Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New and Excluusive Quests???

Go down 
+7
Claudia
SaulottheGentle
Childe of Malkav
Nachtrae
Dragatus
Zer0Morph
Velvet
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Especially the ones that go boom.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:29 pm

childe of malkav,

having played a malkavian in both vanilla and your own C.E.,
i see you as one of my masters,

so....

thankee very kindly for your thoroughly explanatory answer to my question, it proved most enlightening, and for that you have my eternal gratitude,

saulot,
since now i am playing a salubri in TFN 1.1,
i also see you as one of my masters,

so...

i thank you for your understanding and caring patronage of my atitude towards this conumdrum,
and be sure i do understand you regarding the silent darkness

dragatus,
yup, some conversations...
well to say they go boom is too much like saying the conversation ended,
but,
yeah,
sometimes guns are drawn and you'd better duck and lay low lest you get caught in the crossfire....
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 pm

and after such a long detour,
going back on topic,

in both jimmy reed quests he seems to mention an arcade machine that both works as a drop from him where he would well drop the reward for our completion of the quest he proposes and a sort of newspaper vending machine where you place the cash and raise the newspapers, but i checked and doubled checked all the arcade games in the arcade parlor and could not find a single use-able open-eable one....
what gives?

on the other hand,
i do get the impression the phone booth ends up being the vending machone, inclusive i did get the impression that the reward was delivered when i asked for the book inventory when i told him i had completed the quest he proposed, so...

a little bit like, when you go to the pawnshop, the market pop up only shows after a dialogue line, you still have to talk to trip....

so....

please,
either point me to the right place
or confirm my suspicion that, well, it is the phone booth itself that is the book market...
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 pm

and remaining on topic,

i already broke the masquerade twice,
the first time as the option that does that as one of the solutions for daydream believer,
another by deliberately using a masquerade breaking discipline in a safe environment, namely, to use leech to feed from the guy who pees between the dumpsters in the alley to the side of the asylum where the phone booths are,
and yet when i went to check my email,
there was no email from silvia black, proposing the quest obstruction of justice, as you claimed it would....

once again, what gives?
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Velvet wrote:
and remaining on topic,

i already broke the masquerade twice,
the first time as the option that does that as one of the solutions for daydream believer,
another by deliberately using a masquerade breaking discipline in a safe environment, namely, to use leech to feed from the guy who pees between the dumpsters in the alley to the side of the asylum where the phone booths are,
and yet when i went to check my email,
there was no email from silvia black, proposing the quest obstruction of justice, as you claimed it would....

once again, what gives?

You meet her in the tattoo parlor. Did you take out Gimble yet? Once you take him out, you should receive a msg from her for breaking the masquerade if you've been bad. Smile
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 am

thank you so much for clarifying that!!!
as it happens, no, i am not that far along...

but, wait, clarifying not that much,
you go to tattoo parlor before you go to gimble,
and gimble is combat zone, how to break masquerade in taking him down?
and then does that imply i have to go back to the tattoo parlor?
and even more confused, zer0morph mentioned email
ah, you mean, after taking gimble in masquearde breaking fashion, go to haven check email that says meet me at tattoo parlor??
even more confused,
in tattoo parlor phone that works, how you contact gimble, could silvia black be like jimmy reed on that regard?
or do i get to meet her face to face?

and...
well,
the question about jimmy reed is more pressing at the stage i find myself in the game...
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:00 am

Velvet wrote:
thank you so much for clarifying that!!!
as it happens, no, i am not that far along...

but, wait, clarifying not that much,
you go to tattoo parlor before you go to gimble,
and gimble is combat zone, how to break masquerade in taking him down?
and then does that imply i have to go back to the tattoo parlor?
and even more confused, zer0morph mentioned email
ah, you mean, after taking gimble in masquearde breaking fashion, go to haven check email that says meet me at tattoo parlor??
even more confused,
in tattoo parlor phone that works, how you contact gimble, could silvia black be like jimmy reed on that regard?
or do i get to meet her face to face?

and...
well,
the question about jimmy reed is more pressing at the stage i find myself in the game...

Yes, the "Thread of Quests" runs like this. Go to the tattoo parlor and answer the phone. Show up at Gimbles. Kill him Dead Very Happy if you've broken the masquerade, she'll contact you because the tattoo parlor is no longer relevant so she's free to occupy it now.

You'll meet Jimmy Reed after you talk to Trip at the pawn shop. Follow the dialogue that gets you to ask him a "Strange Question" and try to talk him into telling you about someone who could teach you how to hack computers and pick locks. You'll give him your email address and Jimmy will contact you via e-mail. He can sell you books. When you go to the pier to call him, you can talk to him for a little bit. Ask him about Santa Monica and follow that dialogue until he asks you to take care of thugs that hang out in the parking garage. They scare his customers off and of course that's " Bad for Business."

I don't really know if you needed to know all that about Jimmy Reed but if you did. I hope it helps Smile
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:24 am

Just remember: Killing Gimble doesn't give you a masquerade violation. It simply ends the quest that ties up the tattoo parlor.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm

already dealt with jimmy reed, but deep thanks anyway for the length you went to to clarify that character- plot- quest- arc for me.

unfortunately...
i wish you had gone to similar length with silvia black....
just to be sure,
when you say:
Quote :
she'll contact you because the tattoo parlor is no longer relevant so she's free to occupy it now.
you mean by email?
not get the chance to meet her face to face?
not at the tattoo parlor?
and just to be absolutely sure,
when you say
Quote :
if you've broken the masquerade
wait, you did clarify that,
there's no way to kill gimble breaking the masquerade,
a masquerade violation would need to be prior or post...
and, btw, does that make any difference?
before or after?
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Velvet wrote:
already dealt with jimmy reed, but deep thanks anyway for the length you went to to clarify that character- plot- quest- arc for me.

unfortunately...
just to be sure,
when you say:
Quote :
she'll contact you because the tattoo parlor is no longer relevant so she's free to occupy it now.
you mean by email?
when you say
Quote :
before or after?

Well, her quest pops up when you've killed Gimble. When you return to your haven, you'll get an email saying "Blankedy, blank blank*insert player clan nickname here*" telling you to go to the Tattoo parlor where you recieved Gimble's call. She'll come out of the room with the Tattoo chair in the parlor and berate you on breaking the masquerade. She'll then tell you that she has low friends in high places that can help erase evidence of your breakage.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Velvet wrote:

unfortunately...
just to be sure,
when you say:
Quote :
you mean by email?
when you say
Quote :
before or after?

Yes she contacts via email. How does she know your e-mail? We never know but very creepy. Smile You will meet her face to face. She'll tell you to meet her at the tattoo parlor. I really don't think "when" you break the masquerade matters. If you have a mark against the masquerade already before you dispatch Gimble, she'll automatically email you. If not, than I believe she'll email you when you break the masquerade. I understand what I say may not be very clear to others. You'll have to excuse me, I'm from kentucky. I tend to speak in southern dialogue sometimes. I'm trying to break the habit. We have a very lazy way of explaining things. Smile

Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:46 am

thank you forefather of that / my current other identity / avatar, for the great lengths you went to thoroughly answer my question!!!
place myself at your service, plus as apprentice to you master....
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:53 am

and, "a new man" Wink
gosh!!!
i'm cultural relativist, if you "blame" your "failing" to me on that, that alone earns you instant apology!!!
and then you more than make up for that,
when, even when my master saulot went to great lengths to answer, not only you went to the length of sort of recap, you managed to introduce extra info!!! (and including adding a dimension, yup, creepy, how she figures our email, she a hunter of all sorts, plus the abnormal subject of her email, and that the quest is low friends in high places!) Shocked pale affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and Excluusive Quests???   New and Excluusive Quests??? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New and Excluusive Quests???
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5