Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)

Go down 
+12
wesp5
Claudia
malak
Dragatus
Malachite
Cretino
Jad.3
Feral
Maxus Corvin
aneumann01
YamiRaziel
kyoden
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:31 pm

I think there are plenty of threads that have addressed how to turn off the bloodtimer though; Malkav can probably be nagged at to reveal how to nerf guns as well if you wish it. #NagMalkav
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:42 pm

Malachite,

First off, I didn't see anyone welcome you to the TCI forum (maybe they did and I just didn't see it), so I want to welcome you here. Being a fan of Antitribu and TCI mods is A-Okay with me, play what you enjoy and have fun, that's what this is supposed to be about.

On that note, yes the bloodtimer can be reduced, speed up, or removed entirely from CE and TFN. The guns in TFN can be reduced pretty easily as well. If you want instructions on how to do that, feel free to post and we can set you up with everything you need.

Again welcome to the forum! Very Happy

Claudia,

I'm not going to repost what you said because it was pretty lengthy but I wanted to thank you for posting it. I agree with everything you said and you gave your view of the community a very fair shake. Thanks for posting that, giving us a brief history of how Bloodlines modding have been over the years. I'd also like to recognize Dheu and what he's done for Bloodlines, and the Companion Mod. I don't enjoy having people follow me around but I recognize talent when I see it and he was one talented dude!

Malkav,

I'm talking about the beachhouse. If you run through the tunnel and hug the wall to the right, you can slide, then crouch jump over the gate to the second level passing the trigger for everything. I'd have to watch it again but it was pretty amazing. This guy found ALL the exploits in Bloodlines, and used the old HL2 Source engine bugs to complete the game in 1 hour. Impressive.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Malachite
Fledgling
Fledgling
Malachite

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:12 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome, Zer0Morph. But I wouldn't call myself an Antitribu fan... yet. That has to be earned. I'm not so easily seduced by hype alone. I'd give it a fair chance at its release, the same as I did with the other mods, and then we shall see. Cool

I'm very much a fan of Bloodlines and TFN and CE, though, even if I'm not so hot about some of the features of said mods.

So, I can configure bloodloss and gunpower, you say?

I remember that having a higher Stamina reduced bloodloss and CE had a customizable install (in which you could actually get some sort of nightmare mode with even more powerful weapons but you could also not install the two mods that made weapons more powerful, that was a nice touch), I think that TFN didn't have a customizable install but my memory could be off on that score.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Oh yeah sure welcome and things and stuff, excuse my french dude
Been busy whipping second year uni students so all of my politeness's long gone Very Happy

The emulation of pen and paper about bloodloss, well of course it's off (since technically, the whole storyline happens in about seven nights...), but I tend to defend difficulty. It forces you to be efficient with blood. Doing the Ocean House with a crappy constitution is totally feasible tho, but yeah everything has flaws

'Bout Dheu, that's Modder-to-Modder so I don't know much'bout that (and to me Comp Mod is kinda broken, but I'm all about usability so that's why I'm not thrilled for it).

Brad: bro whenever you like, I love you dude. You frustrate me sometimes tho :p
You know I've had a blog on VTM right ?
secretsofthemasquerade.tumblr.com

The speedrun was MAADDDNESS

This guy does it in 50 minutes tho (without running backwards)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Malachite,

Here's a link to a quick tutorial I just made on how to adjust/remove the blood timer. Enjoy!
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2141-how-to-change-or-turn-off-the-blood-timer

For the guns, I'll need more time to show you how to reduce the damage and you'd need to adjust and play them to make sure they're in line with what you want.

Claudia wrote:
Brad: bro whenever you like, I love you dude. You frustrate me sometimes tho :p
You know I've had a blog on VTM right ?
secretsofthemasquerade.tumblr.com

Just like a typical woman, she makes a blog, doesn't tell me about it, but expects me to read her mind and make a post about it, No LOOOOOOLS Razz

No, Claudia I had no idea about your blog, you want me to advertise it here? I can certainly do that.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:51 pm

Nah I've posted the link already somewhere dude (mostly in the RP section tho :p) Smile I wanted for YOU to check it out :p
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Claudia wrote:
Nah I've posted the link already somewhere dude (mostly in the RP section tho :p) Smile I wanted for YOU to check it out :p

Ahhh, you just want my attention and for me to take interest in something you created. So womanly like... LOL Alright, when the planet calms down and stops shouting in my ear, I'll check it out. This release of TFN has by far been the most.... active... perhaps turbulent might be a better word. Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Malachite
Fledgling
Fledgling
Malachite

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 4:54 pm

I thank you for your kind assistance, Zeromorph. I'll be sure to try that out when the next installment of TFN comes out.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 6:29 pm

I just watched the latest Antitribu video on their ModDB page. Looks like they bloody D&D'd the game. And they use burgermeister's library map. Probably without asking for his or Wesps permission.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 8:59 pm

I just watched it too, and it made me sad for all of those souls who've put their hopes and dreams into it all of these years. Sad

*I'm getting teary eyed*

Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 First-world-problems
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:34 am

I just hope they include a chainsaw, so that I can play it as DOOM... pirat
Back to top Go down
Malachite
Fledgling
Fledgling
Malachite

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 6:39 am

You are huge that means that you have huge blood. Bite and feed! Bite and feed!
Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 Vampire_doom
imag
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:49 pm

HAHAHA! You guys crack me up. I was hoping Antitribu plays a lot like Battlfield where I can drive a tank and smash stuff!

Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 401752_f260
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:58 pm

I WANT THE CHAINSAW!!!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 4:59 am

Dudes, I was watching the new video Marvin put up on his ModDB page, so then I decided to watch this one next...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu/videos/scorpion-eaters-ninjas-and-the-bile-shintai#imagebox

It's straight up Mortal Combat, the ninja turned into Sub-Zero with the same blue and black ninja outfit, OMG! Shocked  All the VtM elements have been completely stripped from this mod. Crying or Very sad I think Antitribu will be a hit for the 14-21 year old age range!  Rolling Eyes

Okay back to modding! Smile
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:13 am

I think it'll take more than a reference to strip out all the elements of VtM.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:22 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Dudes, I was watching the new video Marvin put up on his ModDB page, so then I decided to watch this one next...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/bloodlines-antitribu/videos/scorpion-eaters-ninjas-and-the-bile-shintai#imagebox

It's straight up Mortal Combat, the ninja turned into Sub-Zero with the same blue and black ninja outfit, OMG! Shocked  All the VtM elements have been completely stripped from this mod. Crying or Very sad
I agree. All the videos I have seen show only bloody stupid hack'n slay. affraid
Quote :
I think Antitribu will be a hit for the 14-21 year old age range!  Rolling Eyes
At least that explains the behaviour of the head "modder".

Quote :
Okay back to modding! Smile
Yes.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:53 am

Good thing I never cared about Anti-tribu so now I don't need to be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:59 am

Dragatus wrote:
Good thing I never cared about Anti-tribu so now I don't need to be disappointed.
Well, I did care... 5 years ago. But when a year had passed and nothing happened I lost interest.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 12:21 pm

How can you lose interest in a project that introduces the alien from the Aliens franchise?!?! Did you see? You can turn into one of the aliens and kill people. I think they should put Sigourney Weaver in the game as an interactive NPC. Not to mention you get to fight Sub-Zero from Mortal Combat, and he even freezes you and does ninja flips. Who wouldn't want to play that?!?! scratch
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
How can you lose interest in a project that introduces the alien from the Aliens franchise?!?!
hurp?
Zer0Morph wrote:
Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat
Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
How can you lose interest in a project that introduces the alien from the Aliens franchise?!?! Did you see? You can turn into one of the aliens and kill people. I think they should put Sigourney Weaver in the game as an interactive NPC. Not to mention you get to fight Sub-Zero from Mortal Combat, and he even freezes you and does ninja flips. Who wouldn't want to play that?!?! scratch

Technically, that wouldn't bother me. But what I would prefer is creating a more unique creature that might take cues from Giger's work, and not just using the Xenomorph design. That is the idea I had for a Tzimisce character of my own(actually two, one actually referencing the first Alien movie in something I have to finish writing), crossed a bit with the Hollows from Bleach(mostly just having a Skull-like mask that he pulls of his face, and it sticks to the side of his head).

As for the Ninja stuff...eh. Personally I...wouldn't have touched that. If pressed, my idea would be to make the look of the Kuei-Jinn more diverse, and not just what is present in the vanilla game. Specifically, I'd have them looking a bit more pale, some with scaring, others who might actually look a bit more like Demons(like the Chang brothers, for example).

Otherwise, Lets just say I have a few doubts about the mod, likely some of the same that others do. Perhaps if they had done the same thing as TFN, i.e make a bunch of changes, and then release that as v1.0. Even if they didn't update until a year or two later(at least not majorly, since people would obviously want bugfixes), they would have the confidence that comes from showing their work, not just teasing it constantly.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:40 pm

I personally don't think TFN and Antitribu are in the same league with each other what so ever. From what I've seen and read online, it appears Marvin is building Antitribu to appeal to the 14-21 age group and those who love First Person Shooters like Battlefield and Call of Duty. He's essentially stripped all that made VtM, VtM, and replaced it with aliens, ninjas, and maybe even faeries and dragons. For goodness sakes, you can turn into James Cameron's Alien and fight Sub-Zero from Mortal Combat. TFN has never catered to the A.D.D. kids or those with the attention span of a fruit fly and I think Antitribu does just that. Marvin is young so I think he built a mod for the younger generation, while I'm an old man and still enjoy the lore, dialogue, and exploration of the World of Darkness.

So with that said, I wish the best for Antitribu and I think it has its place in the community. While it's not my cup of tea personally, I'm sure there are many kids who will enjoy the changes and that kill kill kill style of gameplay. Perhaps Marvin may even add things like tanks to drive and dragons to fly around on. I think that would fit nicely in his idea of the World of Darkness. I wasn't kidding about Sigourney Weaver as an NPC and I wouldn't be surprised to see Gandalf and an Orc in there somewhere. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Zero's a bit in epicness himself as far as TFN goes, but then I may be the most upclose, personal and intimate horror gal out there :p

Bro, log in _somewhere_ so we can chat ;D
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:46 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
For goodness sakes, you can turn into James Cameron's Alien and fight Sub-Zero from Mortal Combat.
Read: Andrei's Tzimisce form. Unless that has changed since the vids we've seen.
Also Mortal Kombat*

Zer0Morph wrote:
So with that said, I wish the best for Antitribu
Lies!

Zer0Morph wrote:
While it's not my cup of tea personally, I'm sure there are many kids who will enjoy the changes and that kill kill kill style of gameplay. Perhaps Marvin may even add things like tanks to drive and dragons to fly around on. I think that would fit nicely in his idea of the World of Darkness. I wasn't kidding about Sigourney Weaver as an NPC and I wouldn't be surprised to see Gandalf and an Orc in there somewhere. Rolling Eyes
We'll see when/if it comes out, so far though it isn't, based on what has been shown, nearly as Noblebright and D&D-esque as you try to make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)   Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cease and Desist to Antitribu (Marvin) (Locked)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next