Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have no valid reply

Go down 
+7
Nachtrae
NobleSavage
Rebsten
DeadBeat
Ringo
Childe of Malkav
Bloodstone
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

I have no valid reply Empty
PostSubject: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:12 am

I have been playing CE1-6 and found two I have no valid reply bugs.

The first one is having got all the items asked for by Bertram and giving them to him.

When talking about the reward. I got. I have no valid reply asnwer, but was still able to carry on further in the game.

The second one is more serious as it kills the game.

After doing the Fu Syndicate quest and freeing Barbus and answering the pay phone. The I got no valid reply line came up.

This means I could not get the Giovanni information so I could not proceed any further.

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:20 am

Can you be a bit more precise as to where exactly you got the problems? Also, are you playing a Nossie or another clan?

I had a look into the files, but didin't find a hint as to what might cause it. Probably a wrong line link, but that kind of thing is near impossible to find, if you don't know where to look.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 am

OK I am playing as a Venture male.
. The first took place at Bertram’s in Santa Monica. Just gave him the items he wanted CD picture and Enigma machine.
He says. What do you need.
You. 1.I have the things you asked for
Him. 1.Nice work, Fledgling
You. 1. Thanks, now lets talk about my compensation,
Him. 1. Hmmmm
1. I have no valid reply.
The quest log says you have a reward.

The next one is in Chinatown. After doing the Fu Syndicate quest and freeing Barbus. Wait for the pay phone to ring. Go over to to it. Answer it..
1. Hello
The reply is
1. I have no valid reply.
Hope this is a bit clearer.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:46 pm

Hm, for the Bertram problem, it seems you have all 5 abilities he can teach at 3 or more (computers, security, stealth, investigation, finance). I didin't expect that to happen. So I'll have to add a line asking for $$$.

For the phone call, seems there are problems with the starting conditions. I have to make some more tests there.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:06 pm

Ok thanks for that.

I checked the abilities they are around 3 each.
Back to top Go down
Ringo
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:38 am

I can confirm the phonecall bug. I'm playing as a malkavian.
Back to top Go down
DeadBeat
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:22 am

I also got hit with the phone call bug after clearing the Fu Syndicate as Ventrue.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Yep, I messed that one up. But it's easy to fix. Open -bloodlines\vampire\dlg\chinatown\garyphone.dlg with a texteditor (Notepad), and go down to the end of the file.
In Line { 112 } replace { RandomLine( [0, 1] ) == 1 } with { OneOfSet(1,2) }
And in Line { 113 } replace { RandomLine( [0, 1] ) == 0 } with { OneOfSet(2,2) }

That's it. You don't even have to kill a russian Mafia boss... Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Ringo
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:07 pm

That fixed it. Awesome! Much thanks for the quick support.
Back to top Go down
DeadBeat
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:29 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick fix!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 am

You're welcome,
don't even remember why I didn't do it this way right from the start...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:04 pm

Many thanks everything fine now.

Maybe the voices were a bit to loud that day.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:37 pm

Bloodstone wrote:
Many thanks everything fine now.

Maybe the voices were a bit to loud that day.
Or one of our resident fiends vicissituded the files scratch

- geek
Back to top Go down
Rebsten
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:35 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Yep, I messed that one up. But it's easy to fix. Open -bloodlines\vampire\dlg\chinatown\garyphone.dlg with a texteditor (Notepad), and go down to the end of the file.
And in Line { 113 } replace { RandomLine( [0, 1] ) == 0 } with { OneOfSet(2,2) }

- geek

Thanks for posting the fix. Forgive me if I am missing something, but I am running into another issue.

I can't seem to figure out how to save this in a .dlg format. My basic notepad doesn't allow this, and whenever I run into an issue like this I simply run Notepad++. However, for the life of me, I can't seem to find any way to save as a .dlg or find a designated editor / converter. Notepad++ keeps giving me an error that says the file MAY be open somewhere else, but is very vague and inaccurate and I believe it has more to do with the fact that it doesn't have a way to save it as a .dlg as far as I can tell. I already went through and disabled the read only flags on all the files as well as running notepad++ as admin.

My gut says since you folks are able to craft entirely new dialogues yourselves, you probably have some idea as to how to work around the problem I am encountering.

If it is relevant I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

Sorry again if I am overlooking something obvious.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Hm, that's weird. I do most of my modding with Notepad++, and never had any issues with file extensions. Same goes for plain Notepad. Either win7 is to blame. I don't know, because I still run vista. Or you have only ALT TAB 'd out of the game, without quitting. That would also explain why Notepad++ tells you something about the file being in use somewhere else.
Usually a text-editor only gives a warning if you change the extension. In any case, use SAVE, not SAVE AS.

Hope this helps.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Rebsten
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, that's weird. I do most of my modding with Notepad++, and never had any issues with file extensions. Same goes for plain Notepad. Either win7 is to blame. I don't know, because I still run vista. Or you have only ALT TAB 'd out of the game, without quitting. That would also explain why Notepad++ tells you something about the file being in use somewhere else.
Usually a text-editor only gives a warning if you change the extension. In any case, use SAVE, not SAVE AS.

Hope this helps.

- geek

I appreciate the speedy response.

I never have been able to resolve the issue with notepad++ insisting the file was in use. Despite the fact that Notepad++ told me this, I was able to move the file, rename it, etc., so clearly the rest of my system didn't believe it was being used. VTMB was not running and I had done a clean restart just to be sure something wasn't running in the background, but I still received the same error. Looks like this part was my system, however, and had nothing to do with VTMB or the Camarilla mod. I appreciate your help nonetheless.

What I eventually did was move garyphone.dlg to another folder, throw a copy of it onto a USB and edit the USB document on another computer (this one was running on Vista, and that may be part of what resolved it, but I honestly have no idea). Regardless, I moved edited copy back into the chinatown directory straight from my USB stick, and it works. I'm on my way to the Giovannis now.

Thanks again for your assistance, but it looks like this error is probably localized. Still, if anyone else runs into a similar issue, you may want to try something similar.
Back to top Go down
NobleSavage
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek
I have the same problem and it seems I'm too stupid to understand how to apply the fix Very Happy
Am I supposed to replace the whole { RandomLine( [0, 1] ) == 0 } or just part of it? What does the line look like after replacing?
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 pm

NobleSavage wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek
I have the same problem and it seems I'm too stupid to understand how to apply the fix Very Happy
Am I supposed to replace the whole { RandomLine( [0, 1] ) == 0 } or just part of it? What does the line look like after replacing?

If I understand Malkav correctly (and with Malkavians, you can never be certain), { RandomLine( [0, 1] ) == 1 } in line 112 must become { OneOfSet(1,2) } and { RandomLine( [0, 1] ) == 0 } in line 113 must become { OneOfSet(2,2) }.
Back to top Go down
NobleSavage
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:11 pm

{ 112 }{ Hello? }{ Hello? }{ 1 }{ { OneOfSet(1,2) } }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ Yes? }
{ 113 }{ Hello? }{ Hello? }{ 101 }{ { OneOfSet(2,2) } }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ Yes? }

Is it like this? Tried this and it doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:13 pm

I would guess so. I'm no modder, nor have I ever even looked at the game files, but if you only changed those randomline thingies, it should be good.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Yep that's it, but be careful with the tabulations and else. Check it with BDE (a .exe you can find on planet-vampire's downloads, it's meant to open and see DLG files)
Back to top Go down
NobleSavage
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Claudia wrote:
Yep that's it, but be careful with the tabulations and else. Check it with BDE (a .exe you can find on planet-vampire's downloads, it's meant to open and see DLG files)
Did that and it was missing the Malkavian line (hello?). Now it works!!! Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Hey NobleSavage, welcome to the forum.

You have a pair of {} too much around the OneOfSet entries. That's what causes your problems.

- geek
Back to top Go down
The_Killer
Neonate
Neonate
The_Killer

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi I'm still in the beginning of the game and till now i have encountered two bugs:

1. First the stick and the gum in Santa Monica are gone.

2. And second, in the mission where Bertram wants those items i take the Enigma machine and the CD (after coping and deleting the reports), but when i go to him nothing happens, it gives me the usual options in the dialog.

Can you tell me where is the problem and if i missed something, what is it?

Thanks in advance.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Make a proper topic, this isn't "I have no valid reply" bug Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have no valid reply   I have no valid reply Empty

Back to top Go down

I have no valid reply
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next