Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World of Darkness MMO

Go down 
+24
joemarra052075
Maxus Corvin
ThePhilosopher
mouser9169
Cthulhu
Bloodywolf
Duncan.Oliver
Feral
Voraxith
Harlequin
Dragatus
Childe of Malkav
Nachtrae
eye of the divine
SaulottheGentle
Jad.3
PGM1961
Karavolos
Zer0Morph
Maximus1
Childe of Munster
Claudia
8people
Mr_Flax
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr_Flax
Neonate
Neonate
Mr_Flax

World of Darkness MMO Empty
PostSubject: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:04 pm

Slightly off-topic, as it isn't a film or even an existing game yet, but does anyone have any plans to play the WoD MMO that's supposed to be coming out in 2011/12?

The reason I ask is somewhat selfish, but hopefully mutually beneficial:

I've played a great many of these MMO games over the years, some good, some bad (some just plain ugly), so I feel I've got a good idea about what makes a good one. My reasons for enjoying those that I did genuinely enjoy were many: some I liked because of the setting, some because of the gameplay; others are just fun to mess around with for a bit.

But the WoD game will be the first one where I actually, truly, deeply love the setting (yeah, I know it's the new WoD, but beggars can't be choosers), and would love to lose a lot of time to it. But I suspect that to really enjoy it I will need more than the usual level of immersion. Unfortunately, not everyone who plays it will feel the same, and nothing spoils my suspension of disbelief in an MMO setting quicker than seeing Lucius Flax, my over-confident, pompous and self important Ventrue nightclub owner, having to interact with a constantly-bouncing Nosferatu called "YO_MAMA_SUX_BALLZ".

It's just wrong.

So I'm hoping that at least a few of you lovely people on here might give it a go, if only to save me from having to hunt these people down and kill them
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Laughing

Depends how much it costs tbh, I have a free MMO I play (By that I mean keep to myself and quest like a bitch) and also have Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning that I'll play for brief spurts when money is available.

Otherwise, I'm not fond of New World and haven't got enough information to sufficiently judge if I will waste time on it, if I play I'll definitly let you know who I am though Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:07 pm

I currently play Lord of the Rings Online, and I am looking forward to trying out the WoD MMO (whatever it's called and whatever version of WoD it's based on). I am hoping it captures some of the feel of VtMR and VtMB (VtMB and VtMR are my only real exposure to WoD, so I have no PnP biases to overcome). If it does, I'll stick with it.
Back to top Go down
Maximus1
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maximus1

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:53 am

Hey Childe, I have LOTRO, was playing it in open beta and have a lifetime subscription to it since I'm a founder. Don't have it installed ATM though, got a bit tired of it after going through Moria, and Lothlorien but It's a pretty good game despite it being an MMO. I'll probably reinstall at some point, just got tired of the whole MORG thing...nothing you really do has any real consequences, or any long term lasting effects from any of your actions.

I'll never PAY to play any MMO again, I spent over $2000.00 on the original Everquest and half again that much on EQ2 subscription fees, over the many years I played both...it all seems a bit pointless after awhile.

I remember this one time I was with some guild members and we camped this one area in EQ for over 36 hours straight. We were trying to get this one item to fall for everyone in the group, everyone got their item but... NEVER again will I do stuff like that it's totally insane ROFL
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Max,

I've had similiar experiences with MMOs too, doing pointless and rediculous things for a freakin item that doesn't have any real world value. I played City of Heroes/Villains for years, have about 2 years of total time in that game and it stole many many hours of my life. In the end, I felt no different, nothing accomplished, just the daily grind of running MMO errands and for what? To max out my character so I can begin a new one?

For the WoD MMO to have any pull for me it will have to NOT be like all the other MMOs, if I smell a hint of WoW of CoH I will run the other direction. I left Bloodlines back in January to pursue Star Trek Online Beta and quit after 2 weeks. It was was same old game I've played many many times inside a Star Trek shell and it would eventually lead me to the same pointless place I was with all the others. Hence my return to Bloodlines and you wonderful people back in March.

All in all, I get ALOT more satisfaction modding Bloodlines and hanging out with you guys on the forums than I ever did playing an MMO.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Max,

I've had similiar experiences with MMOs too, doing pointless and rediculous things for a freakin item that doesn't have any real world value. I played City of Heroes/Villains for years, have about 2 years of total time in that game and it stole many many hours of my life. In the end, I felt no different, nothing accomplished, just the daily grind of running MMO errands and for what? To max out my character so I can begin a new one?

For the WoD MMO to have any pull for me it will have to NOT be like all the other MMOs, if I smell a hint of WoW of CoH I will run the other direction. I left Bloodlines back in January to pursue Star Trek Online Beta and quit after 2 weeks. It was was same old game I've played many many times inside a Star Trek shell and it would eventually lead me to the same pointless place I was with all the others. Hence my return to Bloodlines and you wonderful people back in March.

All in all, I get ALOT more satisfaction modding Bloodlines and hanging out with you guys on the forums than I ever did playing an MMO.
There's a lot of talk in the MMO community about whether it's possible to make a "non-grindy" MMO. So far the consensus seems to be "no" because MMOs have to have a lot of time sinks, and "Go kill 42 of these ravaging monsters and bring me their spleens" is an easy "quest" to make.

I don't mind the grind if the fiction is OK (like Middle-earth). I can understand its lack of appeal, though. Grindiness alone won't keep me away from the WoD MMO.

LotRO is going free-to-play in the Fall.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:49 am

World of Darkness MMO Sfsff11

Anyone have any new info on the MMO?

Last edited by Karavolos on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:25 am

Just looked at the latest over at Planet-Vampire.org. Latest guess is late 2013/early 2014 at the soonest. About a month ago, CCP/White Wolf was touting some 'big announcement', at GenCon, but it turned out to be about the books/game line, not the MMO.

When it comes to WODMMO news, the folks at CCP have their lips glued together tighter than a Mormon prom queen's knees.

Over on the White Wolf forum, use of the term 'vaporware' can get your account banned. Ask Claudia. Yet other sites have given up waiting for news. IF the WODMMO ever comes out, I'll probably give it a try, because I like vampire-related games/movies/books/etc. I'm not holding my breath, though.

I like the Thread Necromancer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:00 am

PGM1961 wrote:
I like the Thread Necromancer. Very Happy
What a Face
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 am

Loved the necromancy too Smile
I basically follow PGM's views. About the books, I'm pissed against this new Onyx Path, and frankly, bleh.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 am

Onyx Path? scratch
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:05 am

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Onyx_Path_Publishing
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 am

Urhh huh... Suspect

Also what is this vaporware?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:01 pm

WoDMMO Very Happy
link
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:24 pm

I think the WODMMO should be on this list:

"5 Vaporware Games We'd Like to Actually Play Someday."
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:57 pm

This game does sound awesome. I hope that at least you can decide on your clan or your clan would be decided from a quiz (much like in VTMB).

I hope it has more clans than VTMB.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:17 am

I'm skeptic about the idea of them allowing more than the Camarilla clans at first, but I do hope they will add them later if nothing else What a Face
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:41 am

If it does come out and the subscription charges are reasonable then I can see myself playing it, if my computer doesn't have a hissy fit and burn to a crisp like a vampire staked through the heart and left for the sun to rise. That's a pretty big if I admit.

Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:12 pm

It should be like guildwars. One time buying it and always be able to play it.
And I'd love to see all (major) clans included, not just Camarilla ones. I would get to play a Tzimisce! Very Happy They probably won't allow you to go independent (or maybe they will when you reach endgame?), but I'd probably end up in the Sabbat as a Tzimsice (assuming they let you). Would be fun if I had some friendly contacts in the Camarilla Razz XD
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:23 pm

I don't know. Both, Antitribu mod and the MMO were ancient topics already when I signed up at PV in January 2010...
My belief is that both of them will be released shortly before the appearance of the 4th horseman... The one on the pale horse, with the bones and the scythe.

- geek
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Hmm, I would love playing as a Salubri, but if that isnt included (considering that there are about 7 left in the WoD), then I would love playing as a Malkavian...that is, as long as people arent going nuts over the insanity. I mean, when I came to this board, I did consider making my user name after something Malkavian, but after being a few places elsewhere, its like people dont take insanity seriously. I mean, there more or less using insanity for appearances, like "Herp derp eyem insane faer meh!" [End Rant]
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Welcome to the fishmalkies SG Very Happy People who don't realize that Malkavians can seem to be pretty much normal....up until a certain point, where they can totally freak out!
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
My belief is that both of them will be released shortly before the appearance of the 4th horseman... The one on the pale horse, with the bones and the scythe.

World of Darkness MMO Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpEU1vF6RVMWyniCd1Vhe-eJf9RP_FNxci6_p4SBycyPZ1rAqQ3A
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:00 pm

Nachtrae wrote:
Welcome to the fishmalkies SG Very Happy People who don't realize that Malkavians can seem to be pretty much normal....up until a certain point, where they can totally freak out!

Fishmalkies?

Oh, and before I forget, by "other places" I mean deviantart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO Empty

Back to top Go down

World of Darkness MMO
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next