Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Garlik
Neonate
Neonate

If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character? Empty
PostSubject: If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character?   If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 2:22 pm

I'm reposting my topic from GameFAQs since I'm interested in your opinions.

If/when we get a sequel, how would you like it to be made?
As in would you like it more so that you control a single character, or a team of characters.

I was watching Let's Play VTM Redemption recently and it got me thinking, which one is better.

From PnP point of view, it makes more sense to control a team than a single character.

From the way story was set up in VTMB, including majority of missions, single character works better.
Especially if you take Nosferatu or Malkavian into consideration.

However team members can always be used for good story telling opportunity and world fluff, as well as more emotional involvement.

And they're more or less equally good options imo...

I do think that some of the things you achieve in VTMB are a bit too big for a single vampire (few months ago someone proposed a theory that your character is actually of a higher generation than usual 13th, which would explain it (even tho story and stats don't reflect it)), but not nearly as big as other RPGs, plus almost all missions in the game are coined so that one character works better, so... I'm kinda fine with it, and would probably prefer it X_x. Plus team option usually forces you to take characters you need rather than those you want, so I always hate that.

(Let's forget for a moment bad team AI that usually plagues games)
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character?   If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 3:38 pm

A Bloodlines sequel should be 1st person game where you control a single character. Leave the party based RPG for the Redemption sequel.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character?   If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 4:11 pm

I would prefer a single character, but a bit like Skyrim: you control one character, but could have follower(s). It would be best for it to be possible but not necessary to finish main quest. Side quests could be tailored: e.g. you have to infiltrate a farmhouse. Animals are sure to freak out, because they can sense a Cainite. But with a Gangrel or Nosferatu follower with Animalism... It should be also necessary to win over said followers first, Nosferatu or especially Assamites could be persuaded with money, of course...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character?   If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character? Empty

Back to top Go down

If/when we get a sequel, would you prefer a team or single character?
Page 1 of 1