Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction

Go down 
+9
Nachtrae
Voraxith
Claudia
Feral
redeyesandlonghair
Sykar
Zer0Morph
Childe of Malkav
Jad.3
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction Empty
PostSubject: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:41 am

Hello in there.
Does Presence work on Blood Dolls like Serpentis will in TFN? It'd be nice if it did, it's the power of charm and emotion after all.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:13 pm

I would like to do something with presence in dialog. But only Dominate and Dementation can do this. I think, it's hard coded this way. Or no modder has found it yet.
Serpentis uses the old Dementation, that's the reason why you can use it in dialog.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:16 pm

Actually Presence in dialogue is technically possible, I did it in TFN for Obeah. The only thing is you wouldn't be able to have it show up as a different color or text in the dialogue like you have for Dominate and Dementation. But for the sound and particle effects, I got that working great for Obeah so I know it could be done for Presence.

If you don't mind the missing unique font then having Presence in dialogue can be done, but it would be ALOT of hard work.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sykar
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Well, I do not notice a big difference between Dominate and Dementation options beside the usual Malkavian insanity font but imho that is a completely different matter.

The Dominate font would be perfectly fine since in a way Presence is a more subtle version of Dominate.
Back to top Go down
redeyesandlonghair
Ancillae
Ancillae
redeyesandlonghair

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Would it be possible to have Presence count as extra points in Charisma, Manipulation, and Appearance while active? I.E. If you have Presence 3 active, then all your social attributes are effectively 3 higher? Sort of like Blood Buff.

This would work well with the nature of presence. Dominate and Dementation are activated on the spot, for that particular target or group of targets. However, presence is a constant "glow" on the character that makes them mezmerizing to all that behold them.

This would make it more interesting as well, as you would be turning it on before important conversations, rather than just using it as a debuff aura during combat.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Problem is entering conversation switches off active Disciplines... Not like in PnP, I know.
Back to top Go down
redeyesandlonghair
Ancillae
Ancillae
redeyesandlonghair

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 6:21 pm

Feral wrote:
Problem is entering conversation switches off active Disciplines... Not like in PnP, I know.

boooooooo Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sykar
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:51 am

Really a pity since in P&P it's much more a tool for "social interactions" than anything.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:53 am

Well a video game is mostly combat based, it's normal they got the combat partof Presence Very Happy

Oh I'll start a Disciplines topic in the pen and paper section ^^
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:54 am

I know I'm not a Giovanni, so I shouldn't reanimate old topics...
But recent developemants require it. Presence in dialog, along with sound and particles, including red text but with the Dementation font, is now part of the plus patch. It seems, all disciplines can be used, but they always appear in the dementation font, except for dominate. And that is limited to vclan 8 (player_ventrue). The patch mostly uses it as a substitute for level 1 dominate. Very much in the same way as Thaumaturgy is used to make level 1 dominate available for Tremere.
I think it should also allow for use as a bonus to the social dialog options. I'd say you can only use it as presence 1, no matter what your actual level is. And it can be used to substitute dominate 1, or add a bonus of 2 to seduction and intimidation, and +1 to persuasion.
I think this distinction is justified as presence is more an emotional than a rational effect on the npcs mind. And I think this way is better for game balance.
Opinions? (and fast please. Wesp has put the word out that he intends to release next week.)

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:07 am

Great idea, add it asap.
But how could you add Disciplines to dialogue? As Dominate, OK. But to give Seduction bonus?
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:18 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Hello in there.

Am I the only one who actually pictured him leaning forward in his chair and saying this to his monitor?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:29 am

Feral wrote:
Great idea, add it asap.
But how could you add Disciplines to dialogue? As Dominate, OK. But to give Seduction bonus?
That's actually quite easy: I'll handle it with the conditions for the reply line to turn up If the pc has presence and seduction of one or two less than the level necessary for the actual seduction line to turn up, the presence option is used. So you will see a presence line, and have to judge by the text if it's menat to be a replace for dominate, or a bonus to one of the social dialog skills. And of course, as with dominate or dementation, you will have to spend blood every time you use a presence reply. But I can't think about any dialog where you would need it more than once.
Same way as I use for different amounts of $ to turn up depending on your haggling feat.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Sounds really nice...
I will enjoy plaing it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Voraxith wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Hello in there.

Am I the only one who actually pictured him leaning forward in his chair and saying this to his monitor?
complete with the Mandarin's voice.

On the topic: Presence in conversations sounds awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:46 am

+1, always wanted to really fell the 'Majesty' i get with 5 dots Wink
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Latest update for Presence in dialogs: I have written a Python script to easily use Presence as a bonus for the social skills in dialogs. Complete with red text, bloodcost of 1 as it should be for Presence,and thanks to EntenSchreck with Presence sound and particles around the npc's head. Only trouble is, it seems all disciplines can be used in Dialog, but they all appear in the same fonts as Dementation, except for Dominate, which has the normal fonts, but is limited to vClan 8 (Player_Ventrue).
So now "all" it takes is setting up the exact rules, browsing through the files, and adding the apropriate lines, if there is enough space in the file...
Wesp has already included Presence as a substitute for level 1 Dominate in the latest version of the patch. I'm thinking of adding the requirement that the pc has level2 Presence to substitute Dominate 1. Of course it will still only cost 1 bloopoint per use.
For Presence as a substitute for Intimidation, Seduction, and Persuasion. For now I have scripted it to be an option, if your feat does not match the requirement, but your feat plus Presence (plus 1 in the case of intimidation and seduction) does. But I think that will make it unbalanced. So I think, I will take out the bonus, and perhaps also make it necessary that your feat value is at least half the required level. So for example, if Intimidate 7 is needed, a Brujah, Toreador, or Ventrue can also do it with 4 Intimidation, and at least 3 Presence. And if the character actually has the required feat, the Presence option does not appear any longer.
Any suggestions on this?

- geek
Btw, why do I always get these ideas, when I'm about to make it ready for packing the installer?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Curse of Malkav.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Curse of Malkav.
That was very helpful. Thank you Razz

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Anytime What a Face
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Unique Malkavian Derengement?

Seriously though, your balancing system seems to make sense.
We could live with the Dementation font, too.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Feral wrote:
Nah, just the Malkavian Madness Network. Smile And as long as it continuous to make Malkav create new things, I don't mind it one bit!
Back to top Go down
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae
dkmode

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Feral wrote:

Seriously though, your balancing system seems to make sense.
We could live with the Dementation font, too.

Agreed.

You can always save stuff for 1.7 too.... I wanna play!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 11:20 am

OK. It is decided. There will be Presence in the dialogs. The rules are like this: Presence in dialog will cost one blood per use (not per dialog). Brujah and Toreador can use as a substitute for Dominate 1. But they must have at least Presence 2 in order to do so. Any vampire who has Presence can use it as a bonus to persuasion, intimidation, or seduction. You need at least half the required feat-level, and enough Presence to "fill the gap". In addition, Brujah get a +1 Bonus for intimidate. Toreador and Ventrue don't get such a bonus, because they start with a bonus on Charisma or Appearance. And finally there is a general -1 for persuasion.
Prostitute and blooddoll dialogs don't get Presence options.

For the status, dominate is mostly implemented, thanks to Wesp, who has already done so for the patch. The Santa Monica blueblood dialog is completely rewritten to allow for all options. Some other dialogs also have options included, and I'm going to check for easy to implement ones in the other dialogs today.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next