Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood timer (sorry)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
parmenion
Fledgling
Fledgling

Blood timer (sorry) Empty
PostSubject: Blood timer (sorry)   Blood timer (sorry) EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:33 am

Sorry for the bother, but how do I disable the blood timer? I checked the file described in the Manual, but it only says how to change it not disable it. I changed the counter to 480 since I don't want it to affect my game. It didn't work. I started a new game, but it still doesn't work. If I manage to disable the bloodtimer, would it be safe game compatible?
Back to top Go down
parmenion
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer (sorry)   Blood timer (sorry) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:02 pm

parmenion wrote:
Sorry for the bother, but how do I disable the blood timer? I checked the file described in the Manual, but it only says how to change it not disable it. I changed the counter to 480 since I don't want it to affect my game. It didn't work. I started a new game, but it still doesn't work. If I manage to disable the bloodtimer, would it be safe game compatible?

No one?! The guys who made the game? I am not an ungrateful bastard, but a yes or no should be available!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer (sorry)   Blood timer (sorry) EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Welcome to the forum, parmenion! Assamite, I recon?
I belive Malkav or Zer0 explained how to disable Bloodtimer somewhere on this forum. Centuries of sclerosis prevent me from telling you where... Sad
As for save game compatibility between games, that is a big NO.

https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t1118-missing-mailbox-in-new-haven

*sniffs*

Blood, I could feel it everywhere, I have to have it!

*frenzies*
Back to top Go down
parmenion
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer (sorry)   Blood timer (sorry) EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:48 am

Thank you very much, Feral! I did check the forums for disabling but couldn't find the appropriate threat.. I will try cheating with the blood meter.
P.S. Assamite?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer (sorry)   Blood timer (sorry) EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:32 pm

parmenion wrote:
Thank you very much, Feral! I did check the forums for disabling but couldn't find the appropriate threat.. I will try cheating with the blood meter.

Seems it was discussed in a threat that had title about something completely unrelated. Standard operating procedure on the forum Laughing Try googling "cammarilaedition bloodtimer" or use search option on the forum.

parmenion wrote:

P.S. Assamite?

Your name reminded me of Parmenides from Clan Novel series. No connection, I recon.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer (sorry)   Blood timer (sorry) EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:19 pm

There have been significant changes on the bloodtimer for CE 1.5. Anything that has been discussed earlier has only limited validity now.
And since the bloodloss for the college now directly depends on the bloodtimer, I'm not going to assist in changing it any longer.
You can learn level 5 abilities on the college now with a mere 6 research feat. But only with a heavy drain on your blood, and of course the large frenzy risc involved in this. And imo this has to stay in the game. So the bloodtimer has to stay as well.

- geek
Back to top Go down
parmenion
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer (sorry)   Blood timer (sorry) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:57 am

10x for the replies, guys! I decided to leave the bloodtimer intact. However, I now suffer sth else: absolutely unwaranted frenzies. My humanity and bloodpull are at about 3/4 full. It happense within a minute after I exit my haven in Santa Monica for the first time. The same also happened in the tutorial once!

P.S. I think I changed the subject of the thread. It seems I am fitting in Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer (sorry)   Blood timer (sorry) EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:36 am

Voraxith,
I have no idea why the stat didn't go up. If the college allows to study, success is guaranteed. I've played two entire games plus a lot of tests with the new college version, and never got this problem. For the huge bloodloss, that may be as intended. For dodge 2, if your research feat is 5, 40 minutes (10 bloodloss at stamina 1) is immediately added to your bloodcounter. For every point below, to the minimum of research 2 for low grade studies, 8 more minutes are added. This means in the worst case, you can have 17 bloodpoints gone, all in one go, if a regular bloodloss was also due. This will bring you down to a hypothetical blood level of -2, with guaranteed frenzy every 30 seconds.
If the problen insists, please start a new topic on it, and put in all info about the circumstances that you can give.

parmenion,
with no further info, I don't know what to say. Was this still the installation where you have tried to change the bloodtimer? In that case I suggest, you extract the mod into an empty temp directory, delete \vampire\python\vamputil.py and vamputil.pyc (the python script where the timer is located) from your game, and copy the vamputil.py from the "empty install" in the place of the deleted one. That should take care of any accidental errors caused by trying to remove the timer.
You were not engaged in combat at the frenzy times, I assume. You know that taking damage also can cause a frenzy, not only hunger.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer (sorry)   Blood timer (sorry) Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood timer (sorry)
Page 1 of 1