Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Diablerie!!! (question mark)

Go down 
+9
YamiRaziel
PGM1961
Maximus1
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
Childe of Munster
ThePhilosopher
Feral
Velvet
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Ain't Gargoyles made of stone? kinda hard to break it with teeth lol
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Exactly what I thought, Pholosopher... Diablerie with a sledgehammer lol!
@Claudia: Thanks for a fast answer. Yeah, that would be one hell of a boon I imagine. But technicaly, how do one bite stone? Would that require potence or something?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:43 pm

Oh most gargoyles do not have their disciplines always active.. Think of it like a huge Fortitude discipline.

Besides, remember, a vampire bite does aggravated damage (as much as Protean claws)

Edit : The Gargoyle in Bloodlines may not be a very good representation of what are Gargoyles in VTM P&P...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks Claudia. Seems I will have to do a bit of googling PnP materials.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:18 am

I'd give you my source website, but it's in French (I never found better in English).

Maybe the WoD wiki ? it has some old WoD info
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:18 am

Thanks a lot.
I found UnMasqued: http://www.unmasqued.com/
Kismet: http://www.vtm.kismetrose.com/VampireSite.html
Disciplines: http://www.theprincesangel.com/SolitaryAsylum/disciplines.html
WhiteWolf: http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Gargoyle_(VTM)
Don't know, maybe you find them interesting.
God bless Google. Not a word on diablerizing a Gargyole in all of this, though.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:11 am

Well as in any clan, there are no specificities about diablerizing a Gargoyle. You will not find a "how to diablerize.." to each clan ^^

It's diablery, nevermind the clan.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 am

Glad you explained that Claudia, I was with the Philosopher on this one, how do you diablerize something made of stone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Well we are walking myths, so... :-)

Vampire fangs are not normal teeth, that's why ;-)
Back to top Go down
Turtle-in-Turmoil
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:11 pm

I recall vaguely being able to feed on certain vampires (Sabbat to be specific), and I usually drained them dry. When feeding on them, a sort of persistant hissing/slurping sound was played that was different from the one you normally get when feeding off of humans. Thought it would be interesting to point out. Maybe there were plans for diablerie intially in Bloodlines but it got cut short.
Back to top Go down
Sradac
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:45 pm

Here's something that throws a monkey wrench in all those theories on Auspex aura color that I just found out by accident.

Running through downtown with auspex on, ran past a hooker. Aura color? Purple. Had to go back to her and check again. Yep. Hookers are purple. Thought maybe people that you can talk to were purple, went over to fat larry. White. So im thinking, maybe purple means you can somehow influence them through persuade/intimidate/dominate/seduce in dialog??? I got to find a blood doll to test that. AFAIK there arent any influence options in fat larry dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Sradac
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Tested this a bit more and actually it looks like purple means you cant force feed. I found several bums and humans downtown that were also purple, and every force feed attempt on them failed (?) no idea why. Force feeding on bums always worked for me.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:12 am

Auras show the state of mind of the people you're watching.
Purple means either aggressive or excited (actually this depends on the books, it changes in most pen and paper books using Auspex).
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:47 am

Sradac, i must say there is something wrong with your game.
I've played for years and never, EVER seen a hooker with purple aura. Not even one.

And i love to run around with Auspex turned on (considering that Malkavian and Tremere are my favorite clans), so i would catch any of these anomalies.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 7:05 pm

I've never seen a purple hooker either. All hookers in my game are white, all vampires purple. (I'm talking about when they're calm... it's easier to tell the difference when nobody's trying to kill you.) But even without the color difference, you can tell which is which. Human auras just kind of glow; Kindred auras are constantly in motion, with a sort of 'writhing tendrils' effect.

Interestingly enough, the other patient in the SM clinic, the one in the room with the philandering doctor? He shows up as kindred too. He's the one that Dr. St. Martin said had a 'bullet in his head'. Guess he's a thin-blood.

But no bums or hookers have ever showed up as purple for me. Some vampires you can never use Auspex on, of course, because they stay in Elysium areas during the game (like Velvet). But here's what I've seen:
Mercurio (on beach) - white
All flunkies in Chinatown Temple - white.
All pedestrians in SM, LA, and Chinatown - white. Same for Hollywood, with the exception of the sweeper (purple), who directs you to Isaac's jewelry store.
LaCroix (endgame only) - purple
Hallowbrook - all guys with hoodies have white auras, as do all the blood 'dolls' (or blood 'slaves', since they've all been blinded. Sabbat are sadistic.). Even the fat, Tzimisce war-ghoul has a white aura. All others are purple.
SM Warehouse - white, except for the two Gangrel during your escape, and the explosive countdown.

Oddly, the wolf on the cliff above the SM pier shows up as white, even though it's Beckett. Later, in the Museum, Beckett shows as purple.

PS- I've never been able to feed from a vampire, even when I use Dominate or some other means to calm them/hold them still. Granted, I haven't tried every single vampire I meet. Maybe I'll try again during the Hallowbrook mission, when my Unarmed feat is really high.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 pm

It probably won't work, PGM, but if it does warn us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:58 pm

In Bloodlines, plain and vanilla:
White: A Normal Person
Purple: A Kindred
Blue: Suspicious
Orange: Fear
Red: Aggression
Ruddy with Black tentacly bits: Sabbat

May have missed one or two.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:03 pm

so far, my notion is, humans have a "radiant" aura, like the corona in a complete solar eclipse, while kindred have a "cloudy" aura, and yes broiling and wispy, more like smoke.
purple seems to be confined to those we can talk to, even "Caine(?)" the cab driver has purple aura... i don't think purple color discriminates friend from foe, because i knew Brother Canker was using obsfucate i decided to approach him with auspex and i am pretty sure is aura was also purple.
as for the rest, yes, state of mind, white relaxed, blue looking for you, red attacking you.

i can't help the feeling that in the fog of battle people that are claiming that they fed on vampires during Hallowbrook actually fed from ghouls and mistook them for vampires.
or is it hallowbrook really a free for all zone, like i was wondering when i started this thread??

regarding Chastity: i have been able to kill her. the problem has been, killing her cleanly. i used to incapacitate her using dementate or dominate, and then feed from her. then i realized that i could no more, so tried to incapacitate her and then stealth-kill her. believe it or not i have always found her an incredibly tough cookie to take on in combat, and Velvet Velour does ask you to be careful, to uphold the masquerade, so i have always felt that engaging her in combat is too flashy and noisy, i always strive to kill her as cleanly as possible, yes, without combat.
and it has hapened that the dancer who i persuade / dominate / dementate into going to the other room DOES NOT remain in that room but instead COMES BACK and witnesses my combat with chastity. most annoying.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Normal human auras, which look white, actually have multi-colored highlights if you look closely enough. (right up next to them you can see little rainbow sparkles.) Very pretty.

Brother Kanker's aura is indeed purple, just before he phases into visibility and your Auspex turns off. It's hard to see, because as he becomes visible there's kind of a white smoke effect, but the purple is there. It's not confined to the ones we can talk to, though... during the 'Blood Hunt' in Santa Monica, all of those vamps have purple auras too.

Another oddity... playing CE 1.4.2, in the second level of the Keui-jin Temple, there's one guy walking around that big water wheel, which drives the ceiling fans. He doesn't look like the other flunkies, who are wearing yellow and black. He is shirtless, with red wristbands, and I think he's bald. Unlike the regular goons, who are mortal and have white auras (red when they attack), this guy has a 'wispy, smoky' aura, like Kindred, although instead of purple it is kind of a white, with a faint greenish hue. I assume he is a Kuei-jin. The first time I saw him, I liked that touch. But if you have Auspex on when you meet Ming Xiao later, before it fades you can see her aura is white, like a human's.

Since I heard about people feeding from vampires in Hallowbrook, I've tried it several times, and I've never been successful. I think it's just the 'fog of battle', as Velvet says.

I've never had a problem with the other dancer coming back into the dancer's area, and seeing me kill Chastity. Then again, as soon as I see her go into that other room and the door closes, I attack Chastity. Maybe I've just never taken long enough for her to come back. As for Chastity... when I try to use any disciplines in that combat, VV always scolds me when I return, for not being careful enough around the hunter. I don't know how she knows this, as I've seemingly killed the only witness; but I usually don't use any disciplines at all, even defensive ones like Auspex. As a result, I'm usually hurting after that battle.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 am

i will admit to not being very knowledgeable regarding auras, specially their colors, the only thing i am sure of is what i mentioned, the notion that human auras are more cleanly radiant, while vampire auras are broiling clouds of smoke.

and i would agree with you that indeed the person you mention in the golden temple must indeed be a kuei jin, i mean not all people there must be human "ghouls" (i don't know if that term makes sense when speaking of kuei jin, they do seem alien to kindred) there must have been some kuie jin scattered around.

and the skins in hallowbrook are rather distinct, it's easy to tell ghouls from vampires apart, that much i grant, but argh specially to me in that level... fog of battle, man, there are so many foes coming at you at the same time that it is easy to jump at one and feed from him without having had the chance to tell one from the other. but. that is me. I suffer a lot from fog of battle, it's a personal... weakness. when i hear such reports i think of my experience of that level and i think "fog of battle". but i know better than allow for my weaknesses to judge other's conviction of what they managed to do. me personaly i think they got confused in the fog of battle and thought they did something that cannot be done. but who am i to judge. I admit I am very prone to "fog of battle". i acknowledge others might be less so.
but anyway thanks PGM for your endorsement, you seem less prone than i to fog of battle, so your endorsement of my notion means a lot to me.

as for chastity, you bet i use any incapacitating discipline i can afford to to make her kill a clean one. but yes that has meant that i have taken a long time in killing her, say, lying in wait in a secluded corner waiting for her to put herself in a favorable position for me to make a stealth kill, and at times it has taken me so long that it just hapened that the very moment i am making the kill the other dancer wanders in and catches me in the act.
but.
i do use quick-save / reload extensively on that level, and only move one when i am completely satisfied, that the kill has been as clean as i could manage and with no witnesses; and when that has been so, Velvet has never given me any grief for the use of disciplines. she asks that there is no collateral damage, and the game demands that there is no witness, so that i do not suffer masquerade violations or criminal violations, and if those criteria are met Velvet is usually satisfied with the fact that i killed her, and gives me no grief over how i killed her, disciplines or no. you can get away with using disciplines is Masquerade areas if you have no witnesses in range of sight, and if i manage that i walk away scott clean.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:59 am

You're right about human auras being brighter. I guess it's because they're fully alive... their auras are more vibrant. In the PnP rules, vampire auras are described as being 'pale'... I guess the developers wanted to differentiate more between human and vampire, so they made vamp auras all smoky.

I will admit I haven't tested every vampire in the Hallowbrook for 'drinkability'. Smile Sometimes they come quick, and you don't have that luxury... especially on the third level down, with the big banquet room and all of those purple-clad guys w/ shotguns spawning.

However, just out of curiosity I bumped Unarmed feat to 10, put on God mode, turned on Blood Buff (level 3) and tried to drink from every vampire on the first level of the Hallowbrook, before you drop down to the next level. I couldn't drink from any of them, even when I froze them in place first. I'm not going to bother testing the rest. I believe your theory is correct. People just got confused in the heat of battle, and thought they drank from a vampire when they really drank from a ghoul.

Also went back and did an experiment with Chastity the hunter/stripper. When I used a passive discipline like Auspex to raise my defense, VV doesn't say anything about it. But when I use a discipline that would normally cause a Masquerade violation, like Blood Strike, I go back and tell VV I took care of the hunter, and she says "I know, I heard you from here!" Didn't check to see if there's a difference in XP, but I knew she'd give you a hard time for using some disciplines. That's okay; I usually just chop the hunter up with the fire axe, without using any disciplines. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 am

AH!
"i heard you from here!" is her giving you grief! i never got anything else, i just assumed she was telling something like i heard it on the grapevine, not that she was chiding me on being too noisy about it!!! argh i guess i will have to try to find other ways to kill her... to go ahead and engage her in combat... now THAT is going to be hard........
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Yes, the hunter is hard to take out without any disciplines. She can chop you up quickly with that sword.

I only had a couple of saved games I could test (Ventrue and Tremere), but using Auspex, Fortitude, Presence, and even the Dominate power "Tyrant's Gaze" don't seem to bother VV. However, 'Blood Strike' causes her to scold you for using disciplines. It seems as though VV just doesn't want you using disciplines that would violate the Masquerade, if used in public. Not sure what the big deal is, since you've already made sure there are no witnesses. I guess it's just part of following VV's instructions, since she told you to "be careful about using disciplines in front of the hunter."

Here's a question... where exactly is Chastity hiding her sword? Shocked
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:33 pm

PGM1961 wrote:

Here's a question... where exactly is Chastity hiding her sword? Shocked

You sir, have a dirty dirty mind.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:31 pm

It's certainly a misnomer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diablerie!!! (question mark)   diablerie - Diablerie!!! (question mark) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Diablerie!!! (question mark)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next