Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TFN 1.1 Samedi

Go down 
+4
Childe of Malkav
Feral
ThePhilosopher
Stronciy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stronciy
Fledgling
Fledgling

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:08 am

Greetings, Kindred!

Decided to play the game again with Samedi, as they are ugly like Nosferatu and the gameplay will differ.

1)Compress is f#$@#ing Awesome! I felt pleasure watching 5-6 enemies explode at once. The best result so far was in Confession Very Happy
2) People are not so easily scared- you can walk the streets freely, just don't strand in front of the people. And even if you do- no Masquerade violation. They just run in fear! The good bug about this is it is easier to feed on the streets than ever before: scare one and chase him/her into the darkness. The only "logical" escapers were in Hollywood, they never ran into the alleys between the buildings. ))) Violation happens only if you scare 3-4 people at once. Which is rare.
3)Found out that if you commit a crime: you can freely feed on anyone (including police) without masquerade violation.
4) strangely you can freely interact with people in town- no one is scared of you. But at Giovanni mansion they attack you immediately. Aaaand I could not find the key to the library (level 10 lock)
5) if you save a game during Kamikadze Zen mission timer disappears. Aaand I could not find that "nirvana" e-mail, which one of the employees requested from another.
6)Sabbat mission: game crashes (After some hits on the enemy) if you use Compress ( or probably any other discipline) on the 3 hit'n'run chicks (there is a room, where only 3 vampire girls with strange power: you hit them they hit'n'run you). I used disciplines on them 3 times and every time game would crash. I used no discipline on them and no crash.
7) Last floor at Ventru tower: more than half of the guards including personal bodyguards had female Setite model- good looking and cool, but still strange to watch while the character is slashing a female model and "Randolph's" life bar going down)
8)Compress affects all supernaturals in the same IMBA way: they just stand there and watch you killing them. Even Sheriff did not want to teleport ))
9)The game is still easy....
10) I feel that one quest was removed: in this quest from VTM:B you were supposed to find a nosferatu photo in Santa-Monica apartment.... but I could not find an NPC who would give the quest
11) Impossible to finish Romero's quest: can't bring him a girl and no way I can handle the zombies
12) Becket does not appear when you run to the Last Round to talk to Anarchs about ally. In original he used to appear and tell "do not open the sarcophagus and that he is out of town."
13)Becket gives level 5 Scholarship after Leopold Society mission ...I may be mistaken, but he used to do so when you finish the Museum mission and only if you tell him about all strange things that you saw when you first encounter him in Santa-Monica. I mean "what is the point of having Scholarship 5, when game is over?"
14)I've bought all the charms from Mr.OX, bought only one armour in China town, bought few books and cheated with character sheet during conversation only once.... Still had bloodbuff 3, fortitude 5, obfuscate 4, thanatosis 5, bloodheal 2 and a bunch of other things maxed too.
15) ended up with more than 3500$ spare when the game was over.
16) how can a corpse have humanity of 10?
17) I had humanity of 8 or 9, killed like 7-8 people at the Confession... had it decreased to 3, then the screen started blinking, went outside, cops were shooting me, I've killed 5 more innocents and only then had my humanity decreased to 0. So looks like it is ...much harder to get it bellow 3 for Samedi, than Baali... or am I wrong?
18) I have impression that somehow SWAT in Ventru tower is much weaker than the same archers/shooters who work for Hunters....I had pretty much the same stats at Leopold, Sabbat and Ventru, but SWAT did less damage than shotgun Sabbat fighters.

That was new experience, not so tough, as I expected. I used no firearms (lie, killed Treme Antitribu with AUG, but I invested 0 in firearms). Due to the nature of the "appearance" of the character - found many new places. Was surprised how many doors in the game are there but locked/not usable. Truth was said by somebody in my previous topic (Claudia, I guess) that developers were forced to release the game before it was 100% complete.
Found new quest "guy magazine"
Could not find where to put the tape from Kamikadze Zen. It says "mitnick wants it" but no mitnick and no e-mail regarding the tape.
The Japanese girl scared me shitlessly when her face appeared in the dark, while I was feeding the in Golden temple ....It was 2 AM btw Very Happy
I found that you can intimidate Vandal and force him to give you a blue blood pack ....I am not sure it is the same as with money in Confession club- after every storyline mission. Because I've paid him to stop milking poor bastards.

I would like to see the Samedi play-though more challenging in terms of his appearance- you have to really hide all the time, while I used to walk the centre of the street and nobody even looked at me.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:39 am

Hey man thanks for the review. It helps to make the game better for everyone
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyThu May 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The Masqerade is too easy in my opinion too. I always roleplay and hide with Nossies, I will with Samedi when I finally have time for a walktrough, but I concur: it should be forced by the game.

The Nossie photo quest is out. Item was used for something else.

Romero gives me hard times too...

Enemies should be generally tougher... I don't know what happened to your SWAT.

Beckett should appear in the alley, I think.

Humanity is a bit complicated... It has its rules. You see, below certain point ripping a kindergarten apart wouldn't even make the Beast purr...
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Humanity_%28VTM%29
http://s6.invisionfree.com/Masquerade_Project/ar/t4894.htm
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Lots of the bugs you mention sound like a messed up installation. Did you by any chance install it on CE?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Stronciy
Fledgling
Fledgling

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:09 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Lots of the bugs you mention sound like a messed up installation. Did you by any chance install it on CE?

- geek

1) in the previous topic I've described my Baali experience. Nothing in common
2) I have original copy of the VTM:B. Installed clean copy and then TFN
3) With exception of Masquerade violations. Other things are from TFN.

Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:57 am

Great review - nice details. I haven't played TFN in a while, but here's a few thoughts that come to mind:

3) IIRC, once you attack or are attacked by a police officer, the area changes to a combat zone - so you can feed and use disciplines.

9) I've tried several ways in my own 'personal' mods. It's not easy to make the game hard. To give a 'baseline' example: I played the original game with only Tess' patch (TPG) which changes the game the least of all them. I did a 'no-sidequest challenge'. Just went through the main plot. I did save Heather, and the two emails from the Prince, other than that, no side trips. So Beach House->Ocean House->Gallery->Diner->Warehouse->Dane->Grout->Museum->Isaac's tape etc...

Turned out to be pretty much no challenge for the most part. I played as a Malk, and really saw just how OP obfuscate is. I 'wasted' 15 points on dementation - by the time I got VoD, it wasn't really useful any more. Money was tight (no Venus, no Bounty Hunter money, etc...) and I could have spent the money I had better.

I got through everything but the bat-form of the sheriff. I only had one elder vitae pack left at that point - took me one to get through the 'swordsman' part (but I'll be the first to admit my 'twitch' skills suck). If I had two more, the bat would have been no problem. As it was, I just didn't have quite enough juice left in the tank to take him out. If I had put those 15 points into defense, and saved a bit of money for the blood packs, I think I would've done fine.

15) Money is pretty much tossed around like candy (unless you limit it as described above). You can also make even more bank lugging guns and baseball bats to vendors from the various combat zones (a few you have to do before the 'ending', others it doesn't matter). For my games, I raise the prices on ammo - $5/round for the 'weak' guns to $10/round for the 'good' ones. I find that helps a lot (if you don't use guns, obviously this won't help you)

16) You're a kinder, gentler corpse What a Face

As far as Vandal and blood packs - that's a bug in I think all but last CE versions, not sure about the Final Nights, but you can actually just keep intimidating him: ask where he's getting blood, intimidate, say you'll come back later(so his store 'timer' doesn't advance) , then immediately talk to him and ask him where he's getting his blood from again. Run over to Trip to sell the stack of them. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:30 am

I appreciate the feedback and understood what you were saying, though I did have a hard time understanding your Assamite review. Either way, I think you will be pleased when I finally release TFN 1.2 at all of the changes I've made to Samedi and how the world reacts to their ugliness. I completely revamped the Samedi detection system and it's very difficult to skulk about the streets of LA. I just need to decide if I want to release what I have or add the rest of my ideas first.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:48 pm

The Dark Father has risen from his torpor. Gehenna is at hand affraid

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
The Dark Father has risen from his torpor. Gehenna is at hand affraid

- geek

Haha no. Claudia emailed me about some guy named Diablerist and I was going to respond to his questions on here to find that he didn't post them here, just in the email.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:35 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I appreciate the feedback and understood what you were saying, though I did have a hard time understanding your Assamite review. Either way, I think you will be pleased when I finally release TFN 1.2 at all of the changes I've made to Samedi and how the world reacts to their ugliness. I completely revamped the Samedi detection system and it's very difficult to skulk about the streets of LA. I just need to decide if I want to release what I have or add the rest of my ideas first.

Zer0 as much as we're craving 1.2. Don't feel rushed big guy. If you do all you want to do now, you won't feel compelled to start working on a 1.3 anytime soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stronciy
Fledgling
Fledgling

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyFri May 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Zer0,

Thank you very much for what you are doing.
Please, don't rush the release. We are hungry for the new content.

BTW: how hard is it to add new locations and expand old ones? There are many locked doors in game. You could just copy-paste another room behind the door and make it playable.... Security lv 10 or Hacking lv 10 would be useful then. or a bigger warren level with more extension ..
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyFri May 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Stronciy wrote:

BTW: how hard is it to add new locations and expand old ones? There are many locked doors in game. You could just copy-paste another room behind the door and make it playable.... Security lv 10 or Hacking lv 10 would be useful then. or a bigger warren level with more extension ..

It's bitchy as hell
Wesp and Burgermeister worked for months on the new library map for UP, but it already "existed" in the files somewhere. Bloodlines is not modder friendly at all, unlike the sims, skyrim...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Creating a completely new level from scratch is a real BIG bitch. You have to create all the walls with textures, set all light sources and the lights they emit manually. And then you must fill the map with life: Props, NPCs, interesting places or scripted animations, so the npcs don't just stand there like zombies waiting for the next brain to walk past.
And then you need a story, dialogs... all the things that make a new map worthwhile.

Or you use an existing map for a new location.I've just found out that this is possible, and how to do it. It saves the efford of constructing everything from scratch, but you still have to clean up and repopulate.

And of course you have to build the teleport triggers and landing points on both maps, the one you start from, and the new one...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Stronciy
Fledgling
Fledgling

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Quote :
Or you use an existing map for a new location.I've just found out that this is possible, and how to do it. It saves the efford of constructing everything from scratch

So you could do a proper labyrinth from the Nosferatu Warrens, just by copy-pasting the location and making it a little bigger....
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Stronciy wrote:
Quote :
Or you use an existing map for a new location.I've just found out that this is possible, and how to do it. It saves the efford of constructing everything from scratch

So you could do a proper labyrinth from the Nosferatu Warrens, just by copy-pasting the location and making it a little bigger....
Might be possible. But I have no intention to even try it.
Anyway, most people who complain about the warrens want a proper way to avoid them, not even more hack and slay levels. We're not D&D or Resident Evil.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFN 1.1 Samedi   TFN 1.1 Samedi Empty

Back to top Go down

TFN 1.1 Samedi
Page 1 of 1