Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Table top game using Bloodlines for setting

Go down 
+12
PGM1961
Karavolos
Duncan.Oliver
Feral
Meowolf
Dragatus
atronac
eye of the divine
Childe of Malkav
ThePhilosopher
Claudia
Voraxith
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Table top game using Bloodlines for setting Empty
PostSubject: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 pm

So I was asked by a local rpg group to run a game for them since their GM keeps flaking out on them, and I accepted on the condition that it would be a VtM game. They were the poor unfortunate souls who agreed to my terms... MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Twisted Evil

Oh, ahem! Sorry 'bout that. Slipped into evil G.O.D. mode there (Game Operations Director). Anywho, I was seriously thinking of setting the game in Bloodlines L.A., and I was looking for any input, suggestions, advice, or experience with doing so that any of you might have. A group of three WoD newbies, in my hands, exposed to the horror that is LaCroix. Oh, the humanity! But what I will be doing is using the new WoD combat rules, as one roll is a HELL of a lot better than four.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Make them play pre-bloodlines, with Grout being all .. malkie about stuff.

Make them know the primogen Wink
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Oooh, good idea. How pre-Bloodlines? Because isn't Jack fairly new to the area, or am I thinking of Beckett?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Jack's Anarch, he moves everywhere. Beckett moves only because of the sarcophagus but any reason will do.

Maybe in the 90's ? (I mean, so you'll be able to use technology you are familiar with Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Well, I was thinking of making it like the 1989 Batman movie: modern day but with no specific date set. That way I would have complete free reign to do as I please. And as they've never even played Bloodlines, much less any other WoD game, I could get away with pretty much any butchering of the story as I see fit. My original idea was to have it concurrent with the Bloodlines story, basically making the three players as the player of the video game. Obviously, a LOT more fleshed out and with a lot more stuff to do (and as is my usual style, a lot more sandbox), but still generally following the story of Bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Out of curiousity, what exactly is the difference between V20, Masquerade, and Requiem? Is V20 just using NWoD system rules for the OWoD seting and clans?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:53 pm

V20 is like if Requiem never happened

Go to MR Gone and check out the convertions for masquerade world, to Requiem setting.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:57 pm

lol! That's exactly what I'm doing right now. Claudia, you are a genius. I love you
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:58 pm

I'm a Tremere !

(V20 is Masquerade. Requiem is Requiem ^^)
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Um, I'm having trouble finding it on his site. You have a link?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Damn he doesn't have them anymore..

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?478404-Masqeurade-for-a-Requiem-V-tM-conversion-to-NWoD

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Translation_Guide

(this one is on drivethru)
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:08 pm

http://www.4shared.com/get/g0ydTryp/Vampire_The_Masquerade_-_20th_.html

Because fuck the police
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:25 am

Voraxith wrote:
lol! That's exactly what I'm doing right now. Claudia, you are a genius. I love you
Claudia wrote:
I'm a Tremere !
What's that supposed to mean? If you need to be a genius, tere is a ritual for it? Question Arrow Idea

- geek
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:20 am

So if you're going with the late 80's does that mean LaCroix isn't Prince? I dunno why but I got the impression that he wasn't Prince for very long like maybe just shy of a decade when the computer game started.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:26 am

Well, I'd tought Lacroix would have been prince (or at least ultra well-established) since the 70's or so. 35 years as a prince is quite young.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 am

More probable, I keep forgetting that a few decades is like what a human equates to a few years XD.
Back to top Go down
atronac
Neonate
Neonate
atronac

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:21 pm

that 4shared website rocks, all those VtM books. It would be sweet if we could all designate a day or something (and I know this is way out there) and play p&p VtM over the computer. like we all skype up or instant message or something. Just an idea from a guy with a small brain and an even smaller weewee, but I think that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm already running a game here on the forum.

Play all on skype could be fun, BUT. TIME ZONES ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 pm

I placed an order at my local game shop for the Vampire Translation Guide. I absolutely love the setting for VtM before the whole Time of Judgment metaplot absolutely ruined it, but the actual game mechanics for the New World of Darkness are wonderful (i.e., one roll for each combat action as opposed to four).

As for the time period, when I said like the 1989 Batman movie, I didn't mean set in the 80's, I meant set in a post-modern period that has a timeless sense to it (the movie integrated elements of the late 80's, the 40's, as well as near-future sci-fi) without actually stating a specific date other than "present".

I've decided that my game will run concurrently with the general plotline of Bloodlines, and the players will have many of the same Stories as there are Quests in the video game, but I will also expand upon them quite a bit to my own liking, and allow them to do and interact with the setting as they please -- but with real consequences (so they can kill and/or diablerize LaCroix all they want, and I shall cheer exhuberantly, but of course there will be repercussions for the act).

I was hoping that some of you might have some suggestions, ideas, or advice for me, as these are three new White Wolf players (they've been playing D&D 4th ed. for a while now I guess, and were looking for something different) and since this is the first game I've run in a while (a couple years). Either way, it looks like it'll be quite a bit of fun. I start character creation this Wednesday afternoon, and I think I'll be limiting them to the Camarilla 7 unless they can come up with a really good excuse why I should let one of them play a Ravnos or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 pm

UPDATE:

So apparently, when my local game shop went to order the book from White Wolf, there was no ordering information available; they no longer distribute the book. Grr...
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm

God fucking damnit. Am i the only one in this whole forum that knows how to download stuff from the web?

Here's the fucking guide:
http://www.4shared.com/office/VS5GO3JZ/Vampire_the_Requiem_-_Vampire_.html

Here's more of the fucking guide:
http://www.4shared.com/office/0Ia_sPeg/Vampire_Translation_Guide.html

Not even a five minute search.
Jeez.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 pm

I love how you talk like I'm an idiot, yet don't bother to read in my posts elsewhere that I am limited to using the computers at the local library, which block the vast majority of file-sharing sites such as 4shared. Hmm... I am well aware of Google, you know, just unable to make use of most of its resources. Thanks, though.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:34 pm

Can you use sites like ebay and amazon? I know everywhere is different on blocked sites so I figured I might as well ask. You may have better luck and not have to pay through the nose for what you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 am

Never spoke to you like you were an idiot, Vora.

My post was directed at everyone, because more than once i've seen people here act like downloading files was something unthinkable or out of this world. Then i used your post as an example of how easy it was to get something on the net.

About your particular status, i can't say i'm sorry for not remembering your details. After all, there's lots of people in here.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:08 am

Uh the translation guide was never printed. Buy the PDF off drive thru if you really want to buy it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting Empty

Back to top Go down

Table top game using Bloodlines for setting
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next