Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

technical problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 7:21 am

I found a few problems.
On the maps mostly minor things, but for some I need info from you:
-la_empire_2: two mafia guys (patrol_guy and tv_guy) have a knife and a gun as "additionalequipment". What shall it be, knife, glock/ithaca, or both?
-sm_hub_1: Are the claws for Bertram intended?
-sm_warehouse: Are the two Sabbat bosmonsters or not?

Then I found a few missing { and " in Silvia's dialog and stats.txt.

And more importantly, in two bank-hacking passwords you had " and }. I foud them in Sinbin and netcafe.

Once I have the info for the map questions, I'll send you the files where changes were necesary.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Quote :
-la_empire_2: two mafia guys (patrol_guy and tv_guy) have a knife and a gun as "additionalequipment". What shall it be, knife, glock/ithaca, or both?
-sm_hub_1: Are the claws for Bertram intended?
-sm_warehouse: Are the two Sabbat bosmonsters or not?

Troika must have given Patrol/TV guy 2 weapons. It's never been a problem before however, generally if they are far back they will shoot at you, but if you attack them melee they switch to their knives. Should I test this further?

Troika gave those claws to Bertram, or Wesp did in the patches, not sure. I can swap out the claws for a different weapon, perhaps a bush hook?

Yes, those 2 Sabbat are Antitribu bosses, one is a Toreador Antitribu and the other is a Gangrel Antitribu.

Quote :

And more importantly, in two bank-hacking passwords you had " and }. I foud them in Sinbin and netcafe.

I'm looking into these now.

Thanks for your time on these by the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Quote :

I put regular letters/numbers in replace of the " and } symbols. Thanks for spotting these Malkav, I didn't even realize that I can't use those symbols in the text file or it would screw things up. Good find Malkav!!

You know I love you right? I love you

Quote :

For the life of me I can't find any missing " symbols, all of the conditions that use " are in pairs and look okay. Where did you see these? The { is everyone so it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Sad
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 3:45 pm

The missing opening braces are in Silvia's dialog, and the " in stats.txt. I'll make the changes so that the russians can use both weapons, Bertram keeps the claws, and the Sabbat are boss. Then I'll pack the relevant files and send them back to you.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 3:59 pm

YOU ARE THE BOMB DIGGITY! You should be on the TCI team, lol. Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:48 pm

email should be there by now

If you want to know how I found these things so fast, VTMBe, a program that comes with the SDK does the trick.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:52 pm

You rock, I'll check it out.

Got it! I'm looking at it now, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:09 pm

I took care of stats and silvia's dialogue. Silvia's dialogue might have been broken had you not spotted that, great job!

I'll have to compile the maps at home though, I'm at work right now. I'm going to check out the SDK, that program seems sweet.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:22 pm

I've done some more tests with the asylum music. It seems your method works better than what I had in mind.

For the maps, I sent you the bsp files, not just the entity lists.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:50 pm

Good to know, saves me from having to test it when I get home from work tonight. Thanks Malk.

Cool, I'll still probably open the .bsp to see what all you've done. What weapons did you give them, glocks, shotguns?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 6:56 pm

The tv guy had a knife and a glock, the patrol guy a knife and a shotgun. Only problem was, both weapons were set as "additionalequipment", so they could only use the knife as that was the second one. I changed that to "alternateequipment" for the knife, so they can use both.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Perfect, I added your changes to the map but can't compile it until I get home. Only 2 hours left and I can go home and integrate all of the changes on my thumb drive over to my "Installer Built" files. Then I can rebuild the installer, both 1.3 Full and 1.3 Update.

We're soooo close to releasing this, I'm peeing my pantaloons! bounce
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 4:57 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
We're soooo close to releasing this, I'm peeing my pantaloons! bounce
Then do me a favor, don't add them to the download file. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:48 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

I'm planning on including my piss filled pantaloons for whoever orders the 'Special Addition' version of TFN 1.3 with the boxed package. You get the game, a new map of the old game LOL, and my piss filled pantaloons.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

I'm planning on including my piss filled pantaloons for whoever orders the 'Special Addition' version of TFN 1.3 with the boxed package. You get the game, a new map of the old game LOL, and my piss filled pantaloons.
Limited edition. Special gift for the snake.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Limited edition. Special gift for the snake.

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Pffff, you can pass the salt for my... snake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

technical problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: technical problems   technical problems Empty

Back to top Go down

technical problems
Page 1 of 1