Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nikcha
Fledgling
Fledgling

Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue   Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Greetings,

I have installed Camarilla edition 1.6 onto Vanilla VTMB 1.2 on Win XP. And i got similar issue that was described in several posts earlier. First textures got messed up in the introduction, then in tutorial there is only "i have no valid reply" in Jack dialog. Also if i am trying to move in another maps some of the characters are also giving "no valid reply" answer.
I have tried to uninstall and install mod and game. I have tried to install it to another place or i have tried to install vanilla edition to another place too, it did not work. Weird thing is that introduction scene got stuck. Even if i try to install and play very vanilla version some textures are messed up but others look like they are from Camarilla edition.
I guess i did not uninstalled it completely and there are some leftovers that are sitting somewhere and still running in a weird way.
Question is where do you think they are? and how to clean them out?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue   Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Welcome to the forum, nikcha, hope you do stick around!

Go to C:\Program Files\Activision and delete Vampire directory after uninstalling. Or simply see where it is installed during instalation, it has to show it somewhere.

Second thing is a messed up download. You may try to redownload from download section on the forum:
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2-vtmb-camarilla-edition-download-center
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue   Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Hello neonate,

you're probably right in your assumption that Windows moved some of the config and save files to another location. While I don't know where exactly they are, I'd assume somewhere in "my files" or whatever it is called. To avoid these things in the future, I'd suggest you uninstal the game, reinstall it, and then make a copy of the whole bloodlines directory to some other directory. This way, you can have different patches/mods available at the same time and as such a copy has no entry in the registry, Windows can't mess with it. Then you install CE on this copy without trouble.
Also better download Camarilla Final. It is less buggy, and has the new library level and quest from the plus patch.

In any case, good luck, have fun with the game, and may the sun never shine upon you.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue   Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Tutorial "I have no valid reply" issue
Page 1 of 1