Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Le Grand Théâtre

Go down 
+13
Bloodywolf
Karavolos
ThePhilosopher
Kogamitsu
Nachtrae
Nicholas Masterson
Raekel
Sio
8people
Duncan.Oliver
z.o.o.
Eliza
simison
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:34 pm

As Miri draws closer to Duncan , he begins to smile. When she leans against the wall next to him, he turns to face her, a bemused look on his face.

Good evening. Miri, isn't it? I'm Duncan. I believe you're new to Bordeaux as well?
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Miri's eyes widen slightly with pleasant surprise when Duncan shows he is already familiar with her nickname, her smirk turns into a broad smile. Hm, it's actually "Miriel," but yes, Miri is a nickname of mine.

She raises a brow and eyes the rest of the room with exaggerated suspicion, her voice noticeably flattened. Why? Am I being talked about already?

She was joking, but she looks back to Duncan wrinkling her nose and smirking with some small degree of self-aware embarrassment, Or maybe I talk about myself loudly enough to overhear?

Miri interrupts her own train of thought, she licks her teeth and returns to smiling. I couldn't help myself but to be nosy just earlier, she admits, pausing to sip from her glass, I asked Mlle. Vonigner who you were. I understand you are M. Oliver?

And yet, she interrupts herself yet again, looking Duncan over, still smiling pleasantly, I don't see why we should do away with the quaintness of formal introductions.

She extends her free hand to Duncan and reverts to acting as if they are perfect strangers having never heard the names or taking notice of each other before. Hi, I'm Miri of clan Toreador, and I am also new to Bordeaux.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Duncan stops leaning against the wall and turns to face Miri. He reaches out to shake the hand she extends toward him, and goes so far as to bow slightly over her hand, before releasing it.

I'm pleased to meet you, Miriel. I'm Duncan, of clan Brujah. I haven't heard any gossip about you yet; I merely overheard your introduction to M. Lehin. And yes, my last name is Oliver.

Have you met many Kindred tonight? I've been making the rounds, but there are still a few I haven't met, such as M. Lehin, and the Toreador Primogen. I'd planned to introduce myself the Malkavian Primogen next -- I had steeled my nerve for the occasion -- but I see he's engaged with Catherina Giovanni. I'll meet him soon enough, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:21 am

Buffeted by the eminence of Catherina's comeliness and perfume, Victor slows himself to a prowler's pace within one stride.
So many judges here. To us I say, “Innocent until proven Bacchante...”
He smiles, bows, finds her once-twisted wrist and kisses it, and kisses it again.
...You look beautiful this evening, Catherina. How are you?
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:12 am

Jerome stood as his new friend did, accepting the offered handshake. And may your evening be bless with success, Ms. De Boucher, he says with an encouraging, almost-brotherly smile. He watches her as she walks over to the newest Brujah before he sits back down in a chair that is facing the party. He places his arm on the chair's arm and forms a fist, pointing upward. He then rests his head on it, seemingly closing his eyes, as though he were about to take a nap. Since he does not breathe, his still features have the affect of making him seem like a statue. A very, well-dressed statue.

Auspex 2, Awareness 4:

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:16 pm

At a speed which can still be considered walking slowly, Corinna enters the Elysium again, Claudia following behind her. She pauses for a moment to let her gaze sweep through the room once and, as soon as she has done so, heads directly for Jerome, her steps again not too fast.

The Tremere still wears the same dark blue suit she wore at the beginning of the night; the only visible change in her appearance are a few sheets of paper she is carrying in her hand. Sadly for any curious onlookers, only a white side is visible, and she holds them intentionally so that nobody can see what's on them.

In a respectable distance from Jerome, she stops and gives the Toreador a friendly, polite smile, but doesn't say anything except for a formal greeting. Fidgeting a bit with the papers in her hand, she turns slightly to Claudia, obviously so that Jerome pays attention to her aswell.

Auspex 2, Perception 3, Empathy 3:
Awereness 3, Perception 4:
Jerome:

Last edited by Eliza on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Catherina giggles a little to Victor's gestures, she seems to get quite well the humilation she just went through with the Tremere Harpy.
Oh, I'm doing excellent ! Thank you for your compassion, Signore. And how are you tonight ?

Claudia enters back the Elyseum, following closely her clan sister. She has changed all her clothing, probably because of the blood drops, and wears now a late 50's marine quite fashionable dress and shoes, with the handbag that matches worn accross the shoulder. She also wears a very long, blue silky scarf around her neck, as well as a dark red ribon tied to a lock of hair right in front of her left ear.
After two steps, she stops for a moment, putting her hands on her scarf. She looks around as she just stepped for the first time, she could almost look intimidated, or even scared. She blinks slowly after giving a long stare to all Kindred and servants present, and catches up to Corinna, and observes Jerome with her usual kind and friendly look. She doesn't seem to find her words quite yet, so she just touches slowly his shoulder with the tip of her fingers, to finally let out a whisper.

Jerome, Corinna:

Auspex 2, Perception 3 Empathy 3:

Perception 2, Empathy 2:

Perception 3, Awereness 2, Occult 2:
Back to top Go down
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Victor is still smiling.
Heh. Indeed, you are excellent. Is there one in all creation more resilient than a Venetian woman? Care to dance?
He offers Catherina his hand.
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:22 pm

The return of the Tremere ancillae cause the statue to open his eyes all the way, which quickly lock onto the returnees. His blank, marble face breaks out a warm, welcoming smile as Corinna smiles at him.

Jerome, Corinna, Perception 4:

But it is only after Claudia taps him on the shoulder, that the rest of Jerome's body moves as he stands to his feet. It is good to see you in better health, Claudia. Would you like to sit with me? He offers, a hand casually sweeping over the nearby chairs and a careful eye on Claudia.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Catherina lets out a quiet laugh. She looks away, embarrassed or ashamed, she cannot hide she is amused.
Oh Victor, I'm not good enough to dance to opera music ! I can't dance classic at all, to be honest.. But let us talk ! We could try dancing some other night in a.. more propice place. What happened with the Sheriff earlier, if I may know ?

Claudia offers her natural happy smile to Jerome's words and offer, but she seems quickly drawn back.
It was.. Just a side effect, nothing to do with the test earlier. It's alright now ! I promise. I'll explain you everything.

Everything that doesn't fall under Tremere secrecy, that is, which seems to weigh on her, looking away once in a while. She does accept the offer and sits with a thankful smile, facing the assembly. She seems to want Jerome to sit in front of her, as she offers him her hands with trust and friendship. Her eyes show something in between doubt, shame, culpability, and optimism and hope. Her voice is a bit darker, and she ponders every word she uses.
Jerome, we have might have good news... Well I beleive they're good. But there are two questions we must ask you, to confirm. Trust me..

Empathy 2, Jerome, Corinna:

Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Jerome does indeed take the hint and places himself in the seat in front of Claudia. He leans forward in his chair as he replies, voice full of curiosity.
Auspex 2, Perception 4, Empathy 4:
By all means, feel free to ask your questions.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Miri is charmed with his little bow and smiles as Duncan releases her hand. She stops smiling briefly when she notes Duncan making a distinction between his first and last name, Hm? Would you prefer I call you Duncan? I use last names when referring to people until I am told otherwise. She returns to smiling.

Miri shakes her head, but laughs softly as he makes mention of the Malkavion Primogen. I have not made a move to meet many others, tonight. Though, I'm not sure if it is because I don't want to rush tonight, or if I am still feeling some apprehensiveness when it comes to meeting new people. She smirks, In some small way, it feels like some serious nerve-inducing thing, like a child's first day of school. She stops musing, answering Duncan more directly, Oddly enough, despite my shyness, I have had the fortune of meeting Messieurs Lehin and Darvault, the Toreador Primogen.

She takes a moment from listing those she has met to inform Duncan, M. Darvault is gone for the moment, he had a few things to take care of. Of whether or not he will return, I am not entirely sure, but I believe we will see him again tonight. Though I am sure, she motions to Jerome across the room, pointing him out with her glass, that when M. Lehin is no longer occupied, he would be pleased to meet you. She nods lightly. He is a very gracious man. She smiles.

She swishes the red liquid resting in her glass in a small circle before sipping again, As intimidating as it may be, I look forward to meeting the Malkavian Primogen, she admits. He seems like he knows fun, even if "fun" to a Malkavian may sometimes border on the perverse. She nods her head once, reasoning. At least he laughs, and if I heard correctly earlier, sings. She chuckles. I look forward to meeting anyone with a sense of humor or who has a liking for music.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Please, feel free to call me Duncan. I was merely confirming that you had heard correctly, concerning my last name.

If you are going to meet the new neighbors, better to do it on neutral ground. Here in Elysium, we're all on equal footing, more or less. No violence, courtesy rules all, and everyone is on their best behavior. Outside, or in someone else's haven, different rules apply, and the other person might not be so polite.

For example, Theodore, the Brujah Primogen, seems amiable enough, if perhaps not as refined as some might prefer. Personally, I like someone who is plain-spoken. But I'm sure you would rather meet him here, in Elysium, rather than the local Brujah hangout, where you are the only Toreador. It's stressful enough paying one's respects to an elder, without any... distractions.

Duncan makes a pointed glance off to the side, in Franz's direction, then he looks back to Miri and whispers briefly.
Miri:
Then Duncan smiles at Miri, and his voice returns to normal.

Yes, I hope to meet M. Darvault before the evening is over. M. Lehin as well. The latter strikes me as a very down to earth individual, if somewhat sad, for some reason. However, he seems to share a close friendship with Mlle. Vonigner. I'm glad to see her back with us, and looking healthy.

As for the Malkavian Primogen... I was joking about my trepidation at the thought of meeting him, although he is Malkavian, and as such, warrants caution when in his presence. Sometimes their madness may seem comical and harmless, but don't let that blind you -- madness is a scary thing, and sometimes the wrong word can set them off.

It's like being on a high cliff, in the mountains. You can enjoy the beautiful view, and revel in the clean, fresh air, but don't let it distract you from what's going on around you. The slightest misstep can be lethal.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Miri listens to Duncan as he gives his advice, she whispers back,
Duncan:
She smiles, I've yet to meet the other Brujah, and your Primogen, Theodore. But I really like his beard, she adds laughing, almost innocently.

She sips from her glass again, but stops, nodding as Duncan mentions Claudia's return to Elysium. Mm! Yes, I am also glad to see Claudia is well. I doubt we'll ever know exactly what happened, but I am content to see that she is back. Her eyes smile.

Miri looks serious as Duncan makes a warning about the Malkavians. For a brief moment, she almost looks amused by his words of caution. You know, if you're not sure which step it's going to be that ends it, she says, matter-of-factly, what good is having caution around an all-encompassing mountainside whose gaze you can't escape?

She clarifies, This is actually why I only plan on visiting such cliffs. Not haunting them. She smiles, raising her brows.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Miri:
Duncan returns Miri's smile.
I'm not trying to frighten you away from meeting people. I'm just saying, be careful.

Speaking of introductions, you haven't been presented to the Prince yet, have you? I found him to be very cordial, especially considering my lack of status in Bordeaux. I only spoke with him briefly, of course; yet I've heard that he is a very competent individual. Considering the source, this is high praise, indeed.

Earlier, I saw Laure Nolveaux, the Elysium Keeper, tell a female Kindred that she could see the Prince; although I have yet to see her presented. I'm not sure of the reason for this delay. Perhaps the Prince had more pressing matters intrude; or maybe it's just a matter of cold feet on the part of the new Kindred. Either way, I'm sure Laure, or Celine, Prince Gosuin's de facto Seneschal, would be happy to arrange for you to be presented.

Duncan grins at Miri. Of course, I don't want to run you off; I'm just suggesting whom you could speak with, when you're ready.

Without being obvious, Duncan will indicate Kindred whom he has met, or whose names he has picked up in passing: Suzanne, a Brujah; Franz, her sire; Corinna, a Tremere; Alicia, who seems to be a Harpy; Alicia's dark-haired companion, whose name is unknown; and Igor, a Nosferatu.
I haven't met the rest of the Nosferatu, although I'd like to. From something Theodore said, I believe the Nosferatu Primogen is named 'Doctor'. I assume he's the tall one in the white mask, and the black gothic outfit, rather than the two nondescript gentlemen with him. I wouldn't bet money on that, however.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:55 am

Fading (unwittingly?) into the background as always, assuming the role of a quiet observer, Corinna keeps her position so that nobody except her clan sister and Jerome can see her face. She shuffles the papers in her hands without looking at them when Claudia mentions the questions she wants to ask, but doesn't say anything.

Auspex 2, Perception 3, Empathy 2:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:33 am

Claudia pulls it together, and with hands gestures, she tries to explain herself, to organize her reasonning, looking from time to time to Corinna, as for approval, or so she could explain the idea in more correct words. She keeps her voice quite down.

Perception 3, Auspex, Jerome, Corinna:

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:52 am

Smiling reassuringly at Claudia, from time to time nodding to her words, Corinna lets her clan sister finish speaking before she adds something herself. She talks at the same voice level as Claudia, not wanting anybody but Jerome to hear what she says.

Jerome, Claudia:

She pauses for a moment, as if to rephrase what she has in mind, and throws an excusing look towards Jerome, accompanied by a small (sad?) smile.

Jerome, Claudia:

Again shuffling the papers in her hands, this time looking through them, she hands them to Claudia, then folds her hands behind her back.
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:10 am

The positive mood that Jerome had been trying to re-kindle for the last half of his time in Elysium, immediately faded away. His head sunk until he was staring at the floor.
Corinna, Claudia:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Claudia shows a smile, a very happy wide smile, and she shows Jerome one of the sheets of paper.

Jerome, Corinna:

Jerome:
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:16 pm

For a very brief moment, Corinna grimaces as she sees Claudia's face lightening up and gently touches her clan sister's shoulder while speaking hastily and in a hushed tone, as to prevent even Jerome from listening.

Claudia, Jerome:

When Claudia shows the sheet of paper, she lets her hand join the one still behind her back again, and listens silently to her words, observing Jerome carefully. As the other Tremere finishes speaking, she quickly adds words herself.

Claudia, Jerome:

Corinna gestures towards the sheet while she talks, then shifts in her position, still talking quickly to finish before Jerome gets a chance to say something himself.

Claudia, Jerome:
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:33 pm

Jerome slowly raises his head to stare at the two Tremere before him. Bewilderment characterizes his features as he struggles to comprehend the information. He opens his mouth, but is only able to mime a few words before giving up. His right hand begins practicing the wave via his fingers. He takes a deep breath and tries again.
Claudia, Corinna:

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Claudia denies with the head.

Jerome, Corinna:

As she raises her voice, her tone becomes a bit more rebel.
I know we Kindred usually suspect anyone of betrayal, of lying, of manipulating people to darker and secret plots, on wearing a fake mask to keep enemies closer.. But I do not want to step in that game ! Not anymore. Thomas, Laure, Alexandra, Annabelle, Jerome.. You trusted me, despite the fact that I am Tremere. You overlooked the secrets I had to keep silent, none of you ever put me in the difficult position of choosing between my coterie and my clan, even if you resented me.. You forgave me. And you stayed true all the time, even if I could not tell you everything, even if the only words I could say were "it's a Tremere business".
Hell, we're the only coterie in Bordeaux who actually worked beyond basic survival, through a Marquise and Two Princes, even under Tarcisus' reign, and even if we can all live on our own a hundred years after our first meeting, we still stay together.

Corinna, I am sorry, but hope is the only thing that matters.. I cannot help it. Hope is what pointed me to that particular book.. We just can't give it up.
I just cannot accept that she would betray willingly Jerome, it must be a set-up !
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Corinna still doesn't seem to share Claudia's optimism, although all traces of nervousness have vanished from her demeanor. She lets her gaze sweep through the room once, only briefly, then looks back to the two coterie members in front of her. Since her clan sister doesn't bother to tone her voice down, she resumes speaking at a normal voice level, too.

"It's alright, Claudia, don't worry ... I only want to help, but I admit you know each other better than I do. You should know best what's good for yourselves and what's not."

Turning to Jerome, she displays a light and friendly smile.

"Should Claudia be right - and I'm inclined to believe so, even if I always take other possibilites into account, too - we'll find her. And even though I'm not part of your coterie, I do hope you will accept my offer to help you as good as I can."

Auspex 2, Empathy 3, Perception 3:
Back to top Go down
simison
Elder
Elder
simison

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Jerome takes another deep, shaky breath. Do we...do we have any leads? He questions, trying to keep his composure intact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Le Grand Théâtre
Page 8 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21 ... 35  Next