Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Various interesting stuff

Go down 
+6
ThePhilosopher
Dragatus
malak
SaulottheGentle
Childe of Malkav
Garlik
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

Various interesting stuff - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 3:54 am

Cretino wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Do you go for the driving license with a bribe for the lowest clerk?
So far, I tried it without cheats. 6 times. Next monday I will try the seventh time; if I fail, I will bribe the hell out of them (like everyone else I guess).

Going for the actual papers, not failing the tests like a little blond girl you are!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Cretino wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Do you go for the driving license with a bribe for the lowest clerk?
So far, I tried it without cheats. 6 times. Next monday I will try the seventh time; if I fail, I will bribe the hell out of them (like everyone else I guess).

Going for the actual papers, not failing the tests like a little blond girl you are!

Nothing to make fun at, In Poland it works the same...
And you can't take your pet AK-74 with you to bring you luck, like in Russia...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 4:34 am

I call bull, I had no problem getting my papers, got through school, did the test -one of the few times I actually studied- and am driving ever since.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 4:45 am

Various interesting stuff - Page 28 AnjGN2B_700b
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 9:57 am

Bitches love them genocidal dictators
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 12:39 pm

That last picture of Castro looks a bit off. I'm pretty sure it's photoshopped.

Also, I knew Castro was a dictator with all the oppression of political dissidents that comes along with that, but I didn't realize he was genocidal. What ethnic minority did he try to wipe out? Wink
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 1:20 pm

Dragatus wrote:
That last picture of Castro looks a bit off. I'm pretty sure it's photoshopped.

Also, I knew Castro was a dictator with all the oppression of political dissidents that comes along with that, but I didn't realize he was genocidal. What ethnic minority did he try to wipe out? Wink

Those darn Cubans, I guess... Cool
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 1:56 pm

I used genocide in the sense that he killed thousands, not in the sense that he specifically targeted an ethnic group. Does genocide only refers to ethnic groups? scratch
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 pm

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/genocide

The word genocide literally means "race/tribe killing" so by logic it should only be used when targeting an ethnic group. People keep using it for generic murder of thousands of people, but that's incorrect. I would propose something like megacide (great killing) to be used instead in those cases.

Or we could use scientific prefixes and if you kill at least a thousand it's kilocide, if you kill at least a million it's megacide, and if you kill a billion people it's gigacide. There currently aren't enough people alive to commit teracide.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 2:25 pm

I don't even
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 2:38 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Dragatus wrote:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/genocide

The word genocide literally means "race/tribe killing" so by logic it should only be used when targeting an ethnic group. People keep using it for generic murder of thousands of people, but that's incorrect. I would propose something like megacide (great killing) to be used instead in those cases.

Or we could use scientific prefixes and if you kill at least a thousand it's kilocide, if you kill at least a million it's megacide, and if you kill a billion people it's gigacide. There currently aren't enough people alive to commit teracide.
Cool.
Speaking of which:

I can't remember if I already posted it, so, there you go!
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 3:05 pm

You did. Yesterday. It's the first post on this page. We just all saw it before.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Dragatus wrote:

Are you an German engineer? lol!
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 8:44 pm

Wiktionary wrote:
genocide (countable and uncountable, plural genocides)

The systematic killing of substantial numbers of people on the basis of their ethnicity, religion, political beliefs, social status, or other particularities. quotations ▼
   (by extension) The systematic suppression of ideas on the basis of cultural or ethnic origin; culturicide. quotations ▼

So I still think that an dictator killing thousands of those who are against his regime can fall under genocide.

But hey, arguing semantics is boring and the name of this topic is "various interesting stuff"

So here, have some insteresting stuff

Various interesting stuff - Page 28 Sunny_4

https://giant.gfycat.com/FragrantRemarkableIrishredandwhitesetter.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/WelltodoReliableAlpinegoat.webm
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 4:52 am

That's not interesting. That's just some sluts. This is interesting:
https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/ar5x5y6_460sv.mp4
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 5:01 am

Feral wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Are you an German engineer? lol!

I'll take that as a compliment. Very Happy

Poor Germans. You start a world war and kill millions and people think you're some kind of monster for decades afterwards.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Wiktionary wrote:
genocide (countable and uncountable, plural genocides)

The systematic killing of substantial numbers of people on the basis of their ethnicity, religion, political beliefs, social status, or other particularities. quotations ▼
   (by extension) The systematic suppression of ideas on the basis of cultural or ethnic origin; culturicide. quotations ▼

So I still think that an dictator killing thousands of those who are against his regime can fall under genocide.

Huh, I missed that. I guess it's not wrong then, but it still sounds off to me. And I got a little attached to the new words I coined. Sad

The videos are relevant to my interests though.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 5:20 am

Dragatus wrote:

The videos are relevant to my interests though.

Philo's or Jad's? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 4:18 pm

Try to guess.

https://www.slavorum.org/montenegro-and-japan-singed-ww2-peace-treaty-only-10-years-ago/
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Try to guess.

https://www.slavorum.org/montenegro-and-japan-singed-ww2-peace-treaty-only-10-years-ago/

Jad's?

Much wow... It was more serious than the Dutch-Scilly war, after all...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Various interesting stuff - Page 28 AY4Rojq_700b_v1

This is actually a true though often overlooked reason why time travel is not possible...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 4:02 am

That's a really good point.

Meanwhile in the world of crypto: https://futurism.com/mastercard-announces-that-payments-can-now-be-made-on-blockchain/
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 4:55 am

Traditional banking is slowly phased out, it seems... Smarter corporate players jump on the departing train, though.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 5:04 am

Allright: blockchain is an encrypted database that keeps record of transactions. What's the big deal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Various interesting stuff   Various interesting stuff - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Various interesting stuff
Page 28 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next