Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up

Go down 
+5
Childe of Malkav
ThePhilosopher
Karavolos
Feral
Claudia
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up Empty
PostSubject: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:59 pm

TFN 1.2 is ready to be Beta Tested. Everything I wanted to complete is nearly done including the Baali female though I still need to complete the histories. I don't wish to delay Beta testing any further so I'm ready to get this going.

I'm looking for 4 forum veterans who can dedicate 1 week of their time to playing through TFN 1.2 and look for bugs. Specifically I want the Samedi and Baali clans looked at more so than every other clan. The biggest change in 1.2 was the Samedi violation system so that needs the most attention. I would like to begin testing on this Friday, March 14th and end on Friday, March 21st. We're looking at a potential public release date on Friday, March 28th. This is not in stone but this is what I'd like to do.

Anyone interested please sign up from now until this Friday and I'll pick who I want. I'm looking for reliable veteran forum members who I can trust not to abuse this privilege. Your name of course will be added to the TFN ending credits in the game. Smile

Please respond to this post if you are interested and I will contact you via PM.

Thanks everyone!

Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up TFN12Banner

Last edited by Zer0Morph on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:41 pm

Oh the irony. I just started a new playthrough of CE earlier this afternoon. Very Happy

Anyway, I'd be happy to help you with the testing.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:52 pm

I was hoping you would. I'll put you down for a spot. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Looks like it's just you and me Draggy! W00t, have fun!
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Day 1 Night 1

Tried playing Samedi without using Obfuscate. Failed to reach Mercurio twice after investing moderate effort, didn't feel like bothering anymore. Restarted to optimize my stats.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 5:49 pm

LOL, yeah, Not using Obfuscate with the new Samedi system would be nearly impossible.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Night 2

Got spotted when walking out of the Asylum and had to run into alley to hide from cops. While waiting for the cops to stop hunting, all nicely invisible & hugging the wall, this idiot came up to me and started pissing. #@!%$!!!

Observation: Elysium building are annoying because I can't prepare Obfuscate before leaving.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 6:49 pm

/le cheer

I really wish I had time but I got so many paper dues I barely have time to download stuff..
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Claudia wrote:
/le cheer

I really wish I had time but I got so many paper dues I barely have time to download stuff..

Welcome in the club. Doing PhD research sucks  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 7:09 pm

I need a reason to replay the game, I could try it out too.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Observation: Elysium building are annoying because I can't prepare Obfuscate before leaving.

You must've been by the dumpsters if someone started peeing on you, haha!

For Elysium buildings, when you walk out, you get an 8 second grace period before the cops are summoned, to run, hide, or Obfuscate. Try walking out of Asylum and notice the cops aren't summoned right away. I run around the corner and hide when first walking out.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 8:59 pm

Karavolos wrote:
I need a reason to replay the game, I could try it out too.

You're more than welcome to join the team. I was expecting more to take interest but this is fine too. I'm about to start a new character tonight and play through to the end, taking the Ming Xiao ending to see if the game messes up again.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 pm

\o/
Let me know what needs doing and I'll get to work.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 9:23 pm

I will PM you.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Tutorial is out of the way, so far I find very little new but I digress.
I like the histories on the female Baali and I'm not sure if the feeding sound is new, but that is something I reacted positively to as well.

We will get more on the subject as it comes What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Tutorial is out of the way, so far I find very little new but I digress.
I like the histories on the female Baali and I'm not sure if the feeding sound is new, but that is something I reacted positively to as well.

We will get more on the subject as it comes What a Face

Cool, keep posting! Also look at the changes and bug fixes to see what to look out for.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Night 3

Diner references in diary & dialgoue seem to be in order. Warehouse is in orbit, getting ready to move on to Downtown, just need to finish some sidestuff. Getting Obfuscate up to 4 was such a godsend, I finally don't need to creep around all the time anymore.

Blood consumption seems to be a pretty big issue for the Samedi. You use more because you need to Obfuscate all the time and feeding itself is harder too because you can't just run around, looking for suitable prey. And the punch-a-hooker trick* that I otherwise employ doesn't work, because you get cops on your ass before you even get to the punching part.

For that reason I  would consider giving the clan an additional bonus of some sort, to make up for all the trouble they have to go through constantly. For example you could restore the Intimidation bonus they had in previous versions of the mod or get extra blood from rats.

* Punch-a-hooker trick is when you walk up to a hooker, make sure nobody else is watching and punch her in the face. That will make her run away from you ... and straight into a dark alley or garage house. So you just run after her and when you're out of sight of any witnesses you jump on her and feed.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Alrighty, been trying to get a small degree of shit done.

Persuaded Mr. Rich to give me a couple of bucks no problem, the car is there without issues and is entirely physical.
Mercurio is normal, but when I exited Mr. Rich decided to repeat the "Oh i c" quote from when I asked for money, not a biggie but bug nonetheless me thinks.

Ran about Santa Monica to have a look at the hub area for any potential bugs, I found nothing obvious or glaring.
People seem normal, everyone is going about their business, the preacher guy is doing his thing and everything meant to be scripted at this point of the game is scripted.

Went to the beach to have a look and found that the lights in the tunnel, much like the changelog said, are finally fixed. Happy face cheers 

Everything looks clear on the pier so I went to Denis and persuaded him to give me astrolite and metagamed my way to Mercurio's money. Then headed to the hospital to get some morphine and decided to ghoul Heather and blackmail Malcolm on the way out, also paid Vandal a visit, business as usual.

Turned the quests in to Mercurio (kept the money) and then went to Trip and started the Jimmy Reed quest and man I forgot how I had not invested in ranged at all this time around (ye I favour guns in Bloodlines).
If there was any bugs it would be the AI pathing as the moment I began heading down the stairs and put the bars between me and the gang members I was shooting in the face, they had no clue on how to walk around a step to start beating me again; beyond that the quest works flawlessly.

Finally I went and parked myself neatly outside the Asylum in wait for the next session.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:42 am

May I join in on the betatesting fun? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Sounds like things are working pretty well for you guys so far, that's good to hear. I decided to run a play through with a Salubri to make sure the Obeah stuff was still working and so far so good.

As far as giving the Samedi more merits, weren't you guys complaining that +1 Obfuscate was overpowered? LOL, told you it wasn't.. HAHA Smile

A +1 to Intimidate I guess wouldn't be so bad so I'll juggle it around in my head for a few nights.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 5:13 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
As far as giving the Samedi more merits, weren't you guys complaining that +1 Obfuscate was overpowered? LOL, told you it wasn't.. HAHA Smile

Yea, yeah, whatever. You were right and I was wrong. Enjoy it while it lasts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 4:10 pm

Went back into the game to get shit done!
When I left off I was camping outside of the Asylum so I went in, spoke with Jeanette, Knox and Therese to pick up some quests, then I went out to feed.
I saw two people stand by the parking lot behind the guard, so I used my nifty vampire powers to stun one of said people. No problems.. Until I tried to feed and the guy who should've been stunned suddenly ran away screaming while the guard began trying to rape my eye socket with his baton. Fortunately I quick saved before feeding just in case, back to work!

Upon reloading I decided to look for different prey but could find no convenient ones, so I decided to pay the upper floor hospital guard a visit. Obfuscate just in case and Daimonion 2 and now my blood bar is nearly filled.
Along the way I ate a rat too and got the final blood point up as I entered the Ocean House Hotel.

Entered the hotel and everything seems fine, run through it due to my superior knowledge about the place in about a minute and aside from the painfully slow door after the "Child's Severed Head Found In Laundry Machine" newspaper I noticed one bug: the laundry machine with the boiling room key wouldn't open until I ran out and back into the room. Beyond that it went surprisingly well as I was not hit once by the homing screws of doom on the way out, also noticed the rats in the basement, me gusta Very Happy

Ran through the rest of the hotel fairly carefree, took a bit of time to run down the food elevator thingy in the bar since the doors took five whole seconds to close after I got in, but no problems.
After I got to the sewers again I found a neat little rat family of four innocent souls swimm- urh, three inno- tw- fuck it, my char is a rat family destroying monster.
SO ANYWAY

When I got up I just so happened to be next to the Bailbonds, so I decided to check in with Kilpatrick and get the Gimble quest. Spoke with Jeanette after my private one-man rave party in the elevator and quickly composed myself before anyone saw me on the way out, as I went to slash paintings.
While I was there, I decided to check out the Surfside Diner and get Lily's things from the old lady, still possible to be the health inspector and still ask trick questions I noticed What a Face

Went to the hospital after checking Carson's apartment for loot clues but remembered you have to check Lily's car before you can save her. Oh well, still got Virgil's stuff. Left Lily's picture in the chest too, with some luck people will come for her once she's out >=D

That aside, went and fought the Shade, took some effort due to my non-combat spec, but I got it done and hired a hooker afterwards as a reward. Accidentally killed said hooker by not being quick enough to click away the feeding and notice I have three humanity and 11 XP; I could raise my humanity pretty easily, but where's the fun in that?

I then went to Gimble and fought him, noticed two things as I did: first Carson's initial "Huh? Oh hey" sound file didn't work, may be my own game messing up, not sure.
Second, on one occasion Daimonion 2 didn't stun Gimble.
Beyond that, no problems went back to my apartment to check on them logs before heading back to the hospital for some werewolf blood and a thin-blood before heading back to Kilpatrick with a dead guard behind me, I got impatient.

So anyway, I killed off the weeaboo Chinese vampire and then went back to my apartment to turn in the blood and restock on ammo and are now 150$ richer! Also decided to spend those 2XP on humanity afterall, lest I lose the game from getting careless with the remaining two.

At any rate I went to the diner running thro- OHGODTHETHUGSAREONTHEWRONGSIDEOFTHEDINERWHYYYY
Ahem, so ye nearly got killed due to carelessness, but with Obfuscate and Daimonion 2 I managed to get out of it, drain one dude and semi-drain another and still sneak away with Obfuscate before the Police had a clue I was there. Got Jeanette killed and went to camp on Tung's mattress until the next session.

And that's it for now.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 5:25 pm

When I did the Ocean House I discovered that a well timed jump allows you to skip the basement section. All diner references I came across seemt o be fine.

Night 4

Been busy in downtown. Did all the sidequest and Grout's mansion. Everything seems to be working fine so far.

The one thing I haven't done is talk to Heather, though I ran invisible past her a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 5:28 pm

I already knew the bypass, but decided to go with the usual style of business to make sure I get a look at everything.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 8:29 am

Night 5

Got through the museum and entered Hollywood. Found the tape, did first quest for VV, encountered problems with her second quest. David Hatter insist on running around his motel and screaming in terror instead of telling me who his source is. I think I might just have to kill him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up Empty

Back to top Go down

Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next