Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do it for teh lulz

Go down 
+11
Nachtrae
ThePhilosopher
Sio
LordNoir
Eliza
Childe of Malkav
Claudia
eye of the divine
Bloodywolf
PGM1961
Voraxith
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 2:26 pm

The commitment is no problem for me, because I enjoy the game.  (Brujah craves a fight tho.   Twisted Evil )  I can't post as often as Bloody, but I do try to check the forum several times a day to see whether anyone has posted, either in the game or the regular chat.  I don't have any alerts set up, though... too disruptive.

Nobody is asking you to post as often as William/Bloodywolf.  That's crazy.  Smile  Karavolos posted that Fred was basically just sitting and listening, so he has a good reason not to post unless someone speaks directly to him.  However, when I'm in a conversation with someone I try to check frequently to see whether they have replied.  I don't want them to wait too long for me.

It's also easy for me, because I have a good feel for my character's personality.  Been playing him long enough; I should.  I just slip into Duncan mode mentally, and teh wordz come out.  (Duncan is basically me; just less cynical & grumpy, and more paranoid.  LOL)
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 3:04 pm

Duncan.Oliver wrote:
Karavolos posted that Fred was basically just sitting and listening, so he has a good reason not to post unless someone speaks directly to him.

Pretty much.
I sometimes run out of things to say/do which has me freeze up for a moment as I try to think a reason not to just sit around by myself somewhere. When I have something to do though, it's generally not a problem to have at least one or two posts a day.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:42 am

Well, I've been trying to just keep up with all the posts in the last weeks, seeing how my theatre production and the exams this week drain pretty much any motivation I have for doing something creative. But that should be over in a few days, so I'll be more active. It's not like Corinna is someone who'd do a lot of talking anyway, though hogging the Prince's office is not the best thing to do for two weeks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:46 am

Maybe's she's snogging with the Prince... Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:54 am

Bloodywolf wrote:
Maybe's she's snogging with the Prince... Twisted Evil 

The plot thickens.
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 8:14 am

The stakes have been 'raised' :-p
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 8:31 am

Duncan hasn't raised any stakes in a long... oh, you mean 'stakes' like in poker. Never mind.

So Corinna and the Prince are making out? Interesting. Or, as Neb calls her, 'Coronia'. CoNarnia? Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 8:34 am

Corhebad^foejâhfnip-na
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Okay I'm confused now, what does one have to do to be considered a true Harpy?
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Harpy is a job in a Camarilla court.  They are usually self-appointed, because it's not a job you are given or voted into (usually).  They keep track of status, favors owed between vampires, etc..  They also note any breaches of etiquette displayed by the vampires in that city.  They can be fair or biased, honorable or spiteful, or anything in between.

Jean-Pierre Griffin (Tremere) is a stickler for rules, because he obviously believes that these rules of etiquette keep the city civilized.  (That's how he strikes me.)  So he's a Harpy.

When Alicia Vanderstree (Toreador) was presented, she became a Harpy almost immediately when she humiliated her sire.  He thought he was Embracing a promising young author; but she was really a ghost writer for a book written by Gregory Darvault.  She seems more concerned with punishing any faux pas she witnesses, than upholding any rules.

Neve Rosetti (Ventrue) is another harpy, similar to Alicia in temperament.

Those three are the only harpies I remember reading about in Claudia's background for Bordeaux.  They may seem useless, but you actually should tell them when you owe someone a boon, or vice-versa, so they can keep track.  Also, they have the power to alter your status in Camarilla society by spreading truth/rumors about you, and praising/slandering your good name. (Kind of like a Kindred credit report.)  Piss them off at your peril.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 2:13 am

What Duncan said Smile

Harpies also keep logs of the city and in certain cases they also communicate with other cities' harpies to check if someone's story is right. "He's really the childe of..?"

Their job consist in reminding faux pas so kindred don't get too full of themselves (a bit like journalists calling BS on people's shit in public). Of course trading boons can be done without them, but with them it's like having a written contract : you're sure there's a trace and that the i won't play dumb.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 3:27 am

Also, I should note that my brief personality summary about Bordeaux's harpies is taken from Claudia's background section, and my (i.e. Duncan's) limited experience with them in Elysium and elsewhere. The snarky females may have their good sides, and Griffin may be biased on certain issues. Only Claudia knows.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 6:30 am

Means you understood what I wrote quite well :3

They're all biased somehow, there's no such thing as perfect people :p

Neve seems to be in higher circles so neonates generally don't hear much about her.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 6:39 am

Duncan wants to make the rounds and introduce himself to Kindred he didn't meet on his first night in Elysium. Primogen first, then elders, harpies, etc. Although he may skip the Sheriff...
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 6:44 am

XD
Poor Lambert.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:13 am

I think someone is a bit scared of Uncle Lambert  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:09 am

Sometimes a little fear is a healthy thing.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:28 am

Which is why the Tremere and the Malkavian are insane : they're kinda fearless.
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:31 am

Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 XuHd8qU

I take objection to that statement! We're not kinda fearless....

We're lotsa fearless.

Last edited by Bloodywolf on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 am

No "objection !" Meme ??

Me disappoints !

Btw !

Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 Sketch_page_claudia_and_lyle_by_blackbirdink-d76ax6j
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:36 am

You kind of look like the female lead in nightmare before Xmas on that drawing on the top left :-o

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:38 am

<----- Has reasons to be leery of Lambert.  William knows why.

Fearless is one thing; crazy is another.  And we're talking 'cuh-ray-zee!!!', like only Malkavians can do it.

Nice drawing. But the 'real' Lyle's hair is darker... and curlier, I believe. Or am I remembering those LARP pics wrong?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:43 am

Yeah I don't know I say "brown" and people usually go blonde XD

But the LARP Lyle's hair changes depending on light (it sometimes even look very brown...)

The curls depend on humidity and brushing : everything before the.. Bobble is usually pretty straight.
Now I iron it all anyway :3
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:45 am

Lyle is looking like the token Disney villain-interested-in-the-princess.
Also you look fucking creepy Clauds. might wanna close your eyelids a bit.

Lambert is a true christian. You can't talk shit to him.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:53 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Lyle is looking like the token Disney villain-interested-in-the-princess.
Also you look fucking creepy Clauds. might wanna close your eyelids a bit.

Lambert is a true christian. You can't talk shit to him.

LOL  Actually the pics resemble Claudia's and Lyle's human avatars (i.e. Emmanuelle and Oli).  Except Claudia doesn't have thick glasses.  And Lyle's pic also resembles Duncan's pic by the same artist.  I think both men look like Disney's Tarzan; although Lyle may look like Jafar a little too.  Smile

You remind me of an old quote (don't remember the source): "Facts cannot sway him in the face of higher truth."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do it for teh lulz   Do it for teh lulz - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do it for teh lulz
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next