Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom Music Glitch --no bug

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Custom Music Glitch --no bug Empty
PostSubject: Custom Music Glitch --no bug   Custom Music Glitch --no bug EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Ok, so before I began playing, I decided to put in some extra music for the hubs and clubs. However, when I began playing, the music became...glitchy.

For example, I have about 7 Songs for the Asylum. However, the only two songs it plays is the original music, Isolated by Chiasm and the added in song, In the Dark by The Birthday Massacre.

However, this could be a separate problem, as I had pulled out most of my music from my iPod manually.
I did that by:
1: Opening iPod folder when connected to laptop.
2: Opening "Folder and Search Options" in File tab.
3: Going to second tab in that and clicking "Show hidden folders".
4: Going into Music folders
5: Pulling out music manually via copy + paste (took a long time too).

But I find this weird, because I pulled "In the Dark" from my iPod as well.

This goes for Hubs too, since for the Santa Monica hub, I put in 2 songs for that. One being "Girls Self-Esteem Foundation" from the Portal Soundtrack and "Alice is Dead" by Hania. It plays the normal soundtrack and "Alice is Dead" but not "Girls Self-Esteem Foundation".

Note: I did not replace the original music, I named all of my music as "insertnamehere_insertnumberotherthanonehere". And I spelled the places correctly too. Ex: "asylum_#"
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Custom Music Glitch --no bug   Custom Music Glitch --no bug EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Hm, on first view, I'd say it's a problem with the sampling rate. Seems I have forgotten to put the limits into the descriptions. If one of the files had been messed up with windows media player, it would have led to a crash.
If I recall it right, 128 or 256 Mbit/s is the max allowed sampling rate.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Custom Music Glitch --no bug   Custom Music Glitch --no bug EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Malkav is right. If you listen to your songs in Windows Media Player, it will add a tag which will make it incompatible with Bloodlines. Try opening the broken files in Audacity, a free sound program, and save the files as it. You can break the media player tag and that generally fixes the sound file.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Custom Music Glitch --no bug   Custom Music Glitch --no bug EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Since I haven't heard anything new on this topic, I consider it no bug.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Music Glitch --no bug   Custom Music Glitch --no bug Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Music Glitch --no bug
Page 1 of 1