Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music during Boss Battles

Go down 
+8
Maximus1
Childe of Munster
aqui
z.o.o.
Feral
ThePhilosopher
srle
Zer0Morph
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Music during Boss Battles Empty
PostSubject: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:12 pm

Is it just me or did anyone else ever notice the the music doesn't change, or there's no music at all during some of the boss fights? Take for example the fight with the Cathayan or the Bloodguardian (which was replaced as a Shade in TFN). Does anyone else think it would be cool to add music during those fights?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
srle
Ancillae
Ancillae
srle

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Ye great idea, I am always so focused on fight that I don't pay much attention on music.It would be pretty cool if you change to something more intensive and louder. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:56 pm

I agree, so long that the music is epic
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Yes, something epic and in tune with the rest of game's music would be great. Though I' m usually too focused on the fight to hear any music, so maybe make it a bit louder.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Well I was thinking of recycling the music already in the game, some of the combat music anyways. It's just some of the boss fights without "Combat" music seem kind've.... dead to me. I would think the music would liven it up a little bit. I didn't mean bring in new music into the game though that is something I'd like to look at later down the road.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks for a fast reply.
Execly what I had in mind you are writing about.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 am

The silence of these fights lends itself to the Quiet of the Night.

How many of you have actually stood outside around three in the morning, taken a deep breath, stopped, and listened to the world sleep?
I challenge you all to ponder the notion of peace necessary for people to set themselves to sleep, be it chemically induced or otherwise. Quiet places during the day aren't the same as quiet places during the night. There are always people going about their daily toil, making noise as a consequence, at the periphery of one's own quiet experience. There's always a danger that those who scurry will suddenly and abruptly encroach upon one's own quiet; an eventuality one must take great pains to accept or risk insanity. During the night, people have reduced themselves to the whispers of their own dreams. They are in their homes or tucked away in a corner somewhere, leaving the world lay. And for a brief moment, the ones awake can truly feel as though the world is made for them and only them. "It's just me."

She is a flattery more sincere than any of us deserve, the Quiet of the Night.

---

Los Angeles does actually go to sleep, save the cars on the interstate. I thought it was odd to see Hollywood Blvd. suddenly begin to die at about 11pm thinking it was way too early, but it did.

Please Zer0morph, no music anywhere near epic. The soundtrack is insistent enough as it is. Ambient music at most for those fights please, Zer0morph, please.

An aside: I actually stick around after I've blown up the Sabbat Warehouse and venture inside as it burns, taking my dear old sweet time picking locks and scooping up ammunition, waiting for the flames to die. When they do die, I stand and wonder why kine are so intimidated by silence. And I realize, it's precisely because silence itself is akin to death. Walking about in that abandoned building, seeing the now ashen vestiges of purpose, and having the silence pervade every feature, forces me to contemplate loss and confront my own imperfect immortality.

I wonder about what was, what might have been, much like one who is steeped in regret would do on their own deathbed.

I am undead. My ears no longer ring, my heart no longer beats, my stomach no longer gurgles, and my joints no longer pop. Silence, like the death it implies, will never again be a novelty, until my day comes.

Another aside: This is why I love the raised patio in the alley, in the Hollywood Map. Not only is it silent and empty, but it's stylish and cozy to boot. It tickles me.

The biggest irony of all, is that I absolutely love the electricity in the air that comes from the hustle and bustle of people as much as I love silence. Is it wrong to love both? No. They each have their place, but these fights are elevated by their quietude.

Come to think of it, me and the Gargoyle would make great friends. Smile

Last edited by z.o.o. on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
srle
Ancillae
Ancillae
srle

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:59 pm

That was deep...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 pm

I haven't responded yet because i'm speechless. scratch
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:42 pm

So am I Neutral
Back to top Go down
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae
aqui

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Then I'll post a reply before I am mesmerised by the whole post, ha!

I'm all up for epic boss fights. After all I bet even supernaturals get their pinch of adrenaline when final death is at hand. I figure such moments should be accented with something epic. Atmospheric, deep areas turn to skirmishes which eventually lead to something grandiose.

I too enjoy taking slow walks in hollywood or lingering in the silent hotel's inner yard. Then it's all fine and fun fighting thugs with a breakbeat in tune to the kicks and punches, but a gargoyle or the tentacle monster are at the very least imposing figures for a fledgling vampire. After all, the main character is relatively new to the World of Darkness. And fear stills runs within the kindred blood.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:58 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
I am undead. My ears no longer ring, my heart no longer beats, my stomach no longer gurgles, and my joints no longer pop.
But apparently the lungs still inflate.

"How do vampires talk?" A conundrum for the ages.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:

That is a good point. I think it's high time I make some stuff up. How 'bout this?

Atmospheric pressure at sea level is approximately 14.7 psi. Gravity keeps the dead lungs filled. Vampiric vocal chords being supernatural, constantly regenerate as they are put through their paces. The first sign of vampiric starvation is the loss of voice due to a lack of blood which is necessary for perpetual regeneration of the vocal chords. Like the ridges behind our upper teeth on the hard palate being without a nipple, the diaphragm still moves without making any real difference.

The theological implication is that God cursed Caine. God spoke the universe into existence. Existence requires breath. The vampire's breath is figurative, but is still valid because God allows the vampire to exist.

Why?

"We look for the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen." Taken from the Nicene Creed, now being taken way, way, way, way, way, out of context for the purposes of fantasy.

Vampires are neither living nor dead. They are undead which means their souls are neither living in Heaven nor are they murdered in Hell, the True Second Death. Their souls are being held at the threshold of Purgatory, their chance at redemption slim to none, but not impossible if the vampire to whom the soul belongs is killed by a worthy member of the Society of Leopold or someone similar. By their very existence, vampires are unwittingly expediting the end of all things. Jesus will come back just before the beginning of THE END and hopefully Caine will have repented of his sins by then, so that all may be forgiven.

Hell doesn't need to exist. If Satan were to humble himself before God and ask for forgiveness, then he would have it and Hell, no longer being necessary, would cease to exist. But, Satan is too proud to kneel which is why he did away with his own knee caps and why Hell continues to exist.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:16 pm

Another post leaving us speechless...
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Zoo, you said nothing on your second post, sorry Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Did he say anything in his first? LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:04 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
Atmospheric pressure at sea level is approximately 14.7 psi. Gravity keeps the dead lungs filled. Vampiric vocal chords being supernatural, constantly regenerate as they are put through their paces.
If we're going to say vampire vocal chords are supernatural, we can just say that their ability to talk (and smoke) is entirely supernatural. No need for PSI and dead lungs filled with air.

As long as we keep time travel and the Holodeck out of it, I'm cool.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:04 am

Feral wrote:
Another post leaving us speechless...

It feels good to be admired and understood. Thanks.

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Zoo, you said nothing on your second post, sorry.

Ah-h-h-ha!

Zer0morph wrote:
Did he say anything in his first? LOL

Oh-h-h-ho!

Childe of Munster wrote:
z.o.o. wrote:
I am undead. My ears no longer ring, my heart no longer beats, my stomach no longer gurgles, and my joints no longer pop.

Childe of Munster also wrote:
If we're going to say vampire vocal chords are supernatural, we can just say that their ability to talk (and smoke) is entirely supernatural. No need for PSI and dead lungs filled with air.

You said it, not me. Or did I? Tee-h-h-hee!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:52 am

z.o.o. wrote:
Childe of Munster also wrote:

You said it, not me. Or did I? Tee-h-h-hee!
Ah hah, a closeted time travel/Holodeck enthusiast.
Back to top Go down
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae
aqui

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:37 am

A malkavian at loose. Somebody get the cops!
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:52 am

aqui wrote:

Indeed Very Happy Or perhaps it's just chemically induced intellectual philosophising lol! In all seriousness though, in the words of my "older" generation...FAR OUT MAN! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Maximus1 wrote:
aqui wrote:

Indeed Very Happy Or perhaps it's just chemically induced intellectual philosophising lol! In all seriousness though, in the words of my "older" generation...FAR OUT MAN! Laughing
Groovy.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:54 pm

That was friggin halarious lol! I love that series of old movies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:00 pm

You know I love you, right zoo?

Speaking of, how did you get your name? Do you have animals living in that brain of yours? cat
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:11 pm

It's an acronym. I'm going with "Zebras on Overdrive."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles Empty

Back to top Go down

Music during Boss Battles
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next