Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)

Go down 
+4
Dragatus
ThePhilosopher
Claudia
Karavolos
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:09 am

Thanks Malkav, I got your PM.

By the way, I did some armor text file comparisons and find a few missing lines that the light cloth armor had that the heavy armor cloth didn't. I added those lines back in and voila, it fixed the picture! Now that it's fixed, we can begin talking about different armor ideas.

It's very late here and I'm tired so I'll begin looking at those tomorrow. Gnite!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 7:00 am

I do like the idea of caping dexterity with better armor (Defense being dex based). Giving them social bonuses seems... bleh. Let's just say I hate the idea.

Zer0, why does Samedi have 2 dots in Obfuscate? I'd like to talk you out of it Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:42 am

Jad.3 wrote:
I do like the idea of caping dexterity with better armor (Defense being dex based). Giving them social bonuses seems... bleh. Let's just say I hate the idea.
So you go clubbing wearing a flak jacket? Maybe that's the reason why you always go home alone?! Laughing 

Quote :
Zer0, why does Samedi have 2 dots in Obfuscate? I'd like to talk you out of it Smile
While I'm not opposed to giving a bonus in obfuscate for Samedi, I don't really like the idea of a beginning character having 3 dots in any discipline.

geek 
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 9:47 am

It could be because it would be impossible to play as a Samedi otherwise with the way the new masquerade system is placed. However, I think that in that case, Samedi shouldn't have a point in disciplines to spend. They would start with Obfuscate 2 and that's it, any other disciplines they would have to buy from xp.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 10:08 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
So you go clubbing wearing a flak jacket? Maybe that's the reason why you always go home alone?! Laughing 

What can I say, I like them running Rolling Eyes 

ThePhilosopher wrote:
It could be because it would be impossible to play as a Samedi otherwise with the way the new masquerade system is placed. However, I think that in that case, Samedi shouldn't have a point in disciplines to spend. They would start with Obfuscate 2 and that's it, any other disciplines they would have to buy from xp.

Reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:52 pm

I hear what you guys are saying about giving the Samedi an extra point in Obfuscate and then letting them place a free point anywhere they want (even Obfuscate), but I've played around with the new Samedi flaw of being seen and it is so difficult and extreme (but realistic) that NOT giving them the Obfuscate point is unfair and game breaking.

The Samedi flaw is by fair the hardest flaw of all 7 clans to work with and until you play it for yourself, you'll see that allowing the Samedi to start with a 3 in Obfuscate isn't overpowered at all, in fact it's almost mandatory. Of course I want to give people the option to spend their free point where they choose so I'm not going to make people spend it in Obfuscate, but know that a Samedi with Obfuscate 2 will be even more challenging initially.

I will be allowing a team to Beta test this before it goes out to the public so you can play it first hand and then make your decision.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 3:48 pm

@ The Philosopher: It's not possible to withhold the free discipline point from a single clan. Either every clan gets a free point in disciplines, or none.

Zer0: If you feel a free dot in obfuscate for Samedi is warranted, at least make sure it is a regular red dot, not a blue one.
As an alternative for the free dot at creation, you could make a special xp table for Samedi obfuscate. Let the second point cost the usual 6xp, the third one only 3 more, and the 4th and 5th have the normal xp cost again. This way, players are encouraged, but not forced to spend their starting dot on obfuscate, and only have to make it over to Mercurio's with obfuscate 2 if they didn't skip the tutorial.

While writing this I've thought about something that has bugged me for quite a long time. Why must the whole map with Carson's and Mercurio's apartment, including the corridor be Elysium. And not Mercurio's only. I think I found a solution right now: Start the map as masquerade area,
change to Elysium when the door to Mercurio's apartment is opened. And when the door is closed make a python check. If the player position is inside Mercurio's keep it Elysium, if he's outside switch back to masquerade. I think I will try this for my use as well. It will allow a Nossie/Samedi to start obfuscate before leaving, and any character can use Auspex to help them hacking Carson's computer. And bloodheal will keep up a bit longer if they are wounded before entering the house.

geek 
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 4:30 pm

I made sure that it's a red dot, not the blue one, so it won't mess with the XP rate. I'll think about what you said about the separate XP table for Samedi.

I like your idea about making just Mercurio's apartment Elysium instead of the whole area. As far as leaving the Santa Monica Suites obfuscated, I made it so the pedestrian rotation starts to give the Samedi time to Obfuscate so that's not an issue. I do like the idea of using Auspex to crack Carson's PC however.

On a side note, I just made it Larry downtown is in a new place if you are Samedi. When dealing with him, I was getting Criminal Violations which was not cool. Now Larry is in a place where you can deal with him in peace while if you're the other clans, he's in his normal spot.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 6:05 pm

I'm downtown with Harry the Rat (my Samedi) and he's doing very well. I have an Inspection of 9 so I just got the Heavy Clothes for free and now I'm on the hunt to find the Light Leather armor (The one you normally buy in Chinatown). So far I haven't encountered any bugs though I had to move some NPCs around like Fat Larry b/c of the criminal violations I'd get while doing business with him. Other than that it's been running flawless.

I think we have a REAL treat for people with TFN 1.2! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:16 am

I was about to fight Brother Kanker when I realized he needed a sprucing up. So, I remade his eyes, gave him Nosferatu stained teeth, and put blood around his mouth and scratches on his forehead. Let me know if you guys like the change.

Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 Untitled-1
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 am

I'm unsure about the eyes, but the other things are good.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 3:25 am

I think it looks a lot cooler when he's moving around talking. In the picture, not so much.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 5:59 am

Maybe some more malformed teeth, otherwise I'm loving it.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 11:52 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I think it looks a lot cooler when he's moving around talking. In the picture, not so much.

It might also be a difference in taste. Personally I'm bothered that the pupils are white instead of black, as they would realistically be. (That's because the pupuls are actually openings for the light to enter the eye and they are black because the inside of an eye normally does not feature a lightsource.)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:07 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

It might also be a difference in taste. Personally I'm bothered that the pupils are white instead of black, as they would realistically be. (That's because the pupuls are actually openings for the light to enter the eye and they are black because the inside of an eye normally does not feature a lightsource.)

I guess I could play around with different eyes but in the end, I won't be able to find a pair of eyes that EVERYBODY likes because of personal preference.

Karavolos wrote:
Maybe some more malformed teeth, otherwise I'm loving it.

That would involve model editing which I'm not quite prepared to do right now. I would have to relearn Blender to do that and I really want to get this update out ASAP. This was just supposed to be a fun, quick, little thing.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:29 pm

Here is an alternate one I was playing around with. I really like the eyes on this one A LOT too. Let me know which ones you guys like better.

Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 79uh
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Actually I think I prefer the second one, the eyes look more personal and less dead-fish.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Actually I think I prefer the second one, the eyes look more personal and less dead-fish.

I actually prefer the first one. Looks like we will have to settle this in the old fashioned way >:V
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 2:04 pm

See what I mean? ^^^ I won't be able to please everyone so I'll just choose the one I like and put it in TFN 1.2.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Do it, me and Philly will fight to the death for our opinions meanwhile.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 3:44 pm

For once I really don't care XD
Nossies are very wide in looks and features Smile the only thing is that they all must look like monsters and he masquerade breaches
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 3:52 pm

http://reference.l2fury.com/index.php?title=Rugged_Bad_Looks

Who wants to be a non-Masquerade breeching Nosferatu? What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 3683-large

:-3

It's "an exception" Smile
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 5:28 pm

Why would anyone play this card in a serious enviroment is a mystery to me.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Why would anyone play a card game of Vampire the Masquerade is a mystery to me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)   Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpha Testing TFN 1.2 (Possible spoilers inside)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next