Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction

Go down 
+9
Nachtrae
Voraxith
Claudia
Feral
redeyesandlonghair
Sykar
Zer0Morph
Childe of Malkav
Jad.3
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae
dkmode

Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
OK. It is decided. There will be Presence in the dialogs. The rules are like this: Presence in dialog will cost one blood per use (not per dialog). Brujah and Toreador can use as a substitute for Dominate 1. But they must have at least Presence 2 in order to do so. Any vampire who has Presence can use it as a bonus to persuasion, intimidation, or seduction. You need at least half the required feat-level, and enough Presence to "fill the gap". In addition, Brujah get a +1 Bonus for intimidate. Toreador and Ventrue don't get such a bonus, because they start with a bonus on Charisma or Appearance. And finally there is a general -1 for persuasion.
Prostitute and blooddoll dialogs don't get Presence options.

For the status, dominate is mostly implemented, thanks to Wesp, who has already done so for the patch. The Santa Monica blueblood dialog is completely rewritten to allow for all options. Some other dialogs also have options included, and I'm going to check for easy to implement ones in the other dialogs today.

- geek

Sounds cool! I don't understand completely though. What do you mean when you say "brujah and toreador can use as a substitute for dominate 1"? What does dominate have to do with brujah and toreador? and what do you mean by "there is a general -1 for persuasion"? I don't have as good of an understanding of the game as you do, so can you spell it out for me?

I am a little worried about the re-writing of the santa monica blueblood dialogue ... It's completely rewritten? don't like the sound of that. I love the writing of this game, it's what makes it so good, and changing it should always be a last resort. Please make sure to have a native english speaker proof-read it as well if you can. I can already envision people complaining if it's not perfect
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:44 am

Well, following a Malkavian's train of thought can be a difficult task. Wink I may be wrong, but here's how I understand it:

"Brujah and Toreador can use as a substitute for Dominate 1. But they must have at least Presence 2 in order to do so."

If Brujah and Toreador have Presence 2, they can use it to get the same dialogue options that a Ventrue would get with Dominate 1.

"And finally there is a general -1 for persuasion."

Your Persuasion + Presence gets a -1 penalty before being compared to the difficulty of the Persuasion check. With other words, you need one more point of Persuasion than it takes to "fill the gap".

For example if you have Persuasion 3 and you want to use dialogue which requires Persuasion 6, you will need Presence 4.

Similarly, if a Brujah with Intimidate 3 wants to pass an Intimidate 6 check, he'll only need Presence 2.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 am

Yep, Dragatus got it mostly correct on the technical part. I have just mentioned Brujah and Toreador, because a Ventrue doesn't need Presence as a substitute for Dominate.

And for the rewriting of the dialog, don't worry to much. It only means, I have implemented all the options there. And in some places, to avoid having to do it over and over again, including moving npc- lines with spoken text, I have rerouted to the starting lines instead. But you can still get him to tell you "I'm happily married. To my work. And I have a wife, too."
Back to top Go down
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae
dkmode

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Ok I think I understand now. Thanks guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:48 pm

On totally unrelated matter, isn't your pic from UnMasked?
Back to top Go down
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae
dkmode

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Feral wrote:
On totally unrelated matter, isn't your pic from UnMasked?

I assume your asking me.

Sorry to disappoint, but I found it on google image search after typing in nosferatu. I just thought it looked really really cool. Very Happy

What's UnMasked? is it related to classic world of darkness?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Thanks for the answer. A bit of suprise, even.
UnMasked is a page on oWoD, covering mostly lore on the Clans, Sects... some LARP added in.

*googles*

Or used to be... I can't find it anymore...
Back to top Go down
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae
dkmode

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:04 pm

Feral wrote:
Thanks for the answer. A bit of suprise, even.
UnMasked is a page on oWoD, covering mostly lore on the Clans, Sects... some LARP added in.

*googles*

Or used to be... I can't find it anymore...

yeah i tried to look it up after you brought it up, but i couldn't find anything Sad
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:22 am

I found it and put up a topic in the Dark Room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction   Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Presence, Blood Dolls, Seduction
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2