Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World of Darkness MMO

Go down 
+24
joemarra052075
Maxus Corvin
ThePhilosopher
mouser9169
Cthulhu
Bloodywolf
Duncan.Oliver
Feral
Voraxith
Harlequin
Dragatus
Childe of Malkav
Nachtrae
eye of the divine
SaulottheGentle
Jad.3
PGM1961
Karavolos
Zer0Morph
Maximus1
Childe of Munster
Claudia
8people
Mr_Flax
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 7:09 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
Nachtrae wrote:
Welcome to the fishmalkies SG Very Happy People who don't realize that Malkavians can seem to be pretty much normal....up until a certain point, where they can totally freak out!

Fishmalkies?

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Fishmalk
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:44 am

I'll find my malk rant and paste it here somewhere Smile

(I play malk often enough, it's my by default clan choice ^^)
Back to top Go down
Harlequin
Fledgling
Fledgling
Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 pm

I got a email from the senior producer of the WoD MMO a few days ago, told me more news will be released "soon". We take that as shortly after DUST ships, FYI. And I have been reassured by several sources it is not 'vaporware'. Can find the latest news on my site wodnews.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.wodnews.net
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:28 pm

Harlequin wrote:
And I have been reassured by several sources it is not 'vaporware'.

I regard the WODMMO in much the same way as I regard the existence of ghosts: I'm willing to believe it's possible, but I will only believe it when I see it. Third party reports are meaningless.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:31 pm

I keep finding myself wishing that DUST would be put to the side =<
And even if I do kinda agree with PGM, I will still investigate and read all I can about it.
I have hopes and dreams yet.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:48 pm

From what I was reading about WoD MMO they are planning on only allowing the 7 main Camarilla clans for starters, but plan on expanding on that later on assuming the game is popular. A real life player will become prince of a city along with his/her primogen. The prince can even call a blood hunt on other players. There will be several cities however so you can always leave if a prince is picking on you. And there will be permadeath so you may have to make a new character.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 pm

I've heard both Cammy clans only (at first) to "original clans", to "original 13 clans" and even once mentioning both the Cappadocians and Salubri. I sincerely doubt the last one as they offered little or not evidence to back it up.

Either case I do know that I wanna be a freakin' Ravnos, so I hope they will be included =<
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:23 am

Karavolos wrote:
I've heard both Cammy clans only (at first) to "original clans", to "original 13 clans" and even once mentioning both the Cappadocians and Salubri. I sincerely doubt the last one as they offered little or not evidence to back it up.

Either case I do know that I wanna be a freakin' Ravnos, so I hope they will be included =<

SHUN THE NONBELIEVER. SHUUUUUN.

But otherwise, all I know on the matter is that they mostly plan on doing Vampires. Whatever clans may differ. I wouldn't be suprised if they added in most of the stuff from VTM (Clans, Disciplines and their levels, Combo Disciplines and weaknesses).

I can imagine some senarios that would allow clans to be played. Lets see....

After the Week of Nightmares, there were about 100 Ravnos left in the entire world.

For Cappadocians, well, they did comeback...somewhat. As the Harbringers of Skulls. Hopefully they replace Necromancy with Mortis.

And for Salubri. In modern nights, the Salubri Antitribu have appeared as of late, as well as the supposed 6-7 Salubri Healers left in the world. Then there's the Nklulu Zao, but I doubt they will add in Laibon Legacies as well, considering that they are mostly the same as their European Counterparts (Except for the one which was the Lasombra Counterpart)

It sounds easy to start off with the 7 Camarilla Clans. But then they could have political associations come into play, introducing the Sabbat Clans (Lasombra, Tzimizce, Harbringers of Skulls, and Antitribus) and even Independents (Giovanni, Followers of Set, Assamites, Baali, Nagaraja, Ravnos, Salubri and Samedi).

The only clans that I cannot see coming into play would have to be the Blood Brothers Clan (For obvious reasons), Kiasyd (Their abilities more or less deal with Fae), and the Salubri Sad (Because of low numbers and newness of the Antitribu).
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 am

The Kiasyd discipline is more about causing/solving mysteries.
I think there are more than 100 Ravnos left post-WoN, but I'd need to double-check my sources.
Also, the Harbingers are even rarer than the Ravnos, so if they are included the latter would definitely be as well.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 am

Karavolos wrote:
The Kiasyd discipline is more about causing/solving mysteries.
I think there are more than 100 Ravnos left post-WoN, but I'd need to double-check my sources.
Also, the Harbingers are even rarer than the Ravnos, so if they are included the latter would definitely be as well.

IIRC, They only had about 20 Harbingers that had survived.
Hopefully, if they make it in, then I hope that the Salubri can make it in too.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 3:23 am

They don't have to follow the history of WoD by letter, so I have high hopes about all clans; though I do believe they will start with only 7.
And as it will be a free world, I expect Sabbat will come to life very soon. I inted to contribute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 4:25 am

I think Claudia and I have both made our thoughts on this subject perfectly clear on the White Wolf forums - and both received a ban for it.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 7:55 am

I expect something is going to come out of it. CPP didn't buy White Wolf for the lulz, they need to do something with the licenses.

7 Camarilla clans to start with sounds most realistic. Then if the game is poular enough throw in the Sabbat with the first expansion and the independants with the second expansion. Then they can work on mages and werewolves.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 am

Voraxith wrote:
I think Claudia and I have both made our thoughts on this subject perfectly clear on the White Wolf forums - and both received a ban for it.
lol! +1 internet for both of you! I may even start to like Claudia... well I am a sci-fi fan after all.
What did you say?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 am

Shitloads of stuff I repeated on the PV forums too Smile
As for Vora (and PGM too !) they went a little more blunt than I was (I tried to go critic and "I'm so harsh because I love WW")

Edit :
"Good news for those waiting for the WoD MMO: Martin Ericsson --known as the Tzimisce stereotype on the V20 book-- will be moving from Europe to Atlanta later this month to join Eddy Webb, Teemu Vilen and Bill Bridges to work as a Senior Storyteller on the video game!"

They're not even hiring american, and come on, you don't need people to be with you in the office to work on scenarii >_>

Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
From what I was reading about WoD MMO they are planning on only allowing the 7 main Camarilla clans for starters, but plan on expanding on that later on assuming the game is popular. A real life player will become prince of a city along with his/her primogen. The prince can even call a blood hunt on other players. There will be several cities however so you can always leave if a prince is picking on you. And there will be permadeath so you may have to make a new character.

Why can I see people taking advantage of that...?
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:02 pm

eye of the divine wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Well, this IS the World of Darkness we're talking about.

My only concern is how will Nosferatu work out? They need warrens and stuff, and I dont think that Mask of a Thousand Faces can last forever.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
eye of the divine wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

My only concern is how will Nosferatu work out? They need warrens and stuff, and I dont think that Mask of a Thousand Faces can last forever.

Laughing This is true..

As far as I know they were making warrens for us and the mask can last as long as we want it to there's no mention of a time limit that was a VTMB thing.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Obfuscate_(VTM)
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 pm

eye of the divine wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Well, the only way one player can become prince is if another player falls from the position. So while the prince may be able to abuse his power here and there and get away with it, he should always consider the possibility that someone else will take over.

I think the system is going to be fine. It's going to create exactly the type of byzantine enviroment that the game needs with plenty of delicious plotting and secrets dealings. And drama too, but that only makes it more fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Not to mention I think that people that reach such positions are most likely smart enough not to call blood hunts unless someone is majorly pissing off the city or otherwise is a huge threat somehow.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Well the initial scrabble for power will certainly be amusing to observe XD
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:36 pm

That it will. And I think all the wise players are going to stay out of it, make alliances, observe and wait for the shitstorm to pass before makign any serious bids for power.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:38 pm

eye of the divine wrote:
SaulottheGentle wrote:
eye of the divine wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Laughing This is true..

As far as I know they were making warrens for us and the mask can last as long as we want it to there's no mention of a time limit that was a VTMB thing.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Obfuscate_(VTM)

Huh.
Now my only questions left I suppose are on certain clan mechanics, and some of these I don't have a complete understanding of so please forgive me if I get anything wrong. For example:

Nosferatu: Scavenger Hunts, Warren Defenses and Entrances. For the Warren Defenses, from what I've read, there are Gardens fertilized by their own blood making oversized plants that are toxic even to vampires and ghouled overgrown alligators (seems like the urban legend of sewer gators weren't completely made up...)

Toreador: The art world in general. And their weakness of being affected by beauty. And in the Antitribus version, even ugliness.

Gangrel: Some gangrel parties where they fight each other but not kill. And the weakness of gaining a mark of the beast. And the difference between City and Country Gangrel.

Malkavian: The Malkavian Madness Network and how it would work. And derangements in general.

Tremere: Chantries, Paths of Thaumaturgy, even ranking in a clan. And for their Antitribu, maybe Dark Thaumaturgy paths?

Ventrue: Something called an "Agoge". Telling by the CQM, it appears to be a test where Ventrue have to establish power? There's also the refined tastes weakness.

Brujah:...Nothing in particular. But I suppose their shirts? IIRC, Brujah antitribu wear pink to show their Sabbat affiliation.

Lasombra: Bright lights? And lack of Shadows/Reflections? They might need some nerfing if any missions involve going into a place guarded by security cameras.

Tzimizce: Arguably, their only flaws are with the first 3 levels of Vicissitude. But kind of gets averted with Vicissitude 3, where they can meld their hands and feet into claws with Bone Craft. Also possibly averted if they allow you to customize your haven or change the appearance of other characters. Not to mention the Old Clan Tzimizce and Koldunic Sorcery.

Ravnos: Compusion to a certain vice? Can be done I suppose, but what if that vice was mass murder? Really bad, considering most who made it out of the WoN possibly survived from diablarizing their clan mates in their frenzies (No offense Kara), and as such, being more powerful than they should be.

Giovanni: It's seeable for the kiss to be more painful than it should be. There's also Necromancy and its paths.

Followers of Set: Again, their clan unity and theme of using/corrupting people. And bright lights.

Assamite: Their caste system. And then their respective desire for diablarie, compulsion to a certain knowledge, and Assamite Sorcery. Not to mention their skin getting darker with age.

Catiff/Panders: Unknown how they will work, but possible for their...predicaments.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:40 pm

Dragatus wrote:
That it will. And I think all the wise players are going to stay out of it, make alliances, observe and wait for the shitstorm to pass before makign any serious bids for power.

It also makes me wonder, should we all get it, would we all band together as a coterie? cat
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:41 pm

I propose we plan ahead, and start the alliance amongst one another here and now.

I like to live a positive life, all things considered. Let's keep hoping the game will come out and be everything we ever wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World of Darkness MMO   World of Darkness MMO - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

World of Darkness MMO
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next