Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music during Boss Battles

Go down 
+8
Maximus1
Childe of Munster
aqui
z.o.o.
Feral
ThePhilosopher
srle
Zer0Morph
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:31 pm

What are Zebras on Overdrive, for God's sake?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:35 pm

Feral wrote:
What are Zebras on Overdrive, for God's sake?
Just the first phrase that sprang to my mind the letters "Z," "O" and "O" could be an acronym for.

If we provoke z.o.o. enough, he will eventually tell us. clown

(No, probably not, he'll just make up random shit.)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks man, I started to doubt my ability to speak English. Well, write perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Feral wrote:
Thanks man, I started to doubt my ability to speak English. Well, write perhaps.
I tip my hat to you because your English is certainly better than my Polish (although I do know how to say "The pen is new").

Of course if you're an American expat, that's an entirely different Zebra on Overdrive.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
You know I love you, right zoo?

Speaking of, how did you get your name? Do you have animals living in that brain of yours? cat

Yeah man, I know y'all er just messin'.

Zosimus was a cool name I happened upon in a book.

Opata and Yaqui are Native American peoples with whom I share a drop of blood.

Odulakun was the last name of this really cordial, African fellow with purposefully placed scars in triplicate on both of his cheeks.

Childe of Munster wrote:
No, probably not, he'll just make up random shit.

lol! lol! lol! I have been comically eviscerated.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:00 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
Odulakun was the last name of this really cordial, African fellow with purposefully placed scars in triplicate on both of his cheeks.
Upper or lower?

Of course, I don't want to pry.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Childe of Munster wrote:
z.o.o. wrote:
Upper or lower?

Of course, I don't want to pry.

The cheeks attatched to his face, you big silly! Now, where is the willingly emasculated, flamboyant, emoticon with the puppy handshake wrist action?

Y'know, the action similar to the basketball player wrist flop after the ball leaves his hands during a free throw?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:36 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
The cheeks attatched to his face, you big silly!
His own cheeks, I take it?

But of course, I don't want to pry.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Now Now Boyeezz... was that flamboyant enough? pale
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae
aqui

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:55 am

So... now about that music thing?

Anyone?

Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:35 am

No, I'm not an American expat, Childe. I'm mostly of German orgin (50%), with the rest of my bloodpool being Polish-Jewish mix of unknown proportions. But since German wing of my family livsd in Poland since around 1920s, they are quite polonized, too. Save the part of our family which stayed in Vaterland, of course. Still, I'm more German than a Pole, save for the language...
And where have you learnd to speak Polish, well, as much as you could say?
Thanks for the apreciation, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:49 pm

I used to speak Polish, German, French, and Spanish... but I forgot it all when I traded it in for English. I'm alot like Bloodlines, I can't learn new languages, I can only replace them with other ones.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I'm the same, when I finally had learned English, I realized I forgot most of the German.

BTW, when did I get to be an Ancille? I haven't even noticed when it happend.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:57 pm

That happens to me right now ... and German is my mother tongue ... Shocked
I find myself stuttering in dialogue, searching for words or phrases I just wanted to say in English. It's been like this for ... I don't know ... two months or three? Since I read (and hear) more English than German, which should be considered quite an accomplishment if no one around you actually speaks this language. Laughing (Explanation is simple, though ... I bought a lot of english (VtM) books lately, played a lot of english games (VtMB) and watched too many DVDs in English. None of you make the same mistake if you like your current mother tongue! ^^)

Oh, and not to be completely off-topic: I would appreciate new music for boss fights. I know the old one by heart now and almost always ignore it or listen to CDs while playing. A(nother) fresh touch would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Music adds a lot to a movie or a TV show or a game for me. I don't like most of the original music in VtMB (with a few exceptions), so I just ignore it.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:18 am

Zero, you can simply put the unused songs from the VTM Bloodlines original OST.
For example Ming Xao's theme!
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:01 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:
Zero, you can simply put the unused songs from the VTM Bloodlines original OST.
For example Ming Xao's theme!

Sure, just email me the songs and I'll listen to em and see if their appropriate for TFN. bounce
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Well, I don't have them Smile If anyone has the original soundtrack, please tell us here. If not I will try to find them Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae
aqui

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Sure, just email me the songs and I'll listen to em and see if their appropriate for TFN. bounce

If the quality suffices the music can be easily extracted from those youtube clips. The files might also be lying deep within the vpk's.

Edit: Most of the youtube extracts are ~128 VBR MP3s. Those should work fine.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:06 pm

On vamps talking.

There is nothing supernatural about it.

The throat is an open passageway. Nature abhors a vacuum. Thus when the vocal chords are moved muscularly the air that exists there vibrates. You don't necessarily breathe while you talk. Speech is not generated by the movement of air expelled via the lungs.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:04 am

8people wrote:
On vamps talking.

There is nothing supernatural about it.

But, there must be. The vampire's immortality is imperfect. She neither has a metabolism, nor is she contented enough to never feed to sustain her existence. She is an unliving testament to a sense of lacking.

Quote :
The throat is an open passageway. Nature abhors a vacuum. Thus when the vocal chords are moved muscularly the air that exists there vibrates. You don't necessarily breathe while you talk. Speech is not generated by the movement of air expelled via the lungs.

Tis true, tis true.
Back to top Go down
aqui
Ancillae
Ancillae
aqui

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:33 am

z.o.o. wrote:
Quote :

Tis true, tis true.

Now is it? Ever tried making a sound with both mouth and nose closed?

Human being (and all alike) is a wind instrument, not a string one.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:28 am

I've never thought about the issue with the vampire and his speech ... until I found this little (er... or not so little) article here (Link).

I'm not one to participate in that discussion since I'm no expert concerning human physiology and I'd like to keep my own little imaginations of the vampiric condition to myself, but I wanted to throw in the link.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Aqui is basically right. Human speech is basically sound produced by a wind instrument. So you need vocal cords, lips, and the tongue to modulate the sound, and some means to produce an air stream. But this need not actually be the lungs. Depending if the diaphragm still exists, it could also be the upper body cavity, or the whole torso. The only important thing is that you have some air filled cavity that can change its size and so produce an air stream.

- geek
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:02 pm

aqui wrote:
z.o.o. wrote:
Quote :

Tis true, tis true.

Now is it? Ever tried making a sound with both mouth and nose closed?

Human being (and all alike) is a wind instrument, not a string one.

Yes, Aqui, within the context of the vampire, it is. Wink

Actual breath is the honor of the living and the envy of the dead.

Eliza wrote:
I've never thought about the issue with the vampire and his speech ... until I found this little (er... or not so little) article here (Link).

Thank you.

---

With regard to music during boss battles, I think the ambient music queued up in the beach house during the, "Surf's Up" quest would be perfect for the interior of Foxy Boxes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music during Boss Battles   Music during Boss Battles - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Music during Boss Battles
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next