Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up

Go down 
+5
Childe of Malkav
ThePhilosopher
Karavolos
Feral
Claudia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Night 5

Got through the museum and entered Hollywood. Found the tape, did first quest for VV, encountered problems with her second quest. David Hatter insist on running around his motel and screaming in terror instead of telling me who his source is. I think I might just have to kill him.

I found that I could still talk to him even as a Samedi and scared him into telling me who his source was. Then I fed on him to calm him down. I did that quest without killing him so I know it works. But yeah, if I need to remove the function to scare him I can, but I know you can still do the quest.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Karavolos wrote:
I then went to Gimble and fought him, noticed two things as I did: first Carson's initial "Huh? Oh hey" sound file didn't work, may be my own game messing up, not sure.
Second, on one occasion Daimonion 2 didn't stun Gimble.
Beyond that, no problems went back to my apartment to check on them logs before heading back to the hospital for some werewolf blood and a thin-blood before heading back to Kilpatrick with a dead guard behind me, I got impatient.

So anyway, I killed off the weeaboo Chinese vampire and then went back to my apartment to turn in the blood and restock on ammo and are now 150$ richer! Also decided to spend those 2XP on humanity afterall, lest I lose the game from getting careless with the remaining two.

I heard the "Huh? Oh hey" sound clip so I think it's probably just your game.

That's weird that Daimonion 2 didn't stun Gimble once, maybe a glitch?

I ended up spending a total of 6 XP to raise my humanity as a Samedi because I got careless and it begin to spiral down. I knew I'd lose the game if I didn't as it's hard to find free humanity later in the game. I didn't really want to spend all night dancing so I just spent the XP.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Night 6

Managed to talk to Hatter by waiting in Obfuscate for him to calm down and then initiatining conversation straight out of Obfsucate. Had to use the same trick to talk to the guy selling weapons at the shop.

Progressing through the sewers, almost reached the Nosferatu.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:45 am

Addendum: Ran into problems in Chinatown. Nobody in the Red Dragon wants to talk to me unless I aproach them in Obfuscate. But upstairs it's Elysium so I can't talk to the old man about his abducted daughter.

I suggest disabling the criminal violation script for all quest NPCs.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Addendum: Ran into problems in Chinatown. Nobody in the Red Dragon wants to talk to me unless I aproach them in Obfuscate. But upstairs it's Elysium so I can't talk to the old man about his abducted daughter.

That's strange, I spoke with him just fine as a Samedi. I had to press the button on the podium myself but other than that, it worked out fine. I could add some sparklies on the button.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 1:13 pm

Do it.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

That's strange, I spoke with him just fine as a Samedi. I had to press the button on the podium myself but other than that, it worked out fine. I could add some sparklies on the button.

That was not an issue. I pressed the button and used the elevator to get upstairs just fine, but when I aproached the man himself I got a criminal violation.

However, I just loaded the save and this time everything worked fine. I reloaded an earlier save from before I walke into the restaurant for the first time and tried it a few times. It worked jsut fine in all cases.

The problem appears to be somewhat random and I have no clue what is causing it.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:14 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Do it.

Done. I added sparklies to the elevator button and when you press the button, they disappear. You need an inspection level of 1 to see them, so everyone will see it. It's pretty hard to miss.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:52 pm

Alright guys, it's been 1 week and it appears Beta testing was a success. I'm going to officially announce the release date of 1.2 to be Friday, April 4th. I'll leave this section open for another week in case you find a bug or two.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:21 am

I'd suggest waiting until at least one beta tester makes it through the game. Wink Specifically I'm still working towards seeing if I'll also get the bug you encountered when taking the Kue-Jin path at the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:34 am

Well I've failed majorly in my aspiration of finishing a walkthrough within a week =c
I do agree with Draggy, let him finish up a run while I try to use Daimonion 4 on supernaturals.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:20 pm

I made the announcement on all sites last night so we're in it now, HAHA! But yeah, do the Ming Xiao ending and let me know, clock's ticking now, lol.

As far as Daimoinon 4, I tested that on supernaturals and it worked great.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Dammit Zer0! Bloody Brujah and their lack of patience.

Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 Th?id=HN.608046800873194950&w=186&h=148&c=7&rs=1&pid=1
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:00 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Dammit Zer0! Bloody Brujah and their lack of patience.

You can't blame a Brujah for their lack of patience more'n you can blame a Malk for their madness, or a Tremere for wielding a wand or playin' quidditch. It's all in the blood... Laughing 

geek 
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:06 pm

It's true that I can't blame him for it. But that doesn't mean it can't annoy me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Dragatus wrote:
It's true that I can't blame him for it. But that doesn't mean it can't annoy me. Wink

NOW NOW NOW DO IT NOW!!!

NOW

NOW
NOW

NOW

NOW

Sorry, working on my patience.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 6:33 pm

You teach us patience when you disappear for FUCKING DECADES..

Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 2Q==
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:43 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:

But it's worth the wait right? LOL  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 10:40 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:

But it's worth the wait right? LOL  Razz 
Just good that the wait is over. Else our little fiend here would have turned the whole populace of Rio into warghouls to cope with his boredom. Has been a real mess to cover up for upholding the masquerade. On the other hand, my icehouse is well stocked by now... Laughing 

geek 
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 5:59 pm

I went the Kue-Jin route and encountered the same bug as Zer0. I talked to Ming Xiao but can't leave the temple. I'm not sure if it's a Samedi thing or if it's broken for everyone.

General impression of playing Samedi is that it's fun, but you desperately need Obfuscate. Upgrading my Obfuscate to 4 towards the end of Santa Monica was perhaps the biggest breakthrough I made in the character. Finally I could run on the streets! The problem this causes however, is that it makes you neglect other things, including your unique clan discipline of Thanathosis which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Good to hear you got through the game with a Samedi. I'll try a different clan with the Kue-Jin ending. I was able to get Thanatosis to lvl 3 and use it effectively as a source of strength and soak. I dunno, guess I played my differently.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:03 am

Sure, you can get it to 3 and I did max it out eventually, but it takes longer to develop than the signature discipline of the other clans. Basically with an Assamite or Baali you're free to focus on their fancy new Quietus and Daimonion discipline, but for a Samedi Obfuscate comes first and Thanatosis second.

It's not a critical problem and from a purely game mechancis point of view it's hardly an issue at all. But people play TFN to experience something different than the base game so they'll want to try out the cool new disciplines instead of focusing on the same old ones they've been using in the base game for 10 years now.

Maybe I'm exaggerating. I could've kept Obfuscate at the 3 dots I started with and built up Thanatosis instead. Obfuscate 4 does cost as much a Thanatosis 2 and 3 combined afteralll. But being able to run while obfuscated is just so damn convenient I couldn't pass it up. Wink

Obfuscate 4 also saved me a lot of blood. Not only is the duration longer, but because you can run you can cover a much greater distance in the same amount of time. I don't have any proper data, but based purely on feeling I'd say that without Obfuscate 3 I was using about twice as much blood to keep myself covered than with Obfuscate 4. It helps with hunting too, because you can easier check out the usual hunting grounds.

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 1:33 pm

Yeah, I hear ya on the Obfuscate thing. Once I got mine to 4, I was a running fool and stopped using the sewers as much. Feeding became easy because I could just float around and wait without any fear of being seen. I guess that's the whole idea of progression from a weak fledgling to a monstrously strong Elder you are at the end of the game. Smile (Timeline is off of course but hey)
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:49 pm

La Croix ending works properly for the Samedi. Still need to test Anarch and autarkis endings.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:00 pm

I've been so lazy lately, it's shameful I even aspired to finish the game in a week, sorry Zer0 Sad 

While you have announced 1.2 I'll keep on working on my walkthrough and keep an eye out for bugs, if nothing else it will give a better idea on what may need fixing in 1.3, with some luck I can get another post up tomorrow, 'till then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up   Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beta Testing TFN 1.2 Sign Up
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next