to Bordeaux, and find my own place in the world.

Perception 4, Empathy 3, or Auspex 2:
Duncan will glance at his watch, and then look at the Kindred around him.

I suppose I'll make my exit now, rather than wait until the last minute and be booted out. It's been very interesting to meet everyone. I bid you all farewell.
After acknowledging everyone who says goodbye in return, Duncan will turn to Miri and hold out his hand, as if to shake hers. As she extends her own hand (like he knew she would), he will take it and raise it to his lips, stopping just short of contact, as is proper... although initiating the kiss is not.

Mademoiselle De Boucher, it has been an honor to meet you this evening. I trust we will speak again, before long.
He will release her hand, letting it drop gently, and smile. It's a genuine smile, although saying that it is full of mischief is an understatement. Duncan will then mutter something that only the immediate group can hear.

Miri, Laure, Andrew, Elisabeth, and anyone listening with Auspex 1 turned on:
With that, Duncan will head for the door. If Theodore takes note of his departure, Duncan will nod in farewell and tip a hand to his brow -- a casual, yet respectful, salute in passing.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:52 am

In between the banter shared between Miri and Duncan, Miri pauses and smiles a non-verbal 'pleased to meet you,' as Andrew shares his and Elisabeth's name.

Duncan's insight into Suzanne's evasive action offers little consolation to her disappointment, but she nods that she understands all the same.

She stays silent as Duncan changes his focus of conversation to Laure, and instead directs her attention to Elisabeth, who is, to Miri's delight, participating in the chat about cartoons. Elisabeth's answer seems... dated, but Miri smiles all the same,
Oh, no! No, it wasn't a ramble; you were going somewhere interesting with this, I assure you. She folds her arms and tilts her head to the side with a sigh, thinking on the emerging subject, Folkdancing... she smiles again, admitting, Hm, I never was much of a dancer, myself. Do you still dance, Elisabeth?

Perception 3, Auspex 1:

As Duncan announces his departure, and extends his hand to Miri, she interrupts her own conversation to grasp it reflexively, expecting a handshake. She doesn't flinch as Duncan nearly kisses her hand, she does, however, raise an eyebrow out of intrigue when he doesn't. She places her other hand atop his, giving a gentle squeeze just before they release hands. She then waves him away, saying flatly, Now get outta here.

Her smile mimics his own, but with some bashfulness. She waves pleasantly this time, grinning at his parting words, as if to take it as a promise of things to come, If we're lucky, good sir. She chuckles at the thought, amused and shaking her head, See ya later.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:08 am

Andrew nods to Duncan when he announces he leaves, understanding. He also offers a smile.
Laure gives a slight wave with the hand as a goodbye, and leaves too, to speak with Theodore, Scoop and Suzanne.

Claudia opens her eyes widely as if she would scold her friend, but she just gives her that "look of disapproval". She doesn't seem to take Lyle's uncaring, un-protocolesque act as casual as he seems to want it to be taken. Lyle nods and smiles with a certain paternalist amusement when a compromise is accepted and Estela settles with "Primogen Lyle". He does smile widely when the young girl mentions the quitting, and right when the question is asked, Gregory takes off his glasses to put the fingers of his left hand on his eyes (not a facepalm, but close enough !). Claudia pokes back Estela's ribs, with that same "don't !" look, as if she had failed manners, but when Lyle responds with an amused and joking tone, she looks away as she doesn't want to see or hear his lies.
(Lyle) I just might win the war against addiction, thank you for asking !
Gregory takes his notebook from his bag and opens it to tear some of the middle pages, neatly (thank god for new modern books$. He folds the four papers twice and hands them to Claudia, who takes them.
(Gregory) Would you give these to Mr. Griffin, please, Claudia ? I would love his opinion.
(Claudia) Sure, Primogen Darvault.
The young Tremere accepts gladly what the Toreador Elder asks her. Lyle observes the exchange of paper with a certain mistrust, but he smiles when something crosses his mind.
(Lyle) So, you -are- spending the day at the Chantry, excellent ! You will show these two, his hand gesture towards Liz and Andrew only confirms who he is talking about, their rooms and present them to the other three, then.
(Claudia) Certainly. She addresses Estela Maybe we should head home for the day, we'll see each other soon, don't worry ! Good night, Primogen Darvault, Regent...

She sounds way less glad about her Sire's "task", but it's an order and she doesn't go against it. She takes the time to exchange a look to her Sire, probably as if she wanted to discuss something with him, but she keeps for herself, after all, she'll speak to him in the Chantry, and she will certainly wish him a good rest once in the chantry. She stands up when she greets good night to the Toreador Elder and offers him a slight bow. She then waves to Estela, and walks towards Liz and Andrew, using the order as an opportunity to get away from her sire. Lyle doesn't seem to care much for his Childe leaving, he exchange a meaningful look with Gregory, then observes Estela. Gregory stands up once Claudia has left, for the same reasons, and offers a smile to both Lyle and Estela.
(Gregory) It's true it's late. I wish you a good morning and a proper rest. Miss Aguilar, Primogen Kersten..
Lyle makes a hand movement meaning he has taken notice of Gregory's leaving, and gives him a smirk as a response. After exchanging goodbyes the Toreador walks towards Laure, Theodore, Scoop and Suzanne, taking a few seconds of Laure's attention to kiss her goodbye (twice, once each cheek), waves to the other, and moves on to say goodbye to Adriano (which he kisses three times, as it's customs in Toulouse and further, closer to the Mediterranean coast*) and waves at Raekel, before leaving Elysium.
Once "alone" with Estela, Lyle observes her a bit more curiously.

(Lyle) She's right, it's quite late already.. The Tremere dismisses the subject, after all, it's not like he doesn't sleep just across the street. His smile widens a little. So, it is true, Claudia has mortal friends ! I would love to know more about that, she doesn't really speak to me unless forced to.
Of course, Lyle knows Claudia can hear him, he's probably doing it on purpose and he's having some fun in it. It's a trap, but it's so huge and visible it must be hiding something else. The remark itself doesn't need an answer but he would certainly like it if Estela would bite. After all, the Prince still has his computer and he'll leave after.

Claudia moves closer to Andrew, Liz and Miri, giving each a warm smile.

(Claudia) Hi, I'm the public relations person for the Tremere Clan, Claudia Vonigner (most people go by Claudia, feel free to use it).. I'm sorry miss De Boucher, I must take them home. Shall we go ?

*This is actually true, there is a "protocol" in the number of kisses in French regions. Most regions are two kisses, in some it's only one, but it can be up to four kisses around Reims. And there is even a protocol about which cheek they begin with but I never could understand that one, it depends on the physical positions Very Happy... Oh, men kissing other men is normal and is not gay nor bi, even if it doesn't involve family members. The only inappropriate kiss is when work or professional relationships are involved ; You'll never kiss your boss unless he's a friend, but it's ok to kiss your colleagues if the ambiance is cool enough.

Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Miri smiles and prepares to greet Claudia when she arrives, but as it is shared that she is in fact there to gather the apprentices, she blinks her smile away as it is replaced by a look of sobriety when she realizes how much of the night has passed through idle conversation. She steps aside, Yes, of course. She looks to Elisabeth and Andrew, smiling anew, A pleasure chatting with you tonight. Good morning to you all, she bows to each before excusing herself.

She leaves the trio to their business, taking a few languid paces toward the exiting doors, glancing around the emptying deambulatoire with a fading, distant expression. She notes the gathering of the majority of kindred at a netbook, Lyle's occupation with a young kindred, and Raekel's continued conversation with Adriano, and makes use of the created privacy, stopping at a table in a relatively vacated area.

She leans in and taps the fingers of her idle hand on the edge of the table pensively as she holds the envelope Gregory gave to her earlier in the night in view. She turns it over, this way and that, looking on the seal of the city imprinted on it. Miri glances up once more to the rest of the room. She sees Gregory beginning to exit and decides instead to join up with him as he leaves, envelope in hand.
Back to top Go down
Kogamitsu
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kogamitsu

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:24 am

Elisabeth lets out a muffed laughter, then shakes her head at Miri. Dancer, me? 'fraid not, she says. I was never a fan of ballrooms and etiquette, let alone petticoats and corsets - skirts so wide you scrape the paint off narrow hallways as you go, wigs with random surprises in their depths... aye, and the wig powder! It'd take half an hour for the dust to set enough for you to see three feet in advance, and another bugger for the sneezing to cease.

As Claudia appears to reclaim Liz and Andrew, Liz politely bids farewell with a nod and follows her peer.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:18 pm

The mixed reactions of the people around her, as well as the elbow in her ribs clearly confuse Estela, ignorant of Kindred society as she still really is. She was just talking with Lyle, what was their problem? At least the Primogen had no problems with it, even smiling with a very nice twinkle in his eyes, drawing a smile from the young vampire as well. A chuckle follows the smile at Lyle’s answer. “Well, that’s one way of calling it I guess.”

She follows the interaction between the glasses wearing guy, Primogen Dervault apparently, and her friend with curiosity. Her expression falls a little when Lyle pretty much gives Claudia an order to take the two he gestured at to the Chantry, whatever that was, and introduce them to others. Even if she hadn’t known yet that the Kindred world was very much different from the human world, this would be proof enough. The young vampire makes a mental note to ask about this as she nods and smiles at Claudia. “I’ll keep you to that. G’night…..or day. You know what I mean.”
empathy 2 or perception 3:
“Good morning to you too, Primogen Darvault was it?” Estela watches him leave before turning back to Lyle. “Or early, depending on how you look at it.” His remark about Claudia makes the young vampire laugh a little, and she nods in confirmation to the mortal friends part. “Yea, she used to hang out with me and others from Ecole des beaux-arts. Clau told us she was in photography. Had a lot of fun nights going to clubs and movies and the like. Been through half of Bordeaux with her. I seriously did not expect to see her here.”
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:05 am

Andrew's reaction is close enough to Liz's when Claudia announces she'll be walking them to the Chantry. Claudia, after eyeing one last time the Elysium, and nodding to Laure when both cross their eyes, walks both new apprentices to the door. She seems to have a certain hesitation as she walks out, like if she suddenly didn't know the way. Once her hand is set on the rails, however, all hesitation is gone and she takes the road to the Regent Grand Hotel.

Gregory takes the time to smile to Estela as to confirm she had used the correct term.
Lyle looks interested and curious about Estela's information concerning his Childe. He observes the young Kindred with a certain cold look, that one look that lets know there is some history and past behind them, without blinking. His smile does betray his amusement and half-surprise concerning the "life" Claudia has outside the "Kindred life" and demeanor she seems to have with non-mortals.

(Lyle) Clubs, uh ?.. Claudia was a special young girl, and the Tremere clan chooses exceptional people to Embrace, so I stole her into the night about a century ago for a large number of reasons, from her looks to her spirit to her heritage. If she adapts well to your new nature, maybe she will confide in you in more detail...

Empathy 2, Subterfuge 2 or Wits 3:

When the Sheriff opens the door to Gosuin's room and leaves the Elysium with haste. Lyle watches him go from the corner of the eye, and he frowns a little. He then sets a few seconds his eyes over Gosuin and the now closed laptop in front of him. Once done so, he locks back his eyes on Estela, and puts one hand in his vest, as if looking for something. He takes out a small notepad with a pencil, writes something in one page, rips it and hands it to Estela.
(Lyle) This is my e-mail, if you feel like giving me more information about my Childe.. I am more than willing to repay the favor, considering the current circumstances ; you'll adjust to reading between the lines too. Do not worry, I only wish her good.

He's trying to be credible and honest, but there is certainly another plan behind his act ; maybe it's because he is old and manipulative, but something darker is behind it all. He does seem to tell the truth about his intentions in general.

Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:26 pm

“Special? Well, I wouldn’t know about that. We did think she was a little odd sometimes, but not enough to make us turn away from her. It just made her who she was. Or is.” Estela lets a hand go over her forehead, brushing some stray strands of her semi-short hair to the side. “This is going to give me a few headaches….”
“Anyways, I don’t know how much Clau will tell me, even after she gets used to the fact that I’m now not human. She never really told any of us much about herself. For obvious reasons, I know that now of course. ” She notices the Sheriff leave the Prince’s room, following him with her eyes until he leaves the Elysium all together. Setting her attention back on Lyle, she accepts the little piece of paper he holds out for her. After looking at its contents for a few moments, the young vampire tugs it into a pocket of her pants. A somewhat confused frown is visible on her features when she speaks again, “Why would I know more about Claudia than you? You’re the one who changed her right? Shouldn't that mean that she goes to you for everything she needs? I know I didn’t really want to sit down and have idle chats with my Sire with everything that had happened, but if he was there, he was willing to answer a couple of my questions. I do think that, in the end, he knew more about me than you claim to know about Claudia. And that was just in a few weeks.”
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Lyle listens with a certain care what Estela has to say concerning his Childe. A hint of a smile appears sometimes, when the young woman raises the fact that Lyle is, indeed, her Sire. He explains with few words, as if trying to have the image to fit what he means, as it seems that his conversation partner doesn't know the ways and means of the clans. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it's clear Lyle has no "teaching fire" within him.

(Lyle) The fact that I killed her then gave her my blood makes me her.. hm.. "biological parent" only. The Tremere clan is more like a community, rather than happy loving families. So she was given away to a competent tutor for Tremere laws, Camarilla laws, feeding, the use of her disciplines, and other clever stuff (like how to lie and get away with it, damn she is good).

Despite saying he is only his "biological" parent only, he is proud of her. It may be ill placed, as he continues with a shrug.
(Lyle) Look, I know her name, where she lives, how to contact her, who are some of her contacts, and I know what she is good at. I even have a close idea why she had ended up in a hospital to begin with, and I can guess why the Malkavian clan was interested in having her as a play-doll... However, I never raised her, I never taught her anything, and we never really talked either. I don't know her birthday, I have no idea of what her hopes are, what does she like and dislikes, why does she enjoy having contacts, her goals and her principles. I just don't know her. And since she fears me like if I was some sort of a blood sucking monster...

Those last words he adds with a meaningful smile.

Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:55 am

Estela looks surprised as Lyle elaborates a little on the Tremere clan and how it treats the new members. With the circumstances she’d been changed in her Sire had been the only one in the position to teach her anything, it is clear that she’d believed this to be normal. At least, until Lyle told her differently. It seems to interest her a little and for a moment it appears as though she wants to ask something in regards to the teaching area, but she swallows the question when he continues about Claudia.
auspex 4:
Disbelieve begins to form on her face when the Tremere talks about her friend, revealing things she’d never heard off or suspected herself, starting from the hospital part and growing even more obvious when he mentions that the Malkavians had had their eyes on Claudia. It seems to have made a bit of an impact on her, for it remains even as Lyle diverts from the past. His last comment still draws a laugh from the young Kindred. “Primogen Lyle,” she says, still with a smile though she seems to try and suppress it and create a more ‘straight face’. “You ARE a blood sucking monster.” A chuckle escapes Estela. “Anyway. I could tell you a few things about Claudia. Like, her birthday’s the 24th of July…but it may very well be fake. Since her ID also said she was born in 1990. I’ll have to find out the real date and I might share it with you when I do. We could plan a surprise party for her.” She laughs, showing that the surprise party is meant to be just a joke.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 am

Falsly shocked, eyes open wider for a few seconds, Lyle reacts to being called out a blood sucking monster. He does smile, amused.
(Lyle) Oh please, do not say such truths out in public !
After a slight nod as Estela tells him Claudia's birthday (the one on her id at least), Lyle ponders.
(Lyle) I would guess it is fake too ; if you truly want to know, maybe you can dig out her official true papers somewhere in the administrative mess of the city. Or ask her, maybe she remembers. I wouldn't even recognize my own mother after smoking that much opium and go through any asylum's treatments at the time, so remembering a birth date !
He mutters, more to himself, before adding an advice.
(Lyle) Her blood was so tainted with drugs that I think I was high for a week. Anyway ! You should get going to wherever you're spending the day, and thanks for that USB key, your travel will certainly give us a certain edge over our enemies.

Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Lyle’s antics draw a smile Estela. She plays along, clasping a hand before her mouth and looking around in mock surprise before she feigns an apologetic look, as though she’d said something she really shouldn’t have. She loses the look when the Tremere continuous with their subject. She nods when he gives his ideas on getting the birthday information of Claudia. “Which is what I’m going to do when I see her again, and if I remember it. Ask, I mean. Not exactly big on breaking in anywhere. And if she doesn’t remember…well, then the 24th will, from here on out, be her real birthday.”
She pauses as what Lyle just said slowly sinks in. “Wait…. You were…. She did….. what? Actually, don’t answer that. For tonight, I think I’ve heard and learned just about enough.” Estela pinches the bridge of her nose, nodding slightly at the other’s suggestion to go ‘home’. “Yea, I probably should. As for the USB, no problem. Just did what my dear Sire told me to do before he kicked me out the window.” Rolling her eyes a little, Estela pushes herself up from her seat and stretches her body. A few joints pop audibly as she does so. “Walk me out? Or do you still have some evil monster things to plot here?” She smiles at Lyle when she asks this.
Perception+Empathy >5:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 5:42 am

Lyle looks like he enjoyed the exchange about the truth that must not be told. He smiles widely as the younger vampire got what was he saying concerning tainted blood. He adds, a little lower.
(Lyle) Listen to my advice ; make sure your donor is clean before you feed, because whatever is in their blood will affect you, even if much less. This also goes for all type of blood sicknesses ; even if they do not affect you you would become a carrier and cause an epidemic amongst mortals.
He stands up as well, takes a few steps to approach the younger vampire and offers her his arm nonchalantly, as if he had done so many times before.
(Lyle) I always have evil plots in mind, and Gosuin still has my computer. I thought women nowadays did not need someone to walk them ! I will do so but that's because I'm in a good mood.

It's a lie, he does so because it reminds him 'the good old days'. Maybe he feels nostalgic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Le Grand Théâtre
Page 15 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 35  Next