Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
watson84
Fledgling
Fledgling

Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up? Empty
PostSubject: Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up?   Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Ive been loving the changes in this mod patch. Theres just a couple things I thought could be beefed up if its feasible... The battle with Bach and the battle with the Tzimisce (in Hallowbrook) could be made more difficult by making Obfuscate less effective.

In Bach's case I realized I should just take some pot shots with the sniper rifle from the comfortable position of being invisible and having the time to pick my shot.. this could be made difficult by adding some kind of script that makes him decide that after a certain period of time he should teleport no matter what is going on.

For the final tzimisce battle I found it strange that his lesser minions all throughout Hallowbrook could detect and expose my obfuscate while he could not... giving me the opportunities to inflict enormous damage on him... and yes some could say that he is an advanced Gangrel and doesn't have auspex , but to that I would say to that he is some old tzimisce lord and could be believed to have his own set of talents.

I think the other people, besides Bach and the Tzimisce, who were dispatched rather easily with Obfuscate justifies the points in getting it to the 5th degree.. but those 2 especially I found it actually rather easy to take them down with Obs 5 and Blood Buff 5.

Two things in closing.. One, I still greatly enjoyed this mod patch and plan to play a Gangrel now to go on rampages and lose control and let what consequences that may come come... and lastly if its possible I think the... vampire egyptian woman who eats people should also be beefed up somehow... I clubbed her down with the sledgehammer rather easily. I don't think she even inflicted a point of dmg on me, unfortunately.

Keep up the good work! And and I realize (and hope others realize) there must be a great deal of work and restrictions involved in what you can actually realistically DO to the game, but what you've done so far is absolutely exceptional and has reinvigorated many people's interest in the game.

Rock On!
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up?   Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 pm

You could just not use obfuscate Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up?   Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Watson,

Some boss battles are going to be easier or harder depending on how you build your character. Take for example: PC Nosferatu vs. Bishop Vick who is sporting level 3-4 Auspex, he can detect you a mile away making a sneak attack extremely difficult to get on him as he's constantly looking around when he's not moving.

Or of course your battle with the Tzimisce which was significantly easier because of your build where as he's very difficult with different builds where as those same builds might have an easier time taking down Bishop Vick.

It just comes with the territory with an RPG. When I get back to modding CE I will take a look at what I can do but I don't want to upset the balance or I'll start getting "Boss fights are too hard" threads.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
watson84
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up?   Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:06 pm

Very true, it might be a double edged sword so to speak... Ive dumped a good 20hrs into this mod and I love it. Absolutely outstanding work. You know strangely enough the changed club music really makes such a big difference, I can sit back and smoke a little something and ill for a bit whilst my humanity gets back on track instead of, before the mod, racing through the club/bar to avoid its horrible music!

Id still recommend beefing up the human-eater woman in the Downtown abandoned hospital, though. The reason being that its an optional encounter. I clubbed her down with a sledgehammer because I was hoping for the rush of a dangerous fight considering she seems like some Egyptian death studier. I think many people would be looking for a similar thing... or, they're playing the purist and slaying the cannibal, or- after the quests- their thin digital skin has been wounded by her saying that the trades and hard work to give her the artifacts she wants means nothing to her beyond a transaction and they want to set her spoiled ass straight, Whatever the reason, she is as bad-ass as a tzimisce imo in her own filthy cannibal way and if its not too much work making her far more dangerous it may be a worthwhile adjustment.

But, no matter what, what a great time I've had with all these changes... Awesome job! T00BuLeR Mannnnn Razz And most importantly, really, I was able to play the game entirely through without any critical bugs destroying my fun and frustrating me to no end, whilst using the Direct2Drive.com version- which is occasionally prone to crucial problems that mod people simply don't have the energy or time to fix considering they designed their stuff for store-bought products.

What a F-Ing good job! Hope you keep making mods for other games!

Mass Effect, anyone? Wink
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up?   Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:32 am

Watson,

I just got your PM about Mass Effect and I responded, you made me laugh! Smile

Ya know it's funny I was reading all about the Nagaraja (Flesh Eaters) some time ago when I was doing research on the African Bloodlines. Most clans including the other African clans stay away from them though I can't imagine why, lol. The have Auspex and Dominate like the Tremere but instead of Thaumaturgy they have Necromancy instead which I believe is their main offensive discipline.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagaraja_(World_of_Darkness)[/url]

When I fought her last time she summoned about 10 zombies to come after me. I had to keep running around so they wouldn't eat my brain so that was fun. From then on I decided I could get better XP and loot if I just ran the quests instead of fighting her, so I don't attack her anymore.

How would you suggest we beef her up? More Hitpoints or stronger attacks? I don't know if I could do this but allowing her to use the new dominate disciplines on the PC might work though I've never seen a NPC use Dominate on my before.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up?   Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can a Couple Crucial fights be Beefed up?
Page 1 of 1