Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

clean install?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Clerkin2010
Fledgling
Fledgling
Clerkin2010

clean install? Empty
PostSubject: clean install?   clean install? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:25 pm

I was just wondering if it was totally necesary if a clean install was really needed, not that its too much bother i was just wondering and that if it is necesary could you please explain why thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

clean install? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clean install?   clean install? EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 pm

It depends what you had been running before. The problem is that every mod changes different files, and if there are remains from your last install, it can lead to unpredictable results.

even after about 5 years of patching and modding, there is still a shitload of unpredictable issues like the famous Skyline elevator button, all due to the early version of the game engine Troika used.

So if you don't use a clean install, you might get as far as Holly wood, and then the game crashes for no appearent reason, or you can't even get into the tutorial, or nothing happens at all. You just can't say. affraid

I'd allways use a clean copy for a new mod or a new version of wesps patches. Especially if you want to install CE and your previous installation had a newer version of wesps patches than 6.5, it will most probably cause some issues.

If you want to try differnt mods, and have enough disc space, you can keep a clean install, and make copies into another directory for every mod you want to try. If you like that mod, you keep it, if you don't like it, just toss it overboard.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Clerkin2010
Fledgling
Fledgling
Clerkin2010

clean install? Empty
PostSubject: thanks Childe of Malkav   clean install? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Ok thanks that was really helpful so i guess i reinstall just to be on the safe side so thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

clean install? Empty
PostSubject: Re: clean install?   clean install? Empty

Back to top Go down

clean install?
Page 1 of 1