Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wobwka
Fledgling
Fledgling

Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release) Empty
PostSubject: Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release)   Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release) EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:47 am

Hey, I recently installed the newest Camarilla Mod(final release), and seem to have gotten stuck in a bug possibly.

After receiving the quest from Gary, to speak w/ Ming Xiao in china-town. I headed over and spoke w/ her inquiring about the hengyokai and etc, however when you try to leave the temple. It'll show a loading screen, however after the loading screen it just shows chinatown, w/ the NPC's visible. However the character cannot perform any actions and you cannot pull up anything except by pressing "Esc", and loading an older save file.

I've tried completing other quests and coming back to this, as well as rebooting, and changing hubs. Seem to be stuck there.

I've also tried uninstalling, than reinstalling the game + final release mod.

Any advice on what to do?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release)   Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release) EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 am

Sory, no idea what causes the Tong cutscene not playing in your game. I've never made any changes there.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release)   Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release) EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 6:09 am

Tried going 3-5 saves back, not the most recent ones?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release)   Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release) EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:12 pm

This has been covered in other threads, but did you install the final release version over an existing Camarilla Edition game?  You should have installed a clean version of the original game, and then installed the Camarilla Edition final release over that.  If you install an updated version over a previous version, it can lose certain files and do weird things like you describe.  The fact that I've never heard of this particular bug makes me think this is what happened.

Also, don't use previous saved games in an updated game, or it will mess up the quests and break the game.

I always keep the original version of the game separate, and then just copy those files to another folder with a new name.  Then I install the updated version to that folder.  This means I can have several versions of the game on my computer at the same time, and they don't screw each other up.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release)   Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release) EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:31 am

Hm, I'd think one of the last save files got corrupted. That happens sometimes. So try what Feral suggested. Go back more than one save.
And of course PGM is also right. Never use an old save file for a new mod!

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release)   Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release) Empty

Back to top Go down

Issue leaving temple after speaking w/ Ming Xiao (Camarilla Final Release)
Page 1 of 1