Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character

Go down 
+14
mouser9169
akooma
Suketh
FallenRaven
Nezumi
Feral
UncleCruncle
Nosferatu's Childe
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
Shabutaro
Deukalion
Zer0Morph
jimbobion
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:47 am

so far I've stuck to one character, but then I'm rather single minded.. just to note, Salubri have a nice combo too.. Obeah 5 + blood buff + Fortitude = how the hell do I hurt this bastard!!

As for my original play-though I got Malk, from the quiz questions. Played through ruining everything for myself because my character knew what was happening before I did!! Still I ended up going for the Asian path.. Nothing like being strapped to a coffin and thrown into the ocean..Honestly, all I could think about was the were-sharks coming to kill me.. I'd be dead long before sunrise....
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:46 am

first play though was a gangrel love protean + fortitude + blood heal, it's a death machine add animalism 5 (CE) and nothing short of a nuke will stop you

first time i finished the game was with CE yes, it crashed when i was on my way to Ming Xiao and i lost 2 hours of play time Sad quit after that and begun when i found CE
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Nezumi wrote:
so far I've stuck to one character, but then I'm rather single minded.. just to note, Salubri have a nice combo too.. Obeah 5 + blood buff + Fortitude = how the hell do I hurt this bastard!!

Geez kid! What's your Bashing Soak Feat look like? 15? HAHAHA! I imagine bullets just bounce off you. That's a sick combo, Salubri FTW!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Nezumi wrote:

Geez kid! What's your Bashing Soak Feat look like? 15? HAHAHA! I imagine bullets just bounce off you. That's a sick combo, Salubri FTW!

Actually I haven't even needed to invest in fortitude yet.. as mentioned in another post, blood buff 4 + Obeah 5 + armors and items gave me a bash soak of 13! If I invested in fort as well that only gets higher.. hunter bullets seemed to warp around me, full on fire fight and I had time to slice and dice without much concern at all...did run away once though.. after about a minute or getting peppered with buckshot..>>
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:51 am

How dare you remind me of my first character in Bloodlines.. Took the quiz, got Nosferatu and didn't know why the hell i get Masquerade Violation all the time-.-' yea i couldn't speak english well that time.. i was like 10 years old and putted all my XP in Firearms.. LOL... Soon i was dead and yea.. cya game for bout 4 years until i learned english from other games^^ got back an made me a Tremere.. played till Chinatown.. got killed by Hangekyo(? forgot his name^^ the demon Yuki needs to kill) all time cuz i didn't know the you could freeze him.. well game paused.. found CE, made another Tremere and first playthrough, YAY! Smile

And now i can only say: Baali + lvl 4 Daimoinon + lvl 5 Presence + Firearms + Haggle + Inspection = WIN.. i wonder how many books i will be able to buy from Akeem, heheheee
Back to top Go down
Suketh
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Non-Clan disciplines   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:23 am

you know, in the P&P version one can spend experience points on "non-clan disciplines". I feel like if this were an option a players indecision to stick to one character would be decreased....
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:13 am

You are right Suketh. Just imagine a Ventrue with non-clan Thaumaturgy (acuired through favor currying with Usurpers), Mortis (Giovanni needed help with Cappadoccians), Auspex, Protean (to get away when things go awry as a cloud of mist or to lurk undeground), Potence and Celerity for self-explanatory reasons, perhaps Serpentis from dealing with your corrupted clan ( I take it your name is a hint to the Sand Snakes?), then add a ton of Contacts, Retinue, Famous Sire, Wealth and whatnot...
It would be lovely to name that guy Sebastian then Laughing

I'm positively sure Claudia would jump from joy to have such PC in a chronicle, no? lol!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:43 am

Well the mere fact of having a clan discipline at two or three is already uberleet powerful ! Shit, I know Vampires who have their three disciplines at level one and they are just as dangerous as any discipline empowered elder Wink

Srsly, if you want another discipline, you can get it through the console commands (and then spend XP on it), but you can't get them all.
Back to top Go down
Suketh
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Quote :

Srsly, if you want another discipline, you can get it through the console commands (and then spend XP on it), but you can't get them all.

Agreed, but I don't subscribe to the console commands. Just not my style. I think it would be kewl if you could earn some through quests or something of that nature. (Maybe a book?)

And yes, Feral, The blood of set flows in these veins...... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:38 pm

Feral wrote:
You are right Suketh. Just imagine a Ventrue with non-clan Thaumaturgy (acuired through favor currying with Usurpers), Mortis (Giovanni needed help with Cappadoccians), Auspex, Protean (to get away when things go awry as a cloud of mist or to lurk undeground), Potence and Celerity for self-explanatory reasons, perhaps Serpentis from dealing with your corrupted clan ( I take it your name is a hint to the Sand Snakes?), then add a ton of Contacts, Retinue, Famous Sire, Wealth and whatnot...
It would be lovely to name that guy Sebastian then Laughing
I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW!!! And with these rather limited abilities I was able to eliminate two shovelheads lol!
Quote :
I'm positively sure Claudia would jump from joy to have such PC in a chronicle, no? lol!

'pas de problem. There is always a bigger, meaner bastard around. Twisted Evil

For learning new disciplines, I have thought about that, too. But bloodlines allows for no more than six disciplines. So there isn't much room for choices. And then you have to find a teacher who has access to at least 4 disciplines, so that members of every clan can profit from the quest. And the quest would have to be somthing really extraordinary to warrant for a new discipline as a reward. scratch
Learning disciplines from a study ? Would that be the book of Nod, or the Necronomicon?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Suketh
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Quote :
Learning disciplines from a study ? Would that be the book of Nod, or the Necronomicon?

Mayhaps a nod fragment (many are known to exist) OR even (and yes, i realize the coding/ modding/ character study involved) by a cappadocian? OOOH, Lazarus (cappadocian elder that escaped the feast of folly and fled to Egypt) is rumored to know serpentice, soooo, an elder awakens and unleashes ages old Mortis on the unsuspecting kindred of modern LA! what ghoulish times this could bring...or even something to the extent of just introducing one of the disciplines like Mytherceria, (possessed by the Kiasyd, an offshoot of the Lasombra and embraced changelings) that is HARDLY ever mentioned... Just a thought....
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:03 am

You mean, an Erciyes fragment.

I don't think the Necronomicon would work, the characters don't have enough SAN points to spend xD

Maybe reading Voce della Morte (I don't care if that Pisha girl says Voce Del Morte, it's DELLA)... ?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:01 am

Maybe it's a stupid question, but what are SAN points?
Voce della Morte... Mayby for learning Nearomancy and/or Mortis and/or Thanatosis?
Thanks for the correct nameof the book. I apprieciete such things. Inherited German perfectionism... or Flaw: Obsessive - Compulsive Laughing
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:10 am

SAN points or Sanity points is what keeps you to become totally insane in Cthulhu's games Wink

Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 Arwedda-ur_sanity

Well, we don't need to be literal about it, but the book could give Auspex (seeing the unseen), Obfuscate or Animalism (so anyone can benefit from the book)

Random brainstorming is pure random
Back to top Go down
akooma
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:25 pm

I tried quite a few combinations in TFN but I end up sticking to the Assimite Wink

It like a swiss army knife of killing.

Silence of Death for stealth kill
Taste of death and baal's caress for some nasty melee action ( flavored by the choice of weapon Wink )
Auspex + sniper gun for some kill from a far
Celerity + Auspex for some bionic gun-fu...

Not my most social character, but I don't lack choice when it come to "solve" problem. Nice mix of range and melee discipline with good utilities.

Thanks for putting the assimite in that mod, a lot of fun.

Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Suketh wrote:
Quote :

Agreed, but I don't subscribe to the console commands. Just not my style. I think it would be kewl if you could earn some through quests or something of that nature. (Maybe a book?)

And yes, Feral, The blood of set flows in these veins...... Twisted Evil

You can get them by editing clandoc.txt.

If you assign 0 points to the skill, the first box costs you 10 xp.
Another note: you can assign them all if you want, but due to the GUI layout, you'll only be able to increase the top three rows - the window at the bottom covers the others.

One of the deadliest combo's I ever came up with with obfuscate + celerity + animalism. Stealth kill who you can, spirit wolf the rest, and celerity for when you just can't be bothered Smile Thaumaturgy works really well as a third as well (in place of either celerity or animalism actually) so you can keep your blood pool up. Blood boil just takes too bloody long jocolor but bloodshield and blood salvo are tremendous support powers. Nice if you want to just run through the game to see new dialogues. Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; and hear the lamentations of their women.

Might be interesting to try and find the "weakest" trio for a challenge.

Obfuscate is far and away my favorite discipline. I'll generally plan my starting stats so I can dump every point I get there till I max it out. Obfuscate level 5 and the world is your playground.

There's only two things I've never been able to do in the game - kill that bloody werewolf (actually just survive, I generally end up godmode'ing that part Crying or Very sad and catching the ladder at the start of warrens 2 (or 3?) before the circling jaws of death. Maybe it's something with my game controller there, because I've tried that way too many times to count and it just doesn't happen. Noclip up the ladder Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Other than that I don't do much with console. Well, except for money lol! but that's in auto.cfg.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:36 am

mouser9169 wrote:
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; and hear the lamentations of their women.
Funny you should say that... I just went to see the new Conan. Smile I thought it was pretty good. The first half is better than the second, and the plot's not really original; but neither were the ones with Arnold. All in all, quite entertaining, and faithful to the old Conan stories.

mouser9169 wrote:
There's only two things I've never been able to do in the game - kill that bloody werewolf (actually just survive, I generally end up godmode'ing that part Crying or Very sad and catching the ladder at the start of warrens 2 (or 3?) before the circling jaws of death. Maybe it's something with my game controller there, because I've tried that way too many times to count and it just doesn't happen. Noclip up the ladder Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The werewolf is unkillable, by any means but one*. Literally. Zer0Morph tried to change that for The Final Nights, and it didn't work... you could use any weapons or Disciplines all day long, in godmode, and the werewolf's health bar would never go down, even slightly. You are meant to either run and survive until the tram returns, or squish the beastie (*see a walkthrough if you don't already know what I'm talking about).

"catching the ladder... before the circling jaws of death." Do you mean the air shaft, above the fan blades? I never have any trouble with catching the ladder there, but you're going down... Or do you mean the area where the three-torso ghoul comes down out of the air vent, and you have to run for the ladder up to the catwalk? Either way, if you can't make the ladder, there is something wrong with your controls.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:00 am

Yea,
wolfie is a bit troublesome. I always lose my way in that blasted observatory...

In the warrens, I believe mouser is talking about the ladder out of the water right at the beginning. That's actually easy. Just make sure you're in running mode, and then as soon as the current moves you forward, turn to the left, keep your head up and don't stop moving until you're up the ladder.

So you're a money "cheater" How much silicon do you use? Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:16 pm

MY problem point is the warrens, the pump room... I've only made it ONCE on my own without hitting "noclip". I am so bad at that. But oh well. The fan thing, you can do that!! Just jump from pipe to pipe, then at the last pipe either jump down on the fan cross member or try and time it from the pipe. You'll likely get hit but if you have your health and some armor you should be alright. Might want to hit heal before you jump.

[edit]

OH! I should have read the followup post. He is talking about the first ladder. Just swim left the whole way, you'll get it.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:43 am

Yea, the timing in the pump room is a bit tricky. But by now I usually manage it first or second go, even without celerity.
The fan. Hm usually I can get down there with minimal damage. Sometimes though I just don't want to plot a careful course from pipe to pipe and risk the long jump. So far I have not miscalculated, but sometimes it was near terminal...
But that's no problem. By the time I get there, I have bloodheal at least at 2, and killed enough of Andrei's pets to have the odious chalice filled.

- geek
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Yea, the timing in the pump room is a bit tricky. But by now I usually manage it first or second go, even without celerity.
The fan. Hm usually I can get down there with minimal damage. Sometimes though I just don't want to plot a careful course from pipe to pipe and risk the long jump. So far I have not miscalculated, but sometimes it was near terminal...
But that's no problem. By the time I get there, I have bloodheal at least at 2, and killed enough of Andrei's pets to have the odious chalice filled.

- geek

Yeah, that's one of the places celerity really shines (or screams "I'm overpowered!" depending on your point of view).

The other place is the Ocean house - same tactic, you can celerity jump over the falling stairs and skip the whole "downstairs get the boiler room working" thing.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:04 pm

I used to do the stairs jump even without Celerity... Brings back memories of my first playthroughs. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:47 pm

the stair jump is perfectly possible without celerity
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:43 pm

Assuming you have any kind of hand eye coordination, which I don't have. Razz
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 4:48 pm

I confirm it's possible ! :-D

Tuishimi, That's what you get for being old ! >_> :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character   Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to stick to one character
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next