Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can we adjust the Blood Timer?

Go down 
+2
Stream1917
Zer0Morph
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Can we adjust the Blood Timer? Empty
PostSubject: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:28 pm

Original Posting by: Stream1917

Heya Zer0!

I just joined your forums here (dont know if your alone hosting them or if there are several ppl?), though id say hi! Smile

Ayways CE 1.1 looks awesome, downloading CE 1.0 right now for a tryout Smile

Also I have one question, is there a easy way to change the blood timer in CE 1.0? Im thinking i'll want to try with both faster and slower bloodloss then 3 minutes, which seems to be standard?

Anyways thx for bringing this awesome mod! If my question is in the wrong part of the forums or if you already answered this 100 times (or even once) on another forum please link me and excuse my noob-isch questions!

/Warm Greetings
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Stream,

I went ahead and created an "Ask a question" forum, can't believe of all the things I've made that this one slipped my mind. I moved your question over to here.

Anyways yes changing the blood timer "Time" is VERY easy. There is a file called "vamputil.py" located in \Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\Python. Open that file up using notepad and navigate to the entry that will look like this...

def OnBLEvent():
BLOOD_MAX_COUNT = 12
__main__.G.BloodCounter = __main__.G.BloodCounter + 1

if(__main__.G.BloodCounter == BLOOD_MAX_COUNT):
pc = __main__.FindPlayer()
if(pc.bloodpool >1):
pc.Bloodloss(1)
__main__.G.BloodCounter = 0

A logic timer is built into every map and is set to fire off every 15 seconds raising the Bloodcounter by 1. Now look at the number after BLOOD_MAX_COUNT which by default is set to 12. What that means is every 15 seconds the timer will fire adding 1 to the BLOOD_COUNT until it reaches 12, which then you will loose 1 blood point and the BLOOD_COUNT will start over.

So if you multiple 12 COUNTS times 15 seconds = 180 seconds = 3 minutes
Simply change the BLOOD_COUNT to the time you want (in seconds) in multiples of 15.
BLOOD_COUNT = 8 = 2 minutes
BLOOD_COUNT = 16 = 4 minutes
etc etc.....

Make sense? If you need further explaining let me know, thats what I'm here for!
Back to top Go down
Stream1917
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Wow fast response!, and it was crystal clear, just gonna go find that file (and thx for moving the post, ask a question forum is a good thing to have Smile )

Btw you dont happen to know a way to make CE work with Clan addon 2.1? (Im guessing no since you state that CE breaks if used with other game mechanic changing mods, but hey gotta ask).

My idea is that CE should make the game more realistic and a bit harder (in a fun way with the bloodtimer etc) while Clan addons pnp play-alike makes disciplines cheaper to use, offer more clans, and 5 disciplines to all clans! Smile

The big thing with clan addon is that it offers the use of more then 3 disciplines, 5 to be exact.

Thx for any help and a great mod (ive tried it now, and im so not going back!)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:44 am

Stream1917 wrote:
Wow fast response!, and it was crystal clear, just gonna go find that file (and thx for moving the post, ask a question forum is a good thing to have Smile )

Btw you dont happen to know a way to make CE work with Clan addon 2.1? (Im guessing no since you state that CE breaks if used with other game mechanic changing mods, but hey gotta ask).

My idea is that CE should make the game more realistic and a bit harder (in a fun way with the bloodtimer etc) while Clan addons pnp play-alike makes disciplines cheaper to use, offer more clans, and 5 disciplines to all clans! Smile

The big thing with clan addon is that it offers the use of more then 3 disciplines, 5 to be exact.

Thx for any help and a great mod (ive tried it now, and im so not going back!)

Thanks Stream, I try to check these boards at least twice per day if not more, glad I could help out. geek

Are you referring to Offkorn's Pen and Paper mod? I've never tried combining it with CE but I know he offer's a large host of new clans, including Sabbat ones. You can give it a shot but I'm pretty sure you would have problems at some point, sorry.

One good thing however, is that in CE 1.1 all the clans will have a 4th Discipline. I'm not sure if you read up but we found a way to make Blood Heal a 5 Tier Upgradable power, and it also shows up on your character sheet. I've been playing with it and it makes the game pretty tough, having to spend XP on Blood Heal, however you can make Blood Heal last up to 2 minutes at Tier 5 making you very tough to kill, because you regen pretty quickly.

The regeneration rate while active is about 1/2 as fast as Wesp's Blood Heal, but still very effective for staying alive, especially paired up with Fortitude or Presence.

Anyways, sorry about the imcompatability with the PNP mod, if I ever get time I wouldn't be opposed to somehow blending them, but I'm sure it would take quite a bit of effort.

Thanks for supporting CE, btw! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Stream1917
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 7:36 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Thanks Stream, I try to check these boards at least twice per day if not more, glad I could help out. geek

Are you referring to Offkorn's Pen and Paper mod? I've never tried combining it with CE but I know he offer's a large host of new clans, including Sabbat ones. You can give it a shot but I'm pretty sure you would have problems at some point, sorry.

One good thing however, is that in CE 1.1 all the clans will have a 4th Discipline. I'm not sure if you read up but we found a way to make Blood Heal a 5 Tier Upgradable power, and it also shows up on your character sheet. I've been playing with it and it makes the game pretty tough, having to spend XP on Blood Heal, however you can make Blood Heal last up to 2 minutes at Tier 5 making you very tough to kill, because you regen pretty quickly.

The regeneration rate while active is about 1/2 as fast as Wesp's Blood Heal, but still very effective for staying alive, especially paired up with Fortitude or Presence.

Anyways, sorry about the imcompatability with the PNP mod, if I ever get time I wouldn't be opposed to somehow blending them, but I'm sure it would take quite a bit of effort.

Thanks for supporting CE, btw! What a Face

Yes it was offkorn's PnP mod, I tried combining them now, and as expected it have some big compability problems, but since CE also changes disciplines and have the camera fix (thank god for that one!) I think I can live without it.

Guess ill try to contact Offkorn bout how one adds more disciplines for each clan and try to make just that implementation into my own clan-files. Btw is their a not to advanced way to make changes to disciplines durations and bloodcost? I really like to fine tune things Smile Oh and does the clan quest mod work with CE? So you host it here as well..

Oh and yes I saw that you announced blood-heal as a new discipline in CE 1.1 which is just awesome! Really looking forward to play CE 1.1.

I gladly support modds and modding, you and the rest of the modders are doing a fantastic work!
(if Im spamming you with to many questions bout things I should be able to easily learn myself just tell me to go study
Back to top Go down
BleedItDry
Fledgling
Fledgling
BleedItDry

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Anyways yes changing the blood timer "Time" is VERY easy. There is a file called "vamputil.py" located in \Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\Python. Open that file up using notepad and navigate to the entry that will look like this...

def OnBLEvent():
BLOOD_MAX_COUNT = 12
__main__.G.BloodCounter = __main__.G.BloodCounter + 1

if(__main__.G.BloodCounter == BLOOD_MAX_COUNT):
pc = __main__.FindPlayer()
if(pc.bloodpool >1):
pc.Bloodloss(1)
__main__.G.BloodCounter = 0

A logic timer is built into every map and is set to fire off every 15 seconds raising the Bloodcounter by 1. Now look at the number after BLOOD_MAX_COUNT which by default is set to 12. What that means is every 15 seconds the timer will fire adding 1 to the BLOOD_COUNT until it reaches 12, which then you will loose 1 blood point and the BLOOD_COUNT will start over.

So if you multiple 12 COUNTS times 15 seconds = 180 seconds = 3 minutes
Simply change the BLOOD_COUNT to the time you want (in seconds) in multiples of 15.
BLOOD_COUNT = 8 = 2 minutes
BLOOD_COUNT = 16 = 4 minutes
etc etc.....
That is such a good answer that maybe it should be in the game Manual or at least in a simple text file that comes with CE.
I am pretty sure that a lot of people would like to know this for setting their own difficulty level.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:44 pm

BleedItDry wrote:
That is such a good answer that maybe it should be in the game Manual or at least in a simple text file that comes with CE.
I am pretty sure that a lot of people would like to know this for setting their own difficulty level.

Thanks Bleed, I will see about getting that into the Game Manual for CE 1.1
Back to top Go down
Stream1917
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 5:34 pm

BleedItDry wrote:
That is such a good answer that maybe it should be in the game Manual or at least in a simple text file that comes with CE. I am pretty sure that a lot of people would like to know this for setting their own difficulty level.

I definatley agree, manual stuff! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Stream1917 wrote:
BleedItDry wrote:
That is such a good answer that maybe it should be in the game Manual or at least in a simple text file that comes with CE. I am pretty sure that a lot of people would like to know this for setting their own difficulty level.

I definatley agree, manual stuff! Smile

Ok guys, your wish is my command. I made a special entry at the end of the game manual all about how to change the Bloodtimer. The new CE 1.1 manual can be downloaded form our downloads section.

Thanks for making this suggestion to me! santa
Back to top Go down
Stream1917
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Ok guys, your wish is my command. I made a special entry at the end of the game manual all about how to change the Bloodtimer. The new CE 1.1 manual can be downloaded form our downloads section.

I downloaded the 1.1 manual and checked it out, looks awesome, and the bloodtimer entry is nicely put and simple Smile

I was wondering a couple of things. Is their a good forum, or site for learning how to use the modding tools to Vtmb, that any of you here know of?

Also is there an easy way to change which clan has which discipline?

And is there a not to complex way to change duration and/or bloodcost of disciplines?

Oh and does the clan quest mod work with CE 1.0?

Thx for all the response so far Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Stream1917 wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

I downloaded the 1.1 manual and checked it out, looks awesome, and the bloodtimer entry is nicely put and simple Smile

I was wondering a couple of things. Is their a good forum, or site for learning how to use the modding tools to Vtmb, that any of you here know of?

Also is there an easy way to change which clan has which discipline?

And is there a not to complex way to change duration and/or bloodcost of disciplines?

Oh and does the clan quest mod work with CE 1.0?

Thx for all the response so far Very Happy

Thanks Stream...

1. Probably Planet Vampire has the most people constantly logging in and out, guys like Dheu, Wesp, and Offkorn hang out there. All three of them are wonderful resources for questions. As far as learning tutorials, writeups, that sorta thing I'm not sure, everything I know I learned by trial and error.

2. Yes, there is a file called called "ClanDoc000.txt" located in \Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\vdata\system\ that you can edit. Just remember, in binary 0's mean NO/OFF and 1's mean YES/ON. Find the entry that will look like this for each clan.

Disciplines
{
"Blood_Healing" "1"
/// "Blood_Buff_Dexterity" "1"
/// "Blood_Buff_Stamina" "1"
/// "Blood_Buff_Strength" "1"
"Corpus_Vampirus" "1"
"Celerity" "1"
"Potence" "1"
"Presence" "1"
}

/// means pretend the line does not exist. So this Brujah gets Blood_Healing, Cancel out Blood_Buff_Dexterity, Blood_Buff_Stamina, and Blood_Buff_Strength, and gets Corpus_Vampirus, Celerity, Potence, and Presence. If you wanted the Brujah to also have Fortitude, you would want to add "Fortitude" "1" to the next line under "Presence" "1".

It's just that easy... cherry

3. In the same directory as #2 you will also find a file called "Stats.txt", all of the renewable discipline bloodcosts are in there towards the bottom. It will look like this...

Action
{
"Triggers" "Inc"
"Value" ">0"
"Stat" "BloodPool -1"
}

"Stat" "BloodPool -1" means use 1 Bloodpoint per activation.

For the targetable click powers like Hysteria and Trance, you will find each Bloodcost can be individually set. The files are also in the same directory as #2 and will be labled "Disciplinegt_00x.txt." where the x will be 0-4. So "Disciplinegt_02.txt controls all the settings for Domination.

4. No, but Burgermeister01 and I are looking to merge CQM and CE together in the near future.

Hope that helps buddy, let me know if you get confused on any of this...
-Z
Back to top Go down
Stream1917
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Thx Z!

1: Planet vampire, and then some trial and error it is Smile

2: Great! Thx for the reminder on the binary!
I wonder do, adding Fortitude to the Brujah (template?) will that let fortitude show on the Character sheet and allow lvling it, or would it take the removal of another discipline in its place?

3: Awesome! Time for a little pnp adjustment I think geek

4: Ah great to hear that! Ill hope for CQM to be workable with CE 1.1 then!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Stream1917 wrote:
Thx Z!

1: Planet vampire, and then some trial and error it is Smile

2: Great! Thx for the reminder on the binary!
I wonder do, adding Fortitude to the Brujah (template?) will that let fortitude show on the Character sheet and allow lvling it?

3: Awesome! Time for a little pnp adjustment I think geek

4: Ah great to hear that! Ill hope for CQM to be workable with CE 1.1 then!

Your very welcome Stream!

1. Ya, just play around and break stuff, it's the best way! HAHA lol!

2. Most definately, however I think their is a Discipline cap at 5, if you are playing CE 1.1 then you can only add 1 more unless you plan to take 1 away, because Blood Heal is the 4th.

3. NICE! bounce

Inititally CE 1.1 will be released as it's own product, but in time we'll see if Burgermeister01 and I can make it work.
Back to top Go down
edoardo17
Neonate
Neonate
edoardo17

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:08 pm

A question:in the original game,how is the blood timer set..?
i would like to have the timer set like in VTMB original without mod!Thks!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:37 pm

There is no timer in the original game, the blood timer is something we invented for CE.
Back to top Go down
ghost0
Fledgling
Fledgling
ghost0

PostSubject: Dialogue   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Hello!

I was just wondering if there is an easy way to adjust the blood timer so that it does not run during dialogue interaction. If there isn't an easy way to go about it then maybe in the next release you could possibly add that option. Very Happy I know there's a pause button, but I would prefer not to have to hit it every time I go an interact with an NPC. Otherwise, I've been enjoying the blood timer modification and am eager to see how it affects my game play as I progress. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi Ghost!

Welcome to the world of the bloodsuckers Twisted Evil

For your question: I'm not aware of any way to determine if the game is in dialogue mode. So the only chance to do something like this is to manually stop the counter for every character on every map when you enter dialogue mode, and restart it when you end the dialogue. Not going to happen.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we adjust the Blood Timer?   Can we adjust the Blood Timer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can we adjust the Blood Timer?
Page 1 of 1