Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)

Go down 
+12
wesp5
Claudia
malak
Dragatus
Malachite
Cretino
Jad.3
Feral
Maxus Corvin
aneumann01
YamiRaziel
kyoden
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
For goodness sakes, you can turn into James Cameron's Alien and fight Sub-Zero from Mortal Combat.
Read: Andrei's Tzimisce form. Unless that has changed since the vids we've seen.
Also Mortal Kombat*

Huh? Andrei's Tzimisce (Zulu) form wasn't an alien at all. And yes, I saw the video of the player fighting sub-zero from mortal combat, and he even freezes you with ice. I saw more screenshots and it looks like at some point you fight an American Football Team with their gear on. And then you fight mages, mummies, and a skeleton army with swords and shields n stuff. Kids are gonna love it. Just need some helicopters to complete it.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Huh? Andrei's Tzimisce (Zulu) form wasn't an alien at all.
That's what I'm saying, unless my memory is borking they were using his Zulu form in the vids aka not Alien.
As for the Mortal Kombat (spelled with a K; Grammar Heil) stuff it serves simply as a reference for fun and isn't something that takes away all VtM aspects or any such.

I don't wanna raise Brujah tempers or anything like that; but to me what is being said sounds like paper-thin passive-aggressiveness which bugs my senses. With the presumption that Mv is full of shit, I can completely understand that you hate his guts, and have at it, but spew shit that's legit against him instead of going "removing all VtM aspects out of mod baaw Evil or Very Mad " and in the next sentence "but I totally don't mind or anything Smile". That's Mv's style and you should know better. That's how I see it anyway, hope it clarifies what I'm butthurt about without giving you urges to flip me off.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Huh? Andrei's Tzimisce (Zulu) form wasn't an alien at all.
That's what I'm saying, unless my memory is borking they were using his Zulu form in the vids aka not Alien.

You need to watch the latest video. They changed the Zulu Andrei form to this red xenomorph alien thing. Many people hate it and have said so.

Dude, we're just making fun and having a good time with it. However I am serious about the mod being a hack n slash that's been reworked taking the VtM out of it. I'm also being serious that I think many children and teenagers who have short attention spans and just want to smash and mash will love it. It's all fighting, no story or lore. I think Antitribu has a place with the community, some people like the first person shooter/MMO feel of a game so I think they'll love it. It's just not my cup of tea personally.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:28 pm

I don't care if they make Andrei look like King Kong. But if they turned all encounters into combat, and from the videos it seems that way, then they have taken the VtM out of the mod.
If the videos are representative for the whole mod, I will install it on thurday, and have dumped it friday by lunchtime.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:31 pm

For the sake of making it official; checked out the newest vid and I stand corrected regarding the whole Aliens thing.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
If the videos are representative for the whole mod, I will install it on thurday, and have dump it friday by lunchtime.

Actually I doubt that, it's 3GB in size so it's going to take you a few days to even download it. So you'll have it installed Sunday and dumped on Monday is more like it.

Aliens vs. Sub-Zero... this could be a good promotional poster. I'd like to "Unleash the Battle" on Feb. 5th, lol. Smile

Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 Alien-vs-ninja-poster

Last edited by Zer0Morph on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:42 pm

So, just because I only see one side of this debate going round, I do want to say that there may a reason the advertisements look like a beat-em-up FPS.

THAT IS WHAT IS EXCITING IN AN ADVERTISEMENT!

Do you really want to advertise 8 minutes of lore dialog, or a cool action scene? (Well, okay Zer0, YOU want to advertise the dialog.) I'll be honest here and say I am more likely to respond to the action ad than the lore ad.

Until it is actually released, we just won't know. I will say that from the conversations it seems they only worked on "flashy" and combat, but they may have deepened the world as well somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:54 pm

What if I told you.... nevermind, you'll find out in 2 days. pirat
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 9:30 pm

malak wrote:
Do you really want to advertise 8 minutes of lore dialog, or a cool action scene?
For a game like VtM it's a rather good idea to advertise the intrigue and political dickering that VtM is known for with bits of action displayed here and there as icing in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 pm

Karavolos wrote:
malak wrote:
Do you really want to advertise 8 minutes of lore dialog, or a cool action scene?
For a game like VtM it's a rather good idea to advertise the intrigue and political dickering that VtM is known for with bits of action displayed here and there as icing in my opinion.

Malak, I agree, action scenes are WAY cooler, for a game like D&D. I have to agree with Karavolos on this one.

Check out this trailer. Did they promote action or mystery, lore, and intrigue?

PS: OMG THIS TRAILER MAKES ME WANT TO BUY IT ALL OVER AGAIN

Now check out this trailer, see what I tried to do here?

Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

Check out this trailer. Did they promote action or mystery, lore, and intrigue?

PS: OMG THIS TRAILER MAKES ME WANT TO BUY IT ALL OVER AGAIN

Yep, I'd buy it again. Little annoyed that Troika wouldn't get the money, though. It is funny, that in that one trailer, it does pretty much want you want it to, even if it shows little combat. Antitribu shows little of the changes they might have made to the story(as far as I've seen, most of the videos are combat, and only hints of the quest, only one or two of them being what seems an added quest). The Bloodlines trailer? Shows none of the actual story, i.e no story related dialog or even hints to the intro), but still does the job of pulling you in.

To be truthful, it looks like Antitribu likes the non-menu dialogue(could be wrong about this, but I don't think any of those videos show the dialogue menu at all, and if they do, it is for very little), which works, but that has me thinking of how ME3 used it extensively for a lot of the side-quests, which are probably somewhat lifeless, as, big surprise, keeping the 3p perspective and not going into the dialogue menu, keeps you from connecting at all with the NPC. Zaeed and Kasumi were one thing, as you could connect to them and learn their stories and personality in other ways.

Zer0Morph wrote:
Now check out this trailer, see what I tried to do here?

I'd say tried, and succeeded. I was certainly interested, and that has not changed.

With Antitribu, I am interested, similar to how I was when I first heard of it. But by now, probably like many others, I have doubts. Which the release could dispel, but I don't know. They could have done a lot with the story. But it is being promoted based on the changes/additions to the combat, and little else.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:47 pm

Hmm, I saw some trailers and while I agree with the rest (both sides) that it does look alot combat oriented and if it is the only thing left of Vtm then it certainly lost its spirit. BUT I do also see quite some potential in there. Potential that it probably owes to Luneska (sp?) and crew. I like small technical gadgets and stuff. Extra items to toy with and combine for some awesome crap. Also, many more armors, equipment and stuff. Its up to the players to decide if they want to use that additional armor or not. But anything that makes my character look more unique is interesting in my book though.

New models area always cool. We have seen so many of the clones populate the streets, clubs and locations. Variations are good and make the whole place more believable.

Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:16 am

How have I never seen that original trailer?! Shut up and take my - oh, you already did. Good, then.

Also, well done mirroring it.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:39 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
OMG THIS TRAILER MAKES ME WANT TO BUY IT ALL OVER AGAIN

Maybe you should What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:48 am

malak wrote:
Also, well done mirroring it.

Thanks Malak!

Karavolos wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
OMG THIS TRAILER MAKES ME WANT TO BUY IT ALL OVER AGAIN

Maybe you should What a Face

Well maybe I will........ then! scratch
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:39 am

Hi everyone, better late than never, so I'm here now Smile!

Childe of Malkav wrote:
And they use burgermeister's library map. Probably without asking for his or Wesps permission.

Can you please point me to that? I don't have the time to check out all the videos and would like to know if this is true and what they made out of it. I probably gave them permission a long time ago because Marvin, or at least Lenuska, shared stuff with me whenever I asked...

As for the Tzmisce monster's similarity to Giger's alien, isn't this how these things looked in Redemption? I can't remember right now.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:00 am

Zer0Morph wrote:

Here's a link to a quick tutorial I just made on how to adjust/remove the blood timer.

Maybe you should offer the option during installation to turn it off! Like I do with the basic and the plus patch and will soon do with the restored disciplines and casting, just to finally please Childe of Malkvav Wink!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:19 am

wesp5 wrote:
Hi everyone, better late than never, so I'm here now Smile!
Welcome.

wesp5 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
And they use burgermeister's library map. Probably without asking for his or Wesps permission.

Can you please point me to that? I don't have the time to check out all the videos and would like to know if this is true and what they made out of it. I probably gave them permission a long time ago because Marvin, or at least Lenuska, shared stuff with me whenever I asked...
The video is here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu/videos/tzimisce-female-sabbat-sewers-the-easy-way#imagebox
The scene ends in the basement of the library.

Quote :
As for the Tzmisce monster's similarity to Giger's alien, isn't this how these things looked in Redemption? I can't remember right now.
Hm, there were Tzimisce creatures in Redemption, but i don't remember what they look like...
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:34 am

Cretino wrote:

Ok, check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtsEzsVtY6k
It's a speedrun.

I already knew about this, but never took the time to look all of it. I already disabled the Ming shortcut because it is just too much and was very buggy, I think the Ocean House shortcut is fine. I couldn't reproduce the beachhouse jump and the Therese issue was probably fixed when vladdmaster improved the elevator there...
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:36 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Very interesting, they choose another entrance so I don't know what they are doing with it...

Quote :

Hm, there were Tzimisce creatures in Redemption, but i don't remember what they look like...

Yes, but a quick check of the White Wolf wiki shows that I was mistaken and they look different.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 10:39 am

wesp5 wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

Very interesting, they choose another entrance so I don't know what they are doing with it...

We'll see thursday...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Wesp?!?!?!?

*rubs eyes*

Is that you? I made this website in 2009 and you're just NOW showing up? LOL, welcome buddy, glad you made an account here! cheers

One thing we can all agree on is that the alien form was well made, just for the wrong game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:58 pm

I'm on the side of "let's see what nice features and codes they come up with"

You know
Since none of us have legal rights on anything

Plenty of good old modders around who could use (and credit) some lenuska work into their own mods...

/plots with burgermeister
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

Is that you? I made this website in 2009 and you're just NOW showing up? LOL, welcome buddy, glad you made an account here! cheers

Yes it's me! And I must admit that I never even played TFN, as I am still busy with my own patch Wink. But now due to the whole TFNvsAM stuff I decided to see what it's all about!

Quote :

One thing we can all agree on is that the alien form was well made, just for the wrong game. Smile

Let's see how it looks inside the mod! From the video alone I wouldn't even have recognized it. After all even Giger's alien changed a lot from film to film and game to game...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 3:14 pm

wesp5 wrote:
Yes it's me! And I must admit that I never even played TFN, as I am still busy with my own patch Wink. But now due to the whole TFNvsAM stuff I decided to see what it's all about!

When I was struggling for help on the histories issue, I downloaded the UP to figure out how you made it stable. Of course I was curious to see how far it had come so I made a character. The main menu screen was awesome, very stable, and my Gangrel would randomly crouch down and scratch the dirt. Freaking awesome dude, I was very impressed.

wesp5 wrote:
Let's see how it looks inside the mod! From the video alone I wouldn't even have recognized it. After all even Giger's alien changed a lot from film to film and game to game...

The video is super high resolution so it's pretty clear, to me at least. Again it looks very well made, like all the other skins, it just doesn't seem fitting in the lore, to me at least. It's all good either way though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next