Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Le Grand Théâtre

Go down 
+13
Bloodywolf
Karavolos
ThePhilosopher
Kogamitsu
Nachtrae
Nicholas Masterson
Raekel
Sio
8people
Duncan.Oliver
z.o.o.
Eliza
simison
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Raekel
Neonate
Neonate
Raekel

Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:46 am

Settling in across the table from M. Kersten, a light shade of a smile crosses her lips. Her every move smacks of being coy, her face played with the look one might attribute to a snake toying with its prey. She folds her hands in response, fingers steeped as if in prayer. "Just because I do not, doesn't mean I can't go through the motions, but I digress. I do lay claim to a sense of humor after all." Her lips draw wide at the mention of pain, almost as if she anticipated such, her hands dropping to the table, palms down. She stares at his cheek bones, a fascination that they are high as they do appear to be, then to the tip of his nose, before following the cleft to the shape of his lips. With her glasses, her seemingly enlarged eyes are easy to follow, for anyone facing her. I do realize that all of this ritual isn't supposed to understood by us lowly Kindred outside the Chantries, but could you please explain the physical motions you will be taking?

Halfway through her request, she turns to one side, now observing his jawline, down his neck and how it meets his collar, then back over his shoulders to the hints of hair, as it has been pulled back by Mr. Kitty, the wonder-clip. Her fingers then steeple together, cracking her knuckles.. I just want to know for sure that the damage wouldn't be too, how might you say, of the collateral nature. She all but turns her hand to him, as he's suggested, but pauses, for just the most sure of moments. I just have to be sure, Madame Sturbridge spoke highly of you, but you warn me of not having done this for a while, so I do have to wonder. But yes, do be a dear, read my palm, as it were. I'm certain that you will find my blood satisfactory to what you are seeking.

As she finishes this question, she takes the wine flute, and with a trained elegance and an upturned pink, begins to drink of the blood as if the finest of wines. Her head moves just so as she takes the lightest whiff of its essence, eyes now closing and the crimson slipping past her lips, allowing him option for explanation, or to leave a pregnant pause as he might just so decline. She then quakes slightly as she hears Miri's retort to Alicia, the flute of vitae jostling a little, but never spilling the first drop. She turns to look, seeing Alicia sitting with Miri, and her face scrunches up just a little. She looks back over to her own seating partner, a cringe slightly pulled across her lips.

Seems Miriel has met someone... interesting. She says this, a pregnant pause on the tip of her tongue, knowing now might not be the best time to fully follow through undue repartee.

Auspex 2:
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:29 am

Duncan, Perception 3, Auspex 1 sight:
Miri cringes slightly and waves her hand to Duncan's greeting, as if buzzing away a bothersome gnat, Please, no, call me "Miri." She places her hands on her hips as she stops beside him and sighs, glad to see someone familiar again. She smiles to him, confessing, ...All this formality's starting to chafe.

She considers what Duncan says with a studious expression, her eyes coldly scanning the room. Her gaze lingers momentarily on Alicia, Can't say anything of note's been eating up my time, before moving on. She blinks, shrugs and then spends some more time gazing.

Suddenly, Miri has a renewed sense of enthusiasm, she looks back to Duncan. Her eyes kept returning to the same general area while she studied the room.

Duncan, Perception 3:

Miri offers her arm to Duncan in a faux-gallant fashion, smiling in the way she believes dashing leading men in classic films do before they ask a lady to dance. She is, of course, joking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Duncan appears to be oblivious to any undercurrents in Miri's voice, including the not-so-subtle glance and jab at Alicia. When Miri offers her arm, Duncan will look at the arm with a raised eyebrow, and a smile, but he does not move to take it. Instead, he will turn a bit to the side and sweep his arm in a gesture that says, 'After you.' The general direction of this gesture is the same direction that Miri was looking -- towards Elisabeth.

Please, Miri, we're not even dating. Shall we start by meeting the young woman languishing alone in the corner?
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Dating? Miri chuckles out loud and looks surprised, but smiles still, Who says I think we're dating? She crosses her arms as her laughter fades, explaining, I was merely offering a friendly appendage.

She thinks about what she just said and how it must sound and concedes to one of her thoughts, Though I suppose someone might consider "sharing appendages" one of the trappings of being a couple. She shrugs, feigning an innocent, bemused expression before at last smiling at her innuendo. It's often funnier that Miri smiles at her own jokes.

Still, she follows after Duncan's gesture, minding the original subject of conversation. She walks just past him, but slows to brush a stray lock of hair behind her ear and look back to him,
Mm, yes. She nods, her behavior is more sincere than before, She looks like she could do with some interaction, if even for some idle chatter.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:45 am

As Duncan falls in beside Miri, he will play along with the banter.

The only 'sharing of appendages' I have planned for this evening is shaking the hands of a few Kindred.

The two Kindred continue on towards Elisabeth. As they near her, Duncan will lean in and say something to Miri.
Auspex 1:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Unlike his.. test subject ? Lyle's eyes are harder to follow. A casual, inattentive observer could think he is carefree or distracted, yet most Kindred have lived long enough and have been confronted to so much that they know it's more than just that. A very significant smirk appears on his lips as Raekel asks him about the Thaumaturgical test and the fact that he has not done it for a while. His voice show a certain disappointment, in a very light-hearted tone.
Usually, people do not ask voluntarily to be psyched out before submitting to a Thaumaturgical test !
He joins a hand movement with the paper knife, maybe a little too loose while holding the piece of cutlery. The gesture may be a bit intimidating due to it being wider and maybe more brutal than usual soft manners.
Quaff that, I'll need the glass. For that particular "order", he sounds a bit colder. Once the glass is empty and on the table, he takes Raekel's hand on his own, closing his fingers around the wrist, very slowly, almost like he's measuring his grab.
What you might have witnessed under that Scarlet Witch's watch is not the norm. Tests are not performed as often, especially in francophone Europe where it's common knowledge we are all suspicious untrustworthy Nazi bastards plotting to.. whatever we are planning since it's all about the pyramid and greater boards we are not aware of. Lyle's eyes wander a little in the room, as if he was expecting some reactions, without much of them sadly. He then lowers slightly his voice, acting like he's telling a huge secret, approaching a little more Raekel to emphasize this "secret". Good trick that, to avoid responsibilities, wasn't it ? Worked like a charm. This is what Bordeaux is all about. And this is also why, even though she is probably certainly right about me, Sturbridge is wrong about the reasons behind everything.
Kersten leans back, with a wider smile to the idea of having a reputation among his peers, he doesn't hide his amusement of the situation, however there is no particular pride or deepness neither in his voice nor in his attitude. As he moves back, he pulls Raekel's arm along, slightly, and turns it so he can see the inside of the arm.
For your curiosity, I'll cut open your wrist to make you bleed to fill this glass. The rest of the procedure is a Tremere secret.
The Regent doesn't wait for Raekel's approval and sticks the paper knife in her wrist and, as he said, cuts it open following an artery. He holds the arm higher, so the wound would bleed in the glass, and Kersten knows physics well enough to avoid any spill. He leaves the knife in, preventing the healing, until the deed is complete. Once the glass is filled, Lyle sticks out the knife and lets go the arm. A hand gesture indicates with disdain that Raekel can (and maybe must) leave.

Andrew is very attentive and observes with great care the procedure, but he doesn't try to step in. One could almost say he's trying to be forgotten.

Raekel, Perception 3, Medecine 1:

Raekel:

In utter disbelief, Alicia doesn't respond to Miri and lets her go. She keeps her composure very well though, and goes to take Adriano's arm and forget about it. If she's acting her composure, she is very good at it.
Back to top Go down
Raekel
Neonate
Neonate
Raekel

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:23 pm

"One might say that I'm not like most." Her grin grows wide, all apparent nervousness completely, remarkably gone. She seems almost unflappable, downing the liquid life like a dignified predator, such as she is. Her eyes almost stray up into his as he takes her wrist in his hand, contorting it, leaving the hand at rest within his own. As the dull fang bites deep, this paper knife, she scantly even flinches, locked in on him.

"I thought you said this might hu-," and then the blade, moving along her artery, slowly gutting her arm like a fish with its dull, forceful, yet smooth movement causes that flicker of pain. "Ah, there it is." Rather than grimacing, she grins deeper, watching as this incision is made, as the blood trickles out. See, the vampire heart, as she's studied it, only beats when it must, the only blood that will splash is what is immediately there. Why, with the way things are working, she could weaponize her blood and splash it in his face, but what a waste of the bounty she had reaped that would be.

As he dismisses her, she thinks back on what he said of Sturbridge, holding her arm as she heals it, risking ever more the hunger that she has yet to sate since arrival. It's not that she's particularly starved, but she felt it more important to make due the presentation than predation and mastication. She watches her arm slowly seal, from wrist to the point she had plugged with her finger, pulling it away at the last moment and sucking the dirtied digit clean.

Feeling properly re-situated, she scans the room then for Miriel, finding her with Duncan and heading in the general direction of Elizabeth. Scurrying in that direction, she slows to a more presentable stride as she comes up behind them.
"Oh, I'm sorry about that taking so long." She then politely says to Duncan, "I'm sorry I didn't catch your name outside, given the debacle as it happened. I'm Raekel Montalbain, and it is my pleasure to make your acquaintance." As before, as it might have been over heard, her French is not exactly perfect, but conveys everything roughly properly, if a bit awkward. Perhaps it is a second language, or from another French speaking area.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:48 pm

Miri is already grinning with a suppressed remark even as Duncan has just finished his witty reply, but she decides against being much more facetious than she has been this evening. She chuckles knowingly instead, moving on toward Elisabeth's corner. Her smile fades as they begin walking together.
Auspex 4:

You're too kind, Miri seems to accept Duncan's whispered compliment as if it were any other; either she has ignored the chuckle or she hasn't understood it.

You know what everyone says, "Charming" is my middle name, she rolls her eyes, beginning to smile again. Duncan's jest was not wasted. She nods at his suggestion.

As Raekel approaches, Miri slows down. They're standing just before Elisabeth. Miri smiles politely to Elisabeth, excusing herself for a moment, and then returns her attention to Raekel- She wastes no time asking,
What happened? How did it go? I assume the Prince gave you acceptance, yes? Did you let Mr. Kersten know he has impeccable tastes in cutlery? More importantly, could you use a drink? The flurry of questions were delivered with a mix of expressions, though mostly smiles that say she's glad to see Rae again.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:42 am

As Duncan and Miri reach Elisabeth, Duncan sees Raekel approaching quickly, and then slow down before extending her greeting. His face will betray a mild surprise, but Miri excuses herself to Elisabeth and starts talking to Raekel before he can respond. He will smile at some of Miri's questions to Raekel, notably the one about cutlery, but his amusement has faded by the time she stops talking. Duncan turns to Elisabeth with an apologetic smile, and speaks:

Forgive me for a moment, Mademoiselle. Duncan will then turn back to Raekel, and the smile has been replaced by a look of concern.

Actually, Mlle. Montalbain, we did meet briefly outside, just before you rushed across the plaza to meet the Regent. But perhaps the ordeal you just suffered has driven that detail from your mind. Are you alright? You seem a bit... drained by the process; no pun intended. Your test was much more, shall we say, physical than my own test, earlier this evening. Here; perhaps you need something to help you recover more quickly.

Duncan will gesture to catch Celine's attention, and smile as he makes eye contact, but then his brows furrow in earnest concern as he points to Celine's tray and then to Raekel, mouthing, Could you please...? Once Celine understands, Duncan will nod, and turn back to Raekel.

There; maybe some blood will help you gather your thoughts.

Linguistics 1 + French:
Linguistics 3 or higher:
Back to top Go down
Raekel
Neonate
Neonate
Raekel

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 am

As Miriel barrages her with questions, her face shows a certain bewildered amusement. As the questions keep flowing, with each new one, her eyes growing slightly wider, she waits for the pause before laughing mirthfully while she speaks,"Well, let's just say I kind of like how he gets to the point." She fires up that wicked grin for Miriel as Duncan excuses himself from Elisabeth for a moment, and she notices that look, and thinking back as he explains the situation, she'd completely forgotten! Talk about feeling foolish, and her face shows it as she looks slightly more down and embarrassed, yet still quite jolly about it. "Talk about making social faux pas. I am so terribly sorry."

She glances over her shoulder, then back to the trio she has found herself with, and upon the offer of blood, as he's so graciously acquired, she'll gladly accept it. As she receives the glass, she swirls it in the flute and sniffs lightly at it with her pinkie extended. With a sudden and total lack of grace, she pours it down deep and fast before running such pinkie as what was first intent on looking delicate, along her lip, just checking on the off chance that she hasn't spilled it. "Oh, excuse me. I used to be a street rat. I suppose sometimes, it's just so hard to kick nice habits." Nice habits indeed! As she looks on between the two of them to Elisabeth, her face softens a bit, offering her greetings, "Hello! I haven't met you before, have I? I don't think so, so we'll met, I'm Raekel Montalbain. Raekel or Rae will suffice." She definitely doesn't want to get totally, socially knackered this quickly, so she is watching her toes, so to speak, so as not to step on others.

She glances back to Duncan, now thanking him for procuring the vitae for her ever so delicate consumption,
"Thank you, M. Oliver. May I call you Duncan? That does cut the edge off things."She does appear to be a bit more composed, if bouncing from topic to topic just a bit too much. Still, she does look a little relieved to be through with the required niceties of her presentation.

Auspex 2:
Back to top Go down
Kogamitsu
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kogamitsu

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:48 am

Seeing strange Kindred approach her, Elisabeth flinches; like a cat yet unsure whether to pounce at or away from the intruders. She watches them draw closer, eyes ceased blinking, still like a statue. As one they become distracted, one after another, she widens her stance to draw away.

Upon Raekel's introduction, Liz speaks up.
"Liz... Elisabeth Walker," her voice is hardly audible as the gives her name, yet those who heard the r's roll can see "Scotland!" written all over her. As Raekel glances back to Duncan, Elisabeth ceases her opportunity and shifts quickly towards the only Kindred familiar to her, Andrew and Kersten. Seeing Kertsen occupied with his tests, Elisabeth stops next to Andrew with a casual "Hello!" to her peer.

Auspex, Empathy 2 or Perception 3:
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Estela stares at the Sheriff as he speaks so dismissively about her Sire and his demise. It’s clear that she’s far from comfortable with his rather cold answer, but she holds her tongue, glad that she wouldn’t have to face some form of retribution for her earlier words. Something she’d been a little afraid off despite her apology. She gives a little nod to confirm that she indeed had been given the key and address to her late Sire’s haven and watches him leave after that, barely able to suppress a mild shudder that ran down her spine.

Turning to Laure, the vampire answered the warm smile with one of her own. Some uncertainty momentarily flickers in her eyes at the mention of the Malkavian bloodline of the Sheriff, but it disappears quickly again, replaced by thankfulness as the Elyseum Keeper agrees to help her out.
“Ah, thank you so much. I really appreciate it…like I said before.” She listens intently to the older vampire while following her, nodding occasionally to show she understood what she was being told. It wasn’t all that complicated after all, she just had to remember it. Especially the part about the Hospitality Tradition. Estela is visibly anxious when entering the Prince’s room, not wanting to screw up her first impression on the Prince. She bows just as she’d been instructed to do, but just as before, when she’d bowed before the Sheriff, it comes of a little clumsy and probably not as deep as it should be. “Good evening, Prince Gosuin. I hope I’m not disturbing anything. My name is Estela Aguilar. I’m a….Toreador and…well, very new to this whole night time world. I’m here to ask for the word of acceptance under the Hospitality Tradition because I am nothing without it.” Okay she’d done it and now felt extremely awkward. Not like she’d been forced to ask permission to stay anywhere in such an odd and formal way during her human life.

auspex 2, subterfuge 2:
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Miri smiles and begins to nod at Raekel's pun, but she doesn't grin until she has watched her down her glass of vitae so quickly. Miri waves off Rae's 'excuse me,' as if she knows all to well, and is about to speak until she hears Elisabeth squeak out her name in response to Rae and then retreat to Andrew's side. She waves pitifully to Elisabeth as she disappears, saying a bit too late, Hi, I'm Miri. Pleased to meet you.

She watches as she makes herself scarce and then shrugs, dismissing it to return her attention to Duncan and Raekel.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:31 am

As Raekel remembers their previous meeting with a touch of embarrassment, Duncan nods and gives a bemused smile. However, when Raekel blurts out her introduction to Elisabeth, the smile disappears; and when Liz takes advantage of Raekel's last words to Duncan to sneak off and rejoin Lyle and Andrew, Duncan is not pleased. The flash of Brujah temper Duncan displays at this action is the first time anyone here has seen him display anger this evening. Any lingering doubts as to whether Duncan is truly Brujah are gone now.

While Miri tries in vain to greet the departing apprentice, Duncan turns to face Raekel with a glare. He starts to speak, and then clamps down on whatever he was about to say, hard enough that the muscles on his jaw stand out. After a few seconds, the glare lessens, although the tension still remains in Duncan's face.

That... could have gone better. Thank you for running up -- running, mind you! -- and scaring her off. I would've thought the Regent would keep you occupied for a little longer.

Duncan turns away, and looks over at the Tremere neonates, standing next to Regent Kersten. When he speaks again, his voice is a bit less stern, although there is still an angry tone to it.

Part of it's my fault. Pointing out your bad memory, for amusement's sake, like I'm some kind of fucking harpy. I should have just told you to wait a second, while I introduced myself to her. Instead, I told her to wait, while I spoke to you. That was rude of me. It probably didn't help having three Kindred accost her at once, either. No wonder she bolted.

He looks at Raekel once more, although he spares a less caustic glance for Miri as well.

I think I'll let you two ladies talk, and I'll excuse myself for a bit. I'm all out of witty banter; I'll have to buy some more before I join you again. Maybe I'll see you later.

With a parting nod to Miri, Duncan walks away, without waiting for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Raekel
Neonate
Neonate
Raekel

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 2:45 am

Blinking. That would be about the limit of what she was able to do, besides stare dumbfounded at how this all went down. How was she to know that Liz bore heavily to the rabbit-like impulse. She was merely trying to appeal to what seemed to be the more youthful airs of the younger vampires she'd typically met. Utterly flabbergasted, Raekel finds herself at a rare, complete loss for words, and as such takes her berating with a shocked appearance.

Perhaps it was her fault, perhaps she should have studied the situation more, however, she didn't, instead following impulse and false instinct. It lead to this, to this moment of curious verbal assault. To say that she was outraged would be a lie, no, she was much more bewildered. As Duncan finishes his tirade and begins tramping off, she furrows a brow, looking to Miriel.
"What, precisely just happened. One second, I was making my greetings, the next, I'm verbally drawn and quartered." She sucks at her teeth for a moment, glancing from Miriel to the fuming Duncan and back again, her slender fingers tousling her loose bangs."I gather what I did wrong, but how was anyone to know that this was what was wrong?"

Painfully serious for the moment, Raekel just stands there, curious. Her eyes cast somewhere between Miriel's navel and her own, she's left to wonder how that all went wrong.

"...just doesn't make sense."

Auspex 2:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:41 pm

The Prince and the Toreador Primogen exchange a very meaningful look when Estela presents herself. Laure takes a step towards the Prince and leans to whisper him a few words, just after Estela mentioned her clan, and while she asks for the Hospitality Tradition. Gosuin slowly finger-frowns once he gets the Elyseum Keeper's information, as if he had got a headache, in the lines of "oh Lord I need vacations". Laure passes behind the Prince while he addresses Estela, to be able to reach her Primogen and whisper him information -certainly the same information-, who has given her a look full of questions. A careful look to Gregory shows he got dulled and he lets out a despair sigh.
While Gosuin speaks to this new Kindred, he retakes his composure and puts both his hands on the desk as he stands up once more, to have his body language a bit more welcoming. He smiles with a certain compassion and observes closely Estela. His tone of voice is in between friendly and respectful, yet there is a polite distance.

(Prince Gosuin) I was aware of your Sire's existence and mission, to which I thank him, and I thank you. Consider yourself welcome to Bordeaux, Miss Aguilar... However, this "however" is a bit more commanding than the rest of the words he had spoken all night long, Lineage is nothing one can do about ; it is sometimes a source of pride or shame, as the color of our skin and our nationality. I advise you to begin accepting it as part of who you are now and to work with it, once you are settled with this new existence. Madame Nolveaux will help you out fill in the blanks concerning our existence, as well as the Sheriff. You can go.

Gosuin's tone doesn't sound very convinced that the Sheriff will help out Estela, but he does seem certain Laure will.
While Laure approaches back Estela, Gregory Darvault offers the young Kindred a warm smile. His own compassion towards her situation somewhat seems more deep and genuine than Gosuin's, probably out of being more sensitive to the subject of being turned into a vampire, certainly against one's will, plus Toreador being more in touch with mortality. Gregory is certainly more expressive than Gosuin, even if he stayed silent the whole time.
Laure seems to wait for Estela to be ready before walking her out. She'll walk her to an empty table so they can sit and talk.
Victor de Sainte-Croix, who is leaning against the wall adjacent to the opened doors of Gosuin's room, gives her a very wide, amused smile full of playfulness to Estela when she turns to leave. He stays silent as well.

Etiquette 2, Intelligence 3:

Celine, having saw Raekel's blood being drained in a quite violent way, was already going to approach her with blood, but she had to stop by the reserve first. She nods at Duncan's gesture, as she understood the request, and once her tray full once more, she walks back to Raekel and Miriel. She offers to Duncan as she crosses path with him, who is walking away from the two Toreador, and once he either accepted, refused or walked away from her, the Senechal approaches Raekel and Miriel to offer them access to her tray.

Scoop opens his small backpack and draws a netbook he lends to the Sheriff, certainly by Doctor's unspoken order. The Sheriff takes it and walks away, to turn on the small computer and read the USB key with it. He walks to the balconies and uses the guardrail as a desk. Theodore shrugs to leave the Sheriff do his own job. The Brujah Primogen takes this time as being a good moment to take the Gangrel Primogen slightly away, speak him a few words, makes a gesture to Kersten, Andrew and walking Elisabeth. Henri gives a very suspicious and surprised look to the Tremere and then to Theodore, then follows him to Gosuin's Room, after Estela and Laure have walked out. Laure gives them both a friendly wave when she crosses them, too.
Scoop takes a seat so be able to see the Prince's room, and takes from his backpack an old booklet and begins taking notes.
The Prince greets Theodore and Henri with a polite smile. Victor leaves his wall to walk in the Prince's room and stand on the background, behind Gosuin. The Malkavian Primogen exchange a few looks with Gregory, who smiles back at the young man.
Doctor leaves the Elyseum with a hasten walk. One can see him take a phone out of his pocket and call someone. His voice will not be heard though, certainly because as whoever he calls doesn't answer him in the few seconds it takes the Nosferatu to walk out of the Elyseum.
Adriano walks in the Deambulatoire once more and approaches lonely Suzanne, who seems to accept to converse with him with a certain mistrust. Alicia stays on the balconies.

Lyle plays a little with the glass filled with Raekel's vitae, making it turn, observing it to the light, as one could do with a fine wine. He gives a brief look to Elisabeth as she approaches but doesn't mind her more than that, as he drives back his attention to the vitae. He also gives other looks as other Kindred move around the rooms. Lyle doesn't seem very concentrated with his test, so maybe he lied about him not having done so for awhile.
Andrew gives a warm but very tired smirk to Elisabeth as she approaches him. He moves the chair next to him to invite her to sit. He responds to her in a foreign language, certainly English. His voice is slightly broken down by fatigue.

Linguistics - English:

Lyle gives back his two Apprentices another look while he uses a paper tissue to clean up the letter-opener and sets both objects on the table. He puts the tip of his index finger in the glass and tastes the blood. He smiles widely to his own test, then catches the first servant passing by, gives him the glass. An audible "Dispose of this, would you ?" can be heard, as the servant, surprised by the request, obeys and disappears to where Celine walks in and out to get rid of used glasses and comes back with full ones. Once such an order given, Kersten stands up, takes back the paper knife in his right hand, his computer bag's strap on a shoulder, puts the disposable napkin in his pocket, and addresses the two Apprentices with a certain commanding voice, despite being half-serious, and as friendly as he can.
(Lyle) Very well ! Let's go present you both so we can all do something productive with our time, like assigning your rooms and discussing Tremere plots, shall we ?

He invites the two apprentices to follow him as he walks towards Gosuin's room. The Prince observes him do so with much apprehension, anticipating the Tremere Primogen to lie and cheat. Theodore looks excited, he smiles to Lyle as expecting, too, the most obnoxious story to be told by the Tremere.
Andrew stands up and seems ready to follow, although he still looks tired. He waits on Elisabeth so he can walk close to her, behind Lyle.

Claudia walks in Elyseum once more, right after Doctor has left -they probably crossed paths in the stairs-, and her footsteps were fast, as if she had been running. She has not changed clothing, she still wears this very 50's marine dress, but she doesn't wear neither the big blue silken scarf nor the red ribbon in her hair anymore. She even stops for a few seconds once in the Deambulatoire, to take the time to calm down a little and to behave. She scans the room, to see who is where, but she doesn't move yet.
Laure noticed Claudia and smiled at her, even though she's not sure the Tremere has seen her do so.

Auspex 2:

Perception + Alertness/Empathy over 5:

Intelligence + Etiquette over 5:
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 pm

As Duncan grits his teeth, Miri stands elbow in hand, head tilted, fingers of the opposing hand touched to her temple. She appears braced for whatever comes next. She doesn't speak a word the whole while, as he grows angry, then collected, then resolute to find space to cool off. She offers him a small sort of understanding smile as he looks to her and then leaves. Even when he is gone, her posture remains tilted. She looks like she may be nursing an oncoming headache.
Auspex 2:

As Rae begins to speak, Miri looks to her and smiles politely, lifting her head from its tilt on fingers to rest thoughtfully on her palm. Her smile softens sympathetically as Rae's gaze lowers.
Auspex 2:

She lets a quiet moment pass, to allow Raekel's thoughts to mingle. She takes a breath and begins speaking frankly, in a hushed tone,
Rae, Auspex 1 hearing:

She places her hands onto her hips, shrugging whatever worries there are off for Rae, It's nothing to worry about, he'll be back when he's vented. He just seems to be the type that appreciates some... she shakes her head, searching for the word, Courtesy of orderliness? It's not a personal thing. She smirks, reasoning, His orders were momentarily derailed, that's all. He'll have another chance to meet... she's almost forgotten already, Elisabeth? Yeah. She nods.

Celine approaches and Miri smiles at her arrival directly, she gladly accepts a glass from the tray and nods a thank you to her.

Etiquette 3, Subterfuge 3:

Miri holds her glass and thinks to herself, grinning for a long second, God, I fucking love the Brujah, she covers her grin with the glass before she finds herself chuckling hard, though she's not joking.

There was nothing, in actuality, 'wrong.' Your timing was just not the best, but it's nothing that's a fault. He was also not simply angry for the sake of being angry. He honors his manners like any ethical code, and something threw what he pays his respect to off kilter for a bit. No biggie.

When she is done speaking on the matter, Miri makes an unconscious glance at the Prince's room as Lyle and his apprentices enter. She scrunches her nose briefly in thoughtfulness, before turning to Rae again.
This is completely off subject, but either Mr. Kersten is indeed the sweetest, most innocent man I have ever seen but have still gotten the creeps from, or there's something all... 'wizardy'... going on. As dead serious as Miri's expression asserts she is, she could not think of a better word at the moment to describe Lyle's specific kind of suspiciousness, and so its ridiculousness must suffice for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Kogamitsu
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kogamitsu

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Elisabeth smiles timidly at Andrew.

Linguistics - English::

As Lyle gives his orders, Elisabeth responses with a nod. She follows him to Gosuin's room, sticking closer to Andrew than Lyle. She cracks her knuckles, nervously, under the studying looks of the Kindred inside, then places them behind her back and widens her stance again, to appear as gallant as she could fake it. Naturally, nothing really hides her nervousness from anyone.

She comes close to saying something to Andrew, but she remains silent instead and begins searching for the imaginary pences on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 am

When Celine crosses Duncan's path and offers him a glass of blood, he tries not to scowl as he refuses, briefly but politely. The best he can manage is a neutral expression; but at least he doesn't scare her. Celine continues on to Raekel and Miri.

Duncan watches as the group of primogen and elders breaks up, each going their separate ways. Duncan observes the Nosferatu Primogen leaving Elysium, and his frown returns for a moment; but he merely shakes his head. However, he looks at Scoop, and the Nosferatu's vantage point on the Prince's room, and walks toward that table. He stops a few feet away from Scoop, and asks a question.

Excuse me, do you mind if I join you?

As he speaks, Duncan gestures toward another chair at the table. It doesn't block Scoop's view, and also allows a view of the Prince's audience room, as well as a good portion of the Deambulatoire.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:28 am

As the Prince begins to speak to her, Estela rises her head a little to look at him before she catches herself and lowers her gaze once more. At the commanding ‘however’, she winces visibly and doubt as well as some fierceness crosses her features when the Prince continues about her having to accept what she was. It’s obvious she has high doubts about actually being able to accept her lineage and would rather fight it every inch of the way. Then she suddenly frowns, realizing that the Prince knew something she didn’t want him to, but since he kept it silent the young vampire had no wish to begin about it. “Thank you sir. For…everything,” She said after being dismissed, relief settling in her voice, glad she managed to survive that ordeal. Catching the smile of a guy with glasses, she smiles back while following after Laure. Another smile is send to the person near the door, a bit of surprise beginning to show in her features. Estela hadn’t expected such seeming openness, but it was a pleasant surprise for her. Eyes linger a little on the wild haired, kitty pin wearing man as he passes with two others following behind him.

Plopping down on a chair in a fairly unrefined manner, Estela lets out a heavy and relieved sigh, a hand running through her short hair.
“Worse than holding a presentation in front of your entire class, I’ll tell you that.” She grinned widely. “Thanks for dragging me through that.” Noticing the distraction from Laure, she’s smiling at someone, Estela turned her head in the direction the Elyseum Keeper is looking at in a reflex, then turns back after a fleeting glance. It takes a second before a frown creases her forehead and she turns her head again to the woman who’d just entered and is beginning to look….spooked? It doesn’t take great skill to notice that Estela is intently observing the woman as she doesn’t even try to be discreet about it. One could practically see the gears turning in her head. Then. “Madre de Dios!!” The young vampire exclaims loudly in Spanish as she jumps up from her seat, eyes wide and mouth agape in sheer surprise. “Claudia?! Wha…How?” She looks back and forth between Laure and Claudia, surprise, curiosity and bewilderment all evident on her expression. She’d not even begun to consider the possibility of meeting someone familiar but there it is, standing in the very same room as Estela……and surrounded by vampires. Doubt began to make itself know, followed by suspicion.
linguistics 2 or linguistics – Spanish:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Scoop barely lifts his head when Duncan addresses him, he does stop his note-taking out of politeness, he nods and smiles under the semi-descent skin, showing a few rotten teeth. He lets hear a raucous, half-playful voice, and joins in the gesture to confirm the "invitation".
Not one bit, we're all kinda free to do as we like in here. What's your opinion on that ?
The Nosferatu uses his pencil to gesture towards Gosuin's room, with a round movement as "a whole". It's possible he means what happened with Estela, but it's more likely he's talking about the global apprehension feeling towards the Tremere Primogen going to explain new apprentices, which, to the look of it, didn't seem planned or agreed with the Council nor the Prince.
Even if his acceptance of Duncan's presence is certainly sincere, Scoop's voice and his body language betrays a certain uneasiness. He's tense, and he has been so episodically all night, so it's not truly new.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Duncan nods at Scoop's answer, and seats himself at the table. He looks in the direction Scoop is pointing, and takes in the sight of Lyle Kersten and his two apprentices as they enter Prince Gosuin's audience chamber, and take their places. The Prince and a few of the Primogen watch the Tremere as they enter, their expressions ranging between anticipation and doubt. It's obvious that they are all awaiting a spectacle, rather than the relatively boring presentations that have happened so far this evening. Whether or not Lyle is looking forward to this is hard to tell from the look on his face.

Duncan, whose expression is still far from cheerful (although it's not directed at the Nosferatu), shrugs his shoulders and looks back at Scoop.

Don't see what the big deal is. Kersten's presenting two new Tremere, and it looks like everyone is about to demand an explanation. But there have already been three Toreador presented this evening, and I didn't see anyone press M. Darvault for details. Four Toreador, if you believe the last young lady... which the Prince obviously didn't.

It's obvious that Duncan's earlier outburst didn't totally distract him from what was happening around Elysium. He takes in Scoop's obvious apprehension, and makes a comment:

You seem a bit on edge... I doubt it's anything to be worried about. The Regent seems smooth enough to give a plausible story, which the others will accept, even if they don't really believe it. Or is it me that's the cause of your concern? If so, don't worry -- I have nothing against the Nosferatu. You guys just wear the Beast on the outside, instead of on the inside like the rest of us.

My name's Duncan, by the way. Duncan Oliver. Which you probably already knew, since you were here when I was presented. I met Igor earlier, and I assume the well-dressed gentleman who just left is the Doctor, whom I've heard mentioned. I was hoping to meet him too; I hope he's coming back. Anyway, you're still here for me to meet. What's your name?
Back to top Go down
Raekel
Neonate
Neonate
Raekel

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:54 pm

"That jackrabbit? She seems like she'd be hard to nail down long enough to talk to, though. I glanced away for only a moment and she was gone." After leaning in to listen better to the whispered tone, her mood seems to be lighten a little, and as Celine approaches, a grin forms. "I'll take another round, little mouse." She speaks with a slight joviality, gaining back that momentarily lost sense of humor. She swirls this flute of vitae as she has the last, well, two she's had, and this time, finally, appears to get the opportunity to enjoy it, taking a slow sip of the thick crimson liquid. "You're not one of us, but you're here anyhow. Do they treat you well? I spent some time something like you for a while, and I'll just say, it wasn't exactly pleasant." Her face takes on an almost sad look as she says it, her brows furrowing and you can almost see the emotions, for what it's worth, washing back over her just at the mention.

As Miriel begins to explain that there was nothing actually wrong except for her timing, she bears a small smile, breaking the reverie.
"Oh, I know. Just hits a little hard when you're trying to get to know people. Trying not to step on toes, what not and such." Sober, lucid, that's how you could describe her tone, and in a sense, she's wearing her heart on her sleeve, at the moment. With the entrance of the two apprentices with the master apparent M. Kersten, and Miriel's observation there in, she replies, "A little puffed up and pomp to him, and I sincerely doubt we've seen the truth of anything at all tonight. Except maybe Duncan's outrage, but I suppose he comes by it honestly. I did kind of break up the party."

As she speaks, Claudia makes her entrance, but something doesn't seem quite the same. Raekel casts her eyes in that direction, taking note in the minor changes of apparel, something makes her think it not quite by choice."Miri, didn't we see her outside? Something seems just a bit off." She pauses in thought as she mentions something strange about all this. She can't quite put her finger on it. "Do you think we should go speak with her, or have I done enough damage tonight?" She smirks as she tries to make light of the situation, but it's obvious that it still bothers her, just a touch. Somewhere in the midst of her speaking, Estela exclaimed 'Madre de Dios.' It wasn't commonly heard before she came across the waters, but she'd heard it. She also knew it wasn't good, in the times she had heard it. Her eyes pass from Miri to Claudia again, and then to Estela, then a return course back through the two.

Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Miri cringes, Well, to be honest, I'd run, too. I can only wonder how it must have seemed to be suddenly approached by three strange Kindred, one of whom was blathering like a mad woman a moment ago, she tilts her head this way and that, suddenly self-aware.

She listens as conversation shifts from making impressions, to half-truths, and to ruined first impressions again. Miri's face contorts into a fuck-it-all sort of expression as she waves it all off,
Peh, Mr. Duncan will be back, he's a good man. As to whether or not we're seeing truths this evening, I can be thankful the facade in place is pleasant- After all, M. Kersten is sporting the latest of convenience store-bought hair fashions, and I must say, he looks quite good, Miri mimes pawing at Raekel and mouths a meow with a wink before sipping from her glass.

When Raekel speaks to Celine, Miri simply smiles. She has nothing to add to that particular conversation, she instead sips from her glass, looking between the two.

Miri pauses from her drink as she also notes Claudia's return. She says simply,
Yes, perhaps we should greet her. It couldn't hurt- But then again, who's to say what does and doesn't hurt these nights?

The last of her remark was alluding to events earlier in the evening; her voice is flat and rather serious for what she's saying.

Miri leaves her still very full glass on a table top and approaches Claudia, leaving Raekel to decide whether to follow.

When she reaches Claudia, she greets her warmly,
Ah, Ms. Vonigner, welcome back. Her eyes smile, but then search over her before she asks, Are you well? in a sincere and concerned tone.
Back to top Go down
Raekel
Neonate
Neonate
Raekel

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:08 am

"This is true, everyone has their point of frustration, just seems he met his tonight. Chances are, it probably wasn't even me, really, just me being the last straw." A light smirk plays across Raekel's face as she speaks of Kersten's height of fashion. "Suppose now he can have his familiar closer to that wonderful brain of his." She waggles her brows as an almost comical farce of feigning interest as Miri mimics pawing at her, she appearing thoroughly amused.

"I like pleasure mixed with pain.." She pauses, looking deadpan at Miri for a moment before saying rather flatly, "And music is my Aeroplane. Sorry, I had to. It's just something that ran through my head." She shakes her head as she speaks the whole last sentence, a grin also still splayed on her face. As Miri agrees to going, she follows along, sipping the blood as she goes then eventually leaving the empty glass on a table along the way. She finally bites her lip as she arrives, allowing Miri to lead this dance.

Holding her hands behind her back, Raekel listens as the conversation continues, standing just off to the side so that her eyes can easily travel from one to the next as they speak, not altogether appearing as friendly as Mlle. de Boucher. She knows of Claudia, remembering her from outside, but could not exactly say she knows Mlle. Vonigner, waiting for a better moment, where the openings will be cleaner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Le Grand Théâtre
Page 13 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next