Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DenzelCrocker
Fledgling
Fledgling
DenzelCrocker

Some ideas Empty
PostSubject: Some ideas   Some ideas EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 12:12 pm

I always thought it was strange that there is a report about Heather on doctor Malcom´s PC which sates that she has some ruptured organs and is in critical condition and once you have rescued her, nobody finds it suspicious that she suddenly got better.
In my opinion this always was a wasted opportunity for a quest.
Something like:

Dr. Malcom got suspicious about Heather´s miraculous recovery and is about to send a report about the case to his superiors. The player could solve this by altering the report and sending the altered report him-/herself, or (if he/she didn´t already do it) by bribing Dr. Malcom.

I also wanted to ask if it is possible to remove the bum in the beginning (the one that tries to pump you or some change the first time you leave your haven in Santa Monica) if you are playing a Nos. I think he hurts the whole "i shall not be seen" feeling.

On the same note, i think a Nos should not be able to bribe Dr. Malcom. I can understand that various quest related NPCs have to be able to talk to you, without you breaking the masquerade. Dr. Malcom however serves no particular purpose with the exception of netting the player 75/150$ early on in the game.

I don´t think it is possible, but i have to ask. Is it possible to edit the scene where you are attacked by the Sabbath and rescued by Nines, if you are playing a Nos? It always irked me that Bertram tells you that you have to go through the sewers, because you cannot use public transportation but in that scene your Nos still leaves the cab like everybody else.
My idea is to leave the screen black and we only hear the hit with the baseball bat (maybe some sewer sounds) and the actual scene starts with the three Sabbaths towering over us.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Some ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some ideas   Some ideas EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:24 pm

DenzelCrocker wrote:
I always thought it was strange that there is a report about Heather on doctor Malcom´s PC which sates that she has some ruptured organs and is in critical condition and once you have rescued her, nobody finds it suspicious that she suddenly got better.
In my opinion this always was a wasted opportunity for a quest.
Something like:

Dr. Malcom got suspicious about Heather´s miraculous recovery and is about to send a report about the case to his superiors. The player could solve this by altering the report and sending the altered report him-/herself, or (if he/she didn´t already do it) by bribing Dr. Malcom.
You volunteer for writing the new dialog necessary for it. And doing the voicovers and lip files? affraid

DenzelCrocker wrote:
I also wanted to ask if it is possible to remove the bum in the beginning (the one that tries to pump you or some change the first time you leave your haven in Santa Monica) if you are playing a Nos. I think he hurts the whole "i shall not be seen" feeling.
That is no big deal.I'll think about it.

DenzelCrocker wrote:
On the same note, i think a Nos should not be able to bribe Dr. Malcom. I can understand that various quest related NPCs have to be able to talk to you, without you breaking the masquerade. Dr. Malcom however serves no particular purpose with the exception of netting the player 75/150$ early on in the game.
Well, if you talk to him, he thinks you have serious burns. Same as the nurse. So why deny a Nossie the money? Especially when in the next version all the books have been replaced by college courses only?.

DenzelCrocker wrote:
I don´t think it is possible, but i have to ask. Is it possible to edit the scene where you are attacked by the Sabbath and rescued by Nines, if you are playing a Nos? It always irked me that Bertram tells you that you have to go through the sewers, because you cannot use public transportation but in that scene your Nos still leaves the cab like everybody else.
My idea is to leave the screen black and we only hear the hit with the baseball bat (maybe some sewer sounds) and the actual scene starts with the three Sabbaths towering over us.
I haven't done something like that yet, but burgermeister says, working on cutscenes usually costs more time and effort than it's worth.

- geek
Back to top Go down
DenzelCrocker
Fledgling
Fledgling
DenzelCrocker

Some ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some ideas   Some ideas EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
You volunteer for writing the new dialog necessary for it. And doing the voicovers and lip files?

While would love to do so, i think it is better for everyone involved if i don´t. Razz

Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Some ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some ideas   Some ideas EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:19 pm

the lip files will bend you to your knees and rape you if you're not careful, kid.
Trust me, i don't have a white name for nothing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Some ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some ideas   Some ideas EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:23 am

Lip files and working on the actual models is what I have not done yet. And while I can do skins, I'm just not good at it.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Some ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some ideas   Some ideas EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:31 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
the lip files will bend you to your knees and rape you if you're not careful, kid.
Trust me, i don't have a white name for nothing

I believe you so much.. I mean just trying to work on the dlg files is a pain, so when you put in there a mother fuckin python..

Srsly.
That's why I rather be a brain with random theories than you guys who do apply that so it becomes reality Oo
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Some ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some ideas   Some ideas EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:39 am

Well, the dlg files look a bit confusing, until you get used to them. For me dialog editing (at least the part that does not involve getting completely new npc lines with voice-overs and new lip files) is one of the easier parts of modding bloodlines.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some ideas   Some ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Some ideas
Page 1 of 1