Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)

Go down 
+2
Bloodywolf
eye of the divine
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:31 am

Once everyone has seated, herself pulls a chair from the table and sits as well, crossing her legs. She nods at William's words.
(Claudia) They tried the Introduction, I guess.. I've never learnt it, I never had to present myself to other Regents. She shrugs, showing ignorance. I may have failed something with my own test, that or the object I used wasn't an useful component.

She doesn't seem to believe she failed, but it's a possibility.
(Claudia) To be honest, the first and only time I've tried, I did manage to reach Regent Kersten's mind. He shut the door right in my face (figuratively) and scolded Magister Horsman. A ward.. She thinks about it for a while. I can't think of a reason for it to exist, because one can just "refuse" such contact. I didn't feel the "no", but on the other hand I should have felt "something" if he was dead, which is why I must assume he's alive.. He might be in torpor, or staked.. or gone. William ?

Claudia seems unsure, which is why she asks William. She then sighs.
(Claudia) He is surely a pain. His.. "buddies", I wouldn't know, I'm just his childe, it's not like he informs me of anything. I am sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Nyx:

William:

Duncan:

Fred:

perception+subterfuge=5:

While all lights are off, the windows of the living room are big enough, and spotless clean, letting the night's light enter. They can all see clearly enough, mostly because they are used to being in the dark, but also because of the colors in the flat, as well as the size of the windows and the street lights what reflect through it.
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 2:10 pm

William looked thoughtful, "There are... places... and states that interfere with the communication rituals. And enough time has passed for Regent Kersten to reach (or be taken to) those areas, before we became 'worried' and decided to attempt to determine his location. Now I haven't got the most knowledge when it comes to creating your own rituals, nor the allowance and interest to do so due to... circumstances, nor the age, so I cannot help you there. But I do know, that nothing at all, is quite a precarious response to get in that division of contacting methods. However... for reasons I cannot indulge unless we speak in private, have you considered that you might be... how do I put this... blocked from contacting Kersten?"

William leaned back into the couch, crossed his legs and studied the room with a small amount of interest as he crossed his arms.
"After all, and this isn't meant as an insult or anything, your whereabouts aren't entirely secret, and any person with ill intent could most likely track you down to manipulate your senses with certain means if they wanted to."
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Nyx was being attentive to the conversation taking place, though she felt more like a voyeur rather than an active participant. When William was done speaking she found her voice and spoke.

Hey Claudia, what's that black thing? 

The Nosferatu gestured to the peeking corner behind the sofa from where she sat.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 am

Claudia thinks about William's doubts. She clearly got the message, nodding as she says she understood. She doesn't seem to take it as an offense.
(Claudia) I don't really feel the need to hide, but I am, however, well protected. I know my skills, and I know others, so I'm confident. After all, I am still a Tremere and I'm old enough to defend myself.

She smiles, proving she believes in her own words.
(Claudia) I will try again to reach him before dawn, but I'll need you to give me his necklace, just to rule out it's not an issue of.. ingredients.

A careful eye will notice she looks down and turns her head a little as she speaks of ingredients. She gives a glance at Nyx as she asks about the black thing. The squints the eyes, to see what she is speaking about. She smiles and nods.
(Claudia) A game object of Loïc's. It works with his console.

She indicates the cabinet under the TV.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:34 am

Duncan listens as Claudia and William discuss the possibilities of why she could not contact her sire, and Claudia's confidence in her ability to protect herself.
Perception+Empathy>4:
Auspex>4:
When Claudia mentions that she will try to reach Kersten again before dawn, using the necklace Lyle gave William to show his credentials, Duncan nods, as if that seems to settle something in his mind.  After she answers Nyx's question about the dance pad for Loic's game, Duncan speaks to the elder Tremere.

Well then, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see whether your second attempt to reach your Sire is more successful than the first.

One question though... you said Kersten might be in torpor, or staked.  I can understand how one can't respond to your call while in torpor.  However, I was, um, staked once, to show me how it felt.  Not pleasant.  Yet while I couldn't move, or use any powers, my mind was still active.  I don't know anything about your ritual, but I'm betting he's not simply staked.
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:46 pm

William takes off the necklace after untangling it with one which carried a red bauble and gave it to Claudia, while looking at Duncan. "That's the problem with magic, you never quite know what you're going to get, and the results can vary if there is even the smallest change or error. Maybe being staked interferes more with you than you can guess at first glance."
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Fred begins wandering off and inspecting the haven while the others are talking.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Claudia frowns as Fred moves to leave the living room. She takes the cross handled to her, and keeps it in her hand.
(Claudia) I've got sleeping kine here, Fred, so stay here, would you ?

She nods at Duncan, listening to the story, understanding.
(Claudia) It's true that it's just immobilization, yet intellectual activities... I was lucky not to go through that process, I know it's frustrating (which is why it's punishment..), but this is not a ritual I use often enough to get all its shades. Lord Tarcisus would know best to answer these questions.

She laughs a little, a bit embarrassed.
(Claudia) Either way we won't discuss thaumaturgical theories here, will we ?.. Speaking of which, William you should call the Chantry and let them know whether you'll spend the day there or here. Mikael is certainly stressed enough.

As she says so she indicates her smartphone on the dining table.

Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Ah, my apologies.
I'll sit down quietly until my assistance is needed.

Fred does as promised and seats himself at the nearest couch/chair/sofa/whatever.
If none are available, he'll sit on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Several are available as seen on the house map and video Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:03 pm

ST:
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 4:37 pm

William nods with a sigh he gets up and walks to the other side of the room muttering, "Yes I guess the Chantry is on high alert now, I guess..."

Walking up to the table, he picks up the phone for a moment and studies it while turning his back to the group. "What is it with French Tremere and Apple products? You would think that with a technomere as a regent, the rest would at least have some idea on what to not waste you money on. Then again, considering, the apple products do have a more dummy proof user interface. Not by much, but still..."

ST:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Claudia shrugs when Apple is mentioned.
(Claudia) If century old societies have to worry about paying double the price for something like a phone, it's too much energy to save up a dime. I bought what was advised to me and it works fine for what I need to do with it. Oh, and don't imply such words.

Money isn't the issue in most Tremere chantries it seems, at least not for basic useful objects.. Buying a building every other day is another issue. Claudia didn't like being called dummy, oddly !

William:
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Nyx watched the interactions quietly but she certainly seemed interested in what the others were like when they spoke to one another. When she finds another gap in the conversation she asks her next question.

Is Loïc your Ghoul?
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:25 pm

Duncan listens to William and Claudia discuss how some things, like being staked, might affect a ritual; but the Brujah doesn't comment -- they obviously don't know in this case.

As William uses Claudia's phone to call their chantry, Duncan looks to the others in his group and asks quietly:

So are we spending the day here then?

While they think about his queston, Duncan hears Nyx ask whether Loic is a ghoul.  He hasn't asked the question himself, although from the way his attention shifts to Claudia, he is interested in the answer.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:54 am

When Duncan mentioned spending the day in the flat she immediately dug into her pocket to check the time on her phone, though she didn't show her feelings on remaining there until tomorrow night. 
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:58 am

The Tremere looks shocked at the question and responds accordingly.
(Claudia) Lord no! Even if I was allowed to ghoul someone.. He is just a child. No, blood bonds are far too risky.

It's almost 5. Claudia gives a glance at Fred, then at the others, before addressing them as a whole (except William who is on the phone).
(Claudia) You still haven't told me whether you found about the.. Item. What has happened ?
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 8:43 am

William held the phone from his ear a moment as someone responded quite loudly.
"No, alas last time I checked, it was still William, sir Horsman, Altho Claudia is sitting right behind me."
The neonate gave a short wink at his older clansmate and returned his focus back to the phone, "Alas there was no avail in the efforts, when she tried to contact Regent Kersten, Nothing happened. As in, Nothing at all, no noes, no feedback from final death, nothing. However, she is going to try again with the cross Lyle gave me to verify my identity story, which I presume is quite a personal item, as to rule out a faulty component. Ohh, and the actual reason I called was to let Anson... or well the Chantry know that I'll be staying here for the day."

He frowned for a moment, then pressed the mute microphone button while keeping the phone to his ear.
"A kine in the flat? Is that a good idea with a Nosferatu in the house, I presume, " He looked at Nyx, " That you cannot maintain your mask during daylight induced torpor, am I correct? Maybe we should hide you in the broom closet."
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 am

William:

Right as her presence is mentioned, the Tremere freezes an instant, then signs no with both her hands and her head.
(Claudia) Tell him I'll call him later. And no, a Nosferatu is no more an issue than a bunch of corpses. This is why I have rooms with locks. Loic will be gone before we fall asleep and he will be back after we have woken anyway. Plus I'm sure Nyx would rather have a bed like everyone else, hm?

She glances at Nyx for confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:20 am

Duncan nods slightly as Claudia denies that Loic is a ghoul.  In fact, part of her statement causes him to raise an eyebrow; but if he has a question it is forestalled by Claudia's inquiry about the item.  Duncan grins at William's suggestion that Nyx spend the day in a broom closet... he doesn't need to look at her to guess this won't go over well.

The young Brujah waits for Claudia to finish her instructions to William, and then he sighs -- a purely human affectation, since he doesn't breathe.  Duncan gives a significant glance toward Nyx, before he answers Claudia in a low tone that will not disturb William's call.

A deal has been struck that will allow us to search for the item underneath Theodore Jacob's domain, in Nosferatu territory... a search which I assume is still necessary, despite your grandsire making a big deal about presenting the Prince with a bauble in Elysium.  At least, nobody has said anything about calling off the hunt.  The official story is a bit unclear to me; whether this item presented was a decoy, to convince the enemy that the object of their search has been recovered, or whether the item is actually several pieces and the bracelet Tarcisus handed Gosuin was only one of them.  You'd have to ask your clan mate for clarification on that.
Duncan indicates William with a nod of his head, before turning back to Claudia.

We will have to finish our deal with the Nosferatu before they'll give us a guided tour of their underground, though.  That is where we stand at present.
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:23 am

William frowns as Claudia directs him on what to tell Mikael, but without missing a beat, presses on the unmute button and continues, not waiting for Nyx's confirmation and a raised eyebrow for Duncan.
"Claudia is currently doing the ritual as we speak, which is why I'm using Claudia's phone to begin with. I shall ask her to call you back later once she is finished, the night is old and sadly there isn't a pause button for these kinds of activities."
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Nyx listened to Claudia carefully when she explained about the Kine but before she could ask further the conversation had moved on again. She shrugged at William's question, she didn't know, it's not like she monitored herself once she had fallen into torpor. Either way she didn't seem hurt or upset by William's comment about sticking her in a broom cupboard.

She does seem surprised that Claudia would be as thoughtful as she was of her comfort.

..Umm, if it's inconveniant I can go back to my Haven...

Duncan changed the topic on to her Clan and the artifact issue, she said nothing, wanting to remain as neutral as possible. Though she was Nosferatu she certainly didn't make any decisions for the Clan as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Fred stands up.
Ah! I can do the same if necessary, perhaps offer housing for anyone else interested?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:25 pm

William:

Claudia nods, thanking William for the excuse with a smile. She denies Nyx's backing off and smiles at Fred's proposal.
(Claudia) I offered Hospitality, there's no problem. I took this apartment with this kind of situations in mind, even if you're the first Nosferatu I'll house, and you the first Malkavian, there's nothing to worry about.

She smiles to show she means it, and nods, returning back to Duncan and the "bauble" with a chuckle as she could see the scene.
(Claudia) A big deal, uh? For how long did he bore them with historical details?

She implies it must have been long, so it's not really a question, although she seems curious to get the neonate's perception of it.
(Claudia) I suppose the idea was to protect Theo's domain from more nosy intruders ; if it wasn't the main idea, at least it's a pleasant side effect. If the whole city becomes aware that there might be some object in there, I suspect it'll end poorly. By saying "we have it, here it is, there's nothing to find, now get back to work", everyone returns to business as usual. That is, everyone but you guys. This situation arranges both Theo, he gets some vague sense of peace and doesn't get kindred from Toulouse, Paris or even Spain to stalk his territory, and our clan, as we can work without having to have half of France's kindred going berserk for this item.

She glances at Nyx, with a certain pity and compassion.
(Claudia) The only issue is your clan being on the way, but if you've managed to negotiate favors and find a peaceful and civilized solution, then it's for the best. I don't know much more about it than you do, Duncan, I didn't exist when the incident happen, and while I heard them ramble about it a little, they started to ramble more about the bombings and the anarch cell..

Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Fred nods when Claudia assures the party that they are not unwelcome.
Very well then, kindly pardon my intrusion and accept my gratitude for allowing my presence in your haven over daylight hours.
I shall repay this kind service in any way suiting when I find an opportunity to do so.

Fred bows towards Claudia respectfully and then moves a bit closer to the corner of the room to allow the rest of the party to continue their important talk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)   Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Claudia's (17 quai des chartrons)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Roleplaying Area :: Havens :: NPC Havens-
Jump to: